Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 15, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #5,836 of 18,742
@joe28

Where is the repeat button in Glider? I somehow cannot find it.

Are there feature plans to add effects like EQ by the way?

Jan 15, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #5,837 of 18,742
Where is the repeat button in Glider? I somehow cannot find it.

A repeat function does not yet exist, but we plan to add one :)

Are there feature plans to add effects like EQ by the way?

In most cases Glider is not actually creating (or even seeing) the actual audio stream, and is acting only as a mediator to inform the renderer which song to play and where it’s located on the network. In order to add EQ functionality, Glider would have to force the audio stream to first pass through the app on your iOS device, which has many drawbacks including buffering delays, battery usage, and the requirement of a constant connection to your device at all times.

Jan 15, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #5,838 of 18,742
When using iPhone streaming and hot spot i put my phone on constant charting if possiblotherwice it would be dead in 2 h or something...

Which is ridiculous, isn't it?...
If I need to attach my phone to powerbank all the time, I can just plug it directly to Mojo to save power. I can use long usb host cable to avoid GSM interference as well. 2 pieces of equipment less, same SQ.
Or am I wrong?...

Jan 15, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #5,839 of 18,742
This is by far our most popular feature request, so hopefully we'll get to it before too long.

I also wanted to say thanks for all the recent praise and support many of you have shown us here at Glider. It's sincerely appreciated!

Keep up the good work,Joe! The progress of your work to Glider is much appreciated also!

Jan 15, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #5,840 of 18,742
A repeat function does not yet exist, but we plan to add one :)

In most cases Glider is not actually creating (or even seeing) the actual audio stream, and is acting only as a mediator to inform the renderer which song to play and where it’s located on the network. In order to add EQ functionality, Glider would have to force the audio stream to first pass through the app on your iOS device, which has many drawbacks including buffering delays, battery usage, and the requirement of a constant connection to your device at all times.

Cool. Many thanks a repeat functionality is coming.

Jan 15, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #5,841 of 18,742
If I need to attach my phone to powerbank all the time, I can just plug it directly to Mojo to save power. I can use long usb host cable to avoid GSM interference as well. 2 pieces of equipment less, same SQ.
Or am I wrong?...
Depending on your use needs.
I use Mojopoly in following circumstances.
1 in th office for headphones,
2 in the car for music playback via oux in,
3 in home attached to power amp and speakers,
4 in home with headphones in bad time.
5 in friends homes using Minirig portable powered speakers
For all this needs mojopoly even now without the app gives me wonderfull flexibility allowing to both stream Spotify and play sd card. In all this scenarios I have abilityto power my telephone if required.
But I would see no use mojopoly for any sporting activities or while walking. For this I would use my phone only and found dedicated headphones Isine or anything similar with cable dac if quality is the issue.
In my use scenarios mojopoly is perfect device combining small package, ease of use and great audio. In particular in the car audio system it makes huge difference allowing me to stream anything from either streaming or sd card in amasing quality comparing to my cd. It made my last weekend 8 hours drive completely different experience.

Jan 16, 2018 at 4:32 AM Post #5,842 of 18,742
Or am I wrong?...

Hi. If you use Poly's own internal hotspot to make the connection then the phone battery consumption is much lower and you will get hours of playing. The community and @JeremyLaurenson have made a great WiKi and videos to show how to
setup hotspot mode and retain internet access for streaming on the iPhone. See - http://www.map-pin.com/wiki/doku.php?id=chordpoly

Jan 16, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #5,843 of 18,742
Hi. If you use Poly's own internal hotspot to make the connection then the phone battery consumption is much lower and you will get hours of playing. [...]

You are right of course. I am also unable to stream from Tidal/Spotify then. Which makes it pointless for me.
As @TKpurple said, in most of cases when MojoPoly is used as a portable system, power/charging is not an issue, since...

1 in th office for headphones - I got 2 chargers and can juice up both MojoPoly and my phone,
2 in the car for music playback via oux in,- I can't do it, since my car does not have aux in, so I'm forced to use BT there - which I find tolerable, especially durng longer trips, which a louder due to higher average speed (not to mention the noise from roof box).
3 in home attached to power amp and speakers,- I use my iRDAC there, as I feed my system from many different sources and I find plugging Mojo/Poly in and out of the system annoying - but I might give it a try when I have too much free time :)
4 in home with headphones in bad time. - Do the same, in good time as well - power consumption in my home wifi range is ok,
5 in friends homes using Minirig portable powered speakers - this I do not.

