Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 16, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #4,906 of 18,752
Hi Joe —
I can get DSD64 & DSD128 files to play back on MPDluxe from the local SD card on the Mojopoly. The same files on Glider give the 714 error. Hope that helps.

On the flip side, while I can get Glider to see my Mojopoly when I’m using the hybrid hot spot mode (manual config with no router specified), I can’t get MPDluxe to connect in this mode, so that’s why MPDluxe is a non-starter for me. (It does work in Automatic hot spot mode, but then I have no internet connection on my phone...)

Plus I much prefer your UI :)

Cheers,
muski

Hi,
Yes currently DSD does not play via DLNA app although it will play via MPD, Roon, J River etc.. We are working on this.
With MPDluxe you can play via hotspot phone tethering but you need to use your Poly name in place of the IP address.
My Poly is called MattPoly and so I enter MattPoly.local in the connection settings of MPDluxe.
See below.
Hope that helps.

IMG_5536.PNG

Dec 16, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #4,907 of 18,752
I don't really want to be a PITA, however, the Chord people did say a firmware upgrade was coming after the Tuesday which is long gone. Can someone from CHORD, please post on this thread sponsored by CHORD, as to what is or is not going on? Information, even if its bad, is better than no information, especially after the date referred to you guys is long gone.

Thanks

Yes the update has been delayed. We were hoping for release by Thursday as suggested but we didn't make it.
I working on it now and have the latest firmware running and on test.

Dec 16, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #4,908 of 18,752
Always better to advise the release is delayed before its expected release than apologise after it does not appear. And any news on the app, is the firmware - once working- app fit?

Dec 16, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #4,910 of 18,752
yes he should be here apologizing to you every day instead of working on the firmware and app...
Not everyday and he works for a company called Chord Electronics who may have other employees not working on the firmware and app. And as it's Saturday I hope he is not being forced to work on it when he should be Christmas shopping - though given the choice of shopping or work - I'd work :)

Dec 16, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #4,911 of 18,752
I’d day that soon we might see Chord raising an Kickstarter or IndieGoGo campaign for collecting funds in order to start developing the GoFigure app.

There is still time until NY and my 10$ are on the table. I’m the betting guy!

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #4,913 of 18,752
@Matt Bartlett i have a suggestion for the firmware.

I use the Poly in Poly-Hotspot mode and it’ll never update this way. Switching constantly each night would be painful.

When you boot into charging mode at night, you should default to normal networks mode despite other overrides to hotspot.

This way it can reach out and get firmware

Dec 16, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #4,914 of 18,752
Not everyday and he works for a company called Chord Electronics who may have other employees not working on the firmware and app. And as it's Saturday I hope he is not being forced to work on it when he should be Christmas shopping - though given the choice of shopping or work - I'd work :)

I wouldn't be so worried about Chord or their employees and while you may "hope" they aren't working, I hope to have a working Poly before Christmas as originally indicated by Matt and others. Part of being an entrepreneur and bringing products to market is "personal sacrifice" a term that I understand has little meaning these days BUT it's time for Chord to produce or give us a better time frame when we can expect our Poly to work as it is supposed to. I understand there are PolyFans here but more of us aren't here to "praise" and just want our Poly to work as advertised and promised.

If they have to work on Saturday or during the holiday week so be it. They sold the product as advertised, with working app supposedly by Christmas, etc I don't consider myself Scrooge, but, I have worked many a weekend, both Holiday and others, to get my job done.

Personally I'm tired of the Polymania from the fanboys when the product, as it stands now, is so flawed.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #4,915 of 18,752

I use the Poly in Poly-Hotspot mode and it’ll never update this way. Switching constantly each night would be painful.

When you boot into charging mode at night, you should default to normal networks mode despite other overrides to hotspot.

This seems like a good idea. How exactly would the sequence work, without being too confusing?

Poly in hotspot mode. Turn off and let her shut down. Put on charge (goes into network mode).

If so, you’d have to know to let’s Poly completely shut down after using before charging. Also, maybe wait a bit after removing from charge before turning Mojo on (where it would then boot into the last pre-charge mode: hotspot, Roon or network). But I like it. Essentially, always in network when Mojo is off and Poly is on charge.

