Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
post-13922096
Post #4,996 of 15,356

supervisor

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Although I don't see how, I thought to ask:

Does using iPhone hot spot run data up when connected to Poly?

I recognize that in the US, we may now see companies offering free data plans for music streaming, but for now, we still must be careful using data.
only if you're streaming music (as opposed to locally downloaded Tidal, Spotify, etc.)

Reactions: Peter Hyatt
post-13922169
Post #4,997 of 15,356

GreenBow

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Just get the cheapest device you can find that will run the iOS/Android app when its released. You can't avoid Bluetooth though its how your device of choice will control music playback.
Yes, sorry. I remember now that I would need blu-tooth for control. Only I am not likely to be playing music of a source and transferring by blu-tooth to Poly. Maybe one day I will, but for now I am keeping it simple. I might have to test out the Poly though, when I get it, to make sure everything is functional. That will be challenging even for me whose a bit tech-savvy. Totally new to me though this idea of steaming music over the air.

Thank you.

Last edited:
post-13922184
Post #4,998 of 15,356

Peter Hyatt

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Poly #1 - lots of buffering issues. Poly would continuously drop out and then fall off the network/hotspot using Tidal, SD card through 8 player and I would only get 2 seconds of music through Roon before disappearing from the network. I exchanged it for another Poly in the event that it was faulty.

Poly #2 - Had it for all of 3 hours. I got it home, un-boxed it and went to put it on charge when I noticed what sounded like a brick rattling about inside. I presume the battery had not be properly secured. Took it back and the retailer had no further stock. I took back Poly #1 in the event that the FW update would sort out the problems - it did not. In fact it made it worse as it would no longer connect even via bluetooth.

Poly #3 - After 6 weeks of becoming increasingly frustrated with Poly, my retailer got new stock. I exchanged it, and since then (about a week), Poly #3 has seemed to work pretty much flawlessly (exactly the same settings as on the previous Poly). I still get about one 10-30 secs period of buffering over a listening period of about 4 hours and I have also had a couple of instances where Poly has not turned off. I have then gone into config mode to reset Poly and all has been fine.

I understand that Chord want/need to iron out all the firmware issues before considering replacing units as they won't want a 1000 working Poly's returned but it's been a frustrating process.

I do have to say, their email support has always returned my emails in a timely manner and been very helpful. At the point they could help me no longer, they did suggest to replace the unit.

I'm now a happy Poly user and I look forward to the App and Chord making all the other users happy customers.

Merry Christmas everyone!

During times of ongoing frustration, (expanse of time) the emotional impact of good customer service shouldn't be underestimated. The opposite is like "adding insult to injury."

Looking back, a five minute phone call would have told me, "nope, you're doing it correctly; it must be something else" and saved me hours, over the course of several weeks, of futility, frustration, and time loss.

Eventually, I was put in contact with the distributor who handled things well. Professional, empathetic, and helpful.

post-13922697
Post #4,999 of 15,356

Priaptor

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Well it looks like my MojoPoly issues with Roon May have been solved by Roon as Roon now sees iOS 11+ As an endpoint which theoretically should allow the superior wireless of my iPhone to playback direct to Mojo bit perfect with right cables.

Will see later.

Could be the best solution(for Roon) till MojoPoly works better

post-13922779
Post #5,000 of 15,356

Malcyg

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Well it looks like my MojoPoly issues with Roon May have been solved by Roon as Roon now sees iOS 11+ As an endpoint which theoretically should allow the superior wireless of my iPhone to playback direct to Mojo bit perfect with right cables.

Will see later.

Could be the best solution(for Roon) till MojoPoly works better
I’m using the updated Roon with MojoPoly now. It’s a good update and the iOS device endpoint was an unexpected bonus, albeit too late for me now since I have bought other devices to fill that gap, including Poly. Luckily, for me, Roon works seamlessly with my Poly, but you are right, it is another option for some who have struggled. I think you will like the Roon update anyway, it’s pretty good.

post-13922863
Post #5,001 of 15,356

polymaniac

Head-Fier
Reaction score
I’m using the updated Roon with MojoPoly now. It’s a good update and the iOS device endpoint was an unexpected bonus, albeit too late for me now since I have bought other devices to fill that gap, including Poly. Luckily, for me, Roon works seamlessly with my Poly, but you are right, it is another option for some who have struggled. I think you will like the Roon update anyway, it’s pretty good.
+1! Great Roon update. Switched my Poly to Roon with DSD (therefore, no Volumecontrol in SW). Works flawlessly for me. Sitting here since an hour or so, Roon upsamples to DSD128, Files and Roon-Core on QNAP NAS. No WIFI problems whatsoever...

post-13923339
Post #5,003 of 15,356

Signal2Noise

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
All I want for Christmas is the GoFigure app. Only 7 days away!

Reactions: mandrei83
post-13923354
Post #5,005 of 15,356

AudioBear

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Not at the moment because all Roon devices have to be on the same local network. Maybe a cloud solution could get around that. Synology? Lima? Anybody know?

post-13923541
Post #5,007 of 15,356

NYanakiev

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
@Matt Bartlett @Mojo ideas

Just got back from a business trip to see that there is no firmware update issued as of yet. I thought this was meant to be released mid last week? Any update on when this will go live?

post-13923555
Post #5,008 of 15,356

polymaniac

Head-Fier
Reaction score
@Matt Bartlett @Mojo ideas

Just got back from a business trip to see that there is no firmware update issued as of yet. I thought this was meant to be released mid last week? Any update on when this will go live?
As Matt stated a few Messages back, the update is delayed. I think they working feferishly in the background to get this out soon. With a bit luck we get this in the next few days, but let them sort out the problems, better ready then crappy.

post-13923610
Post #5,009 of 15,356
Reaction score
Website
www.chordelectronics.co.uk
Yes as @polymaniac has posted we didn't quite get the update ready for last week but we are working on it.

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
post-13923639
Post #5,010 of 15,356

NYanakiev

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Yes as @polymaniac has posted we didn't quite get the update ready for last week but we are working on it.
Okay, thanks. It would be great to have a few additional fixes in place before the festive season.

I’d love to see myself using Poly more often.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 6)