But except for home headphone use, this is all still a portable application. Mojo/Poly as a mobile solution it is far from perfect now

Jan 16, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #5,844 of 18,742
You are right of course. I am also unable to stream from Tidal/Spotify then. Which makes it pointless for me.
As @TKpurple said, in most of cases when MojoPoly is used as a portable system, power/charging is not an issue, since...

1 in th office for headphones - I got 2 chargers and can juice up both MojoPoly and my phone,
2 in the car for music playback via oux in,- I can't do it, since my car does not have aux in, so I'm forced to use BT there - which I find tolerable, especially durng longer trips, which a louder due to higher average speed (not to mention the noise from roof box).
3 in home attached to power amp and speakers,- I use my iRDAC there, as I feed my system from many different sources and I find plugging Mojo/Poly in and out of the system annoying - but I might give it a try when I have too much free time :)
4 in home with headphones in bad time. - Do the same, in good time as well - power consumption in my home wifi range is ok,
5 in friends homes using Minirig portable powered speakers - this I do not.

But except for home headphone use, this is all still a portable application. Mojo/Poly as a mobile solution it is far from perfect now

If you follow the instructions in the WiKi then you can still stream from Tidal/Spotify at the same time as using Poly's hotspot.

Jan 16, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #5,845 of 18,742
If you follow the instructions in the WiKi then you can still stream from Tidal/Spotify at the same time as using Poly's hotspot.

That's true, but then, when you arrive home and want to go onto your home broadband, you need to go through the process of using the pin and taking it out of hotpot mode, which to be honest is a pain. Better to use the phone hotspot which (with Glider, at least) you can just turn off from the phone and not even significantly interrupt your listening. It's not an elegant solution (unless you're prepared to use the Poly hotspot even when wifi is available).

All roads lead to the GoFigure app...

Jan 16, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #5,846 of 18,742
I took a time once to get into "hybrid mode" but it was problematic I managed to change settings to get to hybrid mode on my phone but my MojoPoly was only getting into "settings mode" even after when clicked always stay in the hotspot mode, it was not connecting to anything allowing me to play music. I also had a problem to escape the hybrid mode as when I changed the web page my phone stopped seeing the poly web in the hybrid mode. I had to bring back initial settings of the phone to get into settings mode and be able to unclick always stay in the hotspot mode. Without the app and relying on pin it is not the most convenient way to go....

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #5,847 of 18,742
That's true, but then, when you arrive home and want to go onto your home broadband, you need to go through the process of using the pin and taking it out of hotpot mode, which to be honest is a pain. Better to use the phone hotspot which (with Glider, at least) you can just turn off from the phone and not even significantly interrupt your listening. It's not an elegant solution (unless you're prepared to use the Poly hotspot even when wifi is available).

All roads lead to the GoFigure app...

Yes true the app will resolve all of this. Although when I use Poly's hotspot because it is normally only a temporary thing I will just push the config pin and let Poly reset to hotspot mode. I leave it like this and do not go to the config web page to make any changes. Then I simply connect up my phone to the Poly WiFi and listen to music. When I get back home or in the office I just switch Poly off and then back on and it will reset back to network mode and connect straight up to my home/office router. Not as elegant as the app I admit but still with just one click of the config button I can switch between modes and use cases.

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #5,848 of 18,742
Switching off Poly can be a bit tricky as you know. It likes to stay on for quite some time, you need to disconnect it from Mojo sometimes and fiddle around a bit. Simply, it's not "just one click".
I wonder what the app will bring in reality. If it will reach the market in similar development stage as Poly did, I predict this thread to grow considerably :D

Jan 16, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #5,850 of 18,742
My time owning Poly is still very much a love-hate relationship. It's great when it works but it mostly doesn't for me.
Outside of simple Tidal HiFi and Spotify Airplay playback and 44.1khz FLAC files through Glider, I get all sorts of issues on my home wifi, iPhone hotspot and Poly's own hotspot mode.

Music playback is not smooth even when using Glider with high resolution files stored on the SD card. I cannot wait for further software updates as I want to like Mojopoly and use it more often. @Matt Bartlett I certainly do not want to start another series of posts complaining about the product but I would like to know when we should be expecting further improvements to be made.

I am using an exchanged unit so the likelihood of a hardware issue is not high. I have tried pretty much all means of playing music with Mojopoly and have not had that great of a success with anything but Airplay and hotspot mode with 44.1 khz files. I won't even mention Roon at this stage as Poly is still not certified (any idea when we should be expecting this to change)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back