Dec 16, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #4,916 of 18,752
Personally I'm tired of the Polymania from the fanboys when the product, as it stands now, is so flawed.

I’m not a fanboy and have certainly been less than impressed with Chord repeatedly failing to meet stated delivery dates - not just with Poly, but also Blu II and Dave before that. All three were delayed and way past expected delivery, which does generate frustration, myself included.

With regards Poly, mine works with no problems at all with Roon, AirPlay, Bluetooth and SD card. I know you don’t want to hear that and will likely call it Polymania, but it is a fact that it just works for me. And there are many others who have stated similar. I come to this thread occasionally for information on developments and, personally, I’m tired of having to wade through pages of moaning, entitled demands and sarcastic comments from the same frustrated users. It cuts both ways.

Maybe we should split this thread into two separate streams - one for positive news about developments from Chord as well as helpful suggestions from users like JeremyLaurenson, and another for individuals to feedback and vent their frustrations?

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #4,917 of 18,752
I’m not a fanboy and have certainly been less than impressed with Chord repeatedly failing to meet stated delivery dates - not just with Poly, but also Blu II and Dave before that. All three were delayed and way past expected delivery, which does generate frustration, myself included.

With regards Poly, mine works with no problems at all with Roon, AirPlay, Bluetooth and SD card. I know you don’t want to hear that and will likely call it Polymania, but it is a fact that it just works for me. And there are many others who have stated similar. I come to this thread occasionally for information on developments and, personally, I’m tired of having to wade through pages of moaning, entitled demands and sarcastic comments from the same frustrated users. It cuts both ways.

Maybe we should split this thread into two separate streams - one for positive news about developments from Chord as well as helpful suggestions from users like JeremyLaurenson, and another for individuals to feedback and vent their frustrations?

+1

Dec 16, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #4,918 of 18,752

I have a better idea. Let Chord fix their product so it works. “Roon working” has different meaning to different people. Mine works too. However, whether My Poly turns on is anyone’s guess. Yesterday the PolyGods were beaming a bright light on me. I turned it on, played fetch with my dog for a few minutes and lo and behold when I came back Poly had turned on. It actually played red book for two songs before stuttering and ultimately stopping. Restarting it allowed me to play the whole album while lounging. So I guess, Roon works for me too, by Chord standards. And I couldn’t have better wireless coverage as my home is blanketed.

Nothing against you and I’m glad the Poly is everything you hoped but right now the product sucks, is a PITA and as someone else said is best used as a paper weight.

Dec 16, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #4,919 of 18,752

I think what might be really helpful is for those who have a reliable and working Poly over home or office Wifi and who are using it to stream DNLA or Roon to tell us your specific configuration. Brand of router, brand and number of WAPs, how you configured the SSID and Wifi channel, your Poly configuration, etc. There is either something different about the networks that are working and those that aren't or there is a batch of bad Poly's out there that need to be exchanged for ones that work. Without more detail on those that are working it will be impossible for anyone to figure out the answer.

Dec 16, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #4,920 of 18,752
I have a better idea. Let Chord fix their product so it works. “Roon working” has different meaning to different people. Mine works too. However, whether My Poly turns on is anyone’s guess. Yesterday the PolyGods were beaming a bright light on me. I turned it on, played fetch with my dog for a few minutes and lo and behold when I came back Poly had turned on. It actually played red book for two songs before stuttering and ultimately stopping. Restarting it allowed me to play the whole album while lounging. So I guess, Roon works for me too, by Chord standards. And I couldn’t have better wireless coverage as my home is blanketed.

Nothing against you and I’m glad the Poly is everything you hoped but right now the product sucks, is a PITA and as someone else said is best used as a paper weight.

Thanks, and my my post was not specifically against you either, just voicing my own frustration at the ongoing chorus of complaints and general negativity in this thread. The only problem I have with my Poly is that of needing a pin to poke it in order to change its status, hence my own eagerness for the app. Poking it with a pin - and I never have it with me when I need it - is archaic, but it serves no benefit to anyone for me to keep posting about it repeatedly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back