Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 13, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #4,801 of 18,741
I have been working with Joe on fixing some issues I was seeing in the Glider iOS app with indexing the music library stored on the SD card inserted into Poly (256GB SanDisk). He has been extremely responsive! I can highly recommend Glider as the app of choice for streaming off the SD card via an iOS device. Well worth the $4.99 cost to register. I had big problems with the other options like 8player, Neutron, and MPDLUXE. With this latest build of Glider I am having NO issues with Mojo/Poly playing tracks from the SD card, using the device as a Roon endpoint, or playing TIDAL tracks via AirPlay. These operations are all with Mojo/Poly and iPhone X connected to my home WiFi network. I have a pretty basic WiFi setup and am using the Google Wi-Fi MESH system for my router. I am very satisfied with Poly at this point and hope things continue to get better with subsequent firmware updates and the GoFigure app. I sympathize with those having issues but that does not apply to all users of the device. That being said I have yet to use Mojo/Poly in a mobile scenario with it connected to my Phone via hotspot mode.

+1.

I too think Glider is currently the best App for MojoPoly, i think it was @NYanakiev who brought Glider to this Thread. Very good find, i instantly bought it. I think i bought nearly all audio apps in the Appstore. It's a big mess.

Dec 13, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #4,802 of 18,741
I also bought all the audio apps in the Appstore. Waste of money. Just go with Glider.

Dec 13, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #4,803 of 18,741
HEAR HEAR!

Like I said, I would like a clear cut method just to turn the damn thing on!

The mojo/poly has a state of the art power button that's never been attempted before and allows powering on in ways never before imagined.

Lots of people can turn their's on, so I recommend that you upgrade your finger!

Dec 13, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #4,805 of 18,741
I also bought all the audio apps in the Appstore. Waste of money. Just go with Glider.

Thank you for the positive feedback!

If you're still having issues with Glider, we're preparing the 1.6.2 release that will solve many problems with the current version - especially if you frequently switch your Poly between network modes or connect to different WiFi networks throughout the day.

I'll be sending a Test Flight build out to all existing beta testers in the next day or so. If anyone else would like to try out these new fixes before they're released, please send me a direct message and I'll get you set up.

Dec 13, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #4,806 of 18,741
do you know the date of your modem? (it should be on the back).

I empathize with your frustration. Mine worked seamlessly. Yet, after exhausting everything else, for days, I decided to see what would happen with modem swapping. Everything worked except Poly. I wonder if older modems may be the issue. If you don't want to swap it, I understand, but even if you can borrow a friend's newer model, it might be worth the effort.

FWIW, my modem it a top of the line Netgear R9000 less than 6 months old so that's not the answer. The answer is Poly. Everything else I have ever tried joins instantly, never has signal losses, and works fine. As a frustrated Poly owner I can only hope it's a software and not a hardware problem. We'll know soon.

Dec 13, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #4,807 of 18,741
Thank you for the positive feedback!

If you're still having issues with Glider, we're preparing the 1.6.2 release that will solve many problems with the current version - especially if you frequently switch your Poly between network modes or connect to different WiFi networks throughout the day.

I'll be sending a Test Flight build out to all existing beta testers in the next day or so. If anyone else would like to try out these new fixes before they're released, please send me a direct message and I'll get you set up.

By all means sign up with Joe, It's like having our very own Poly software developer. He listens. Great to interact with. Sad to say I was a beta tester but 1.06 broke the ability of Glider to work on my Poly in any mode most of the time. If I download a fresh copy of Glider, reboot my iPhone, reformat my mSD card, and put Poly into the hotspot mode using the pin it works and I like it.

Dec 13, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #4,808 of 18,741
lol this thread has taken such a turn. i'm done. wake me up when 1.0.7 is released.

Agreed. A number of us (Beta Testers, as shared previously by JF the dealer network who had pre-release models gave little/no feedback so by default and resulting experience we are just that... Beta Testers) not seeing enough progress or open communication from Chord overall. But Matt's responses are OK.

Could well be firmware 1.1 before we have something more universally reliable and fully functioning (with app). I am just curious at which version of the firmware there will be an app release... 1.0.7 .8 .9?

For me: BT OK; Airplay on home network OK; Tidal streaming (Airplay/BT) from iPad or MackBook OK; Roon haven't tried; Mojo boot up Poly usually works and only needed to "jump start" with power cord once but haven't used it enough; Poly sees SD card OK but I don't have any content on it to determine dropouts

Will be interesting to see if there is a streamer for Hugo2. Hope there is after this one is fully baked and that Chord doesn't back away. But certainly a world of learnings on this one not to repeat!

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #4,809 of 18,741
what about the guy taking bets against the delayed release date of GoFigure? you think the Chord guys are swimming in buckets of money laughing at us while we struggle with the devices?

That was me! I put 10 bucks on the table that Chord will not release Go Figure before Santa Claus’ visit. Neither before New Year.

Sometimes is fun to laugh of a bad situation.

Dec 13, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #4,810 of 18,741
Will be interesting to see if there is a streamer for Hugo2. Hope there is after this one is fully baked and that Chord doesn't back away. But certainly a world of learnings on this one not to repeat!

I have a Sonare ultraRendu w/ LPS connected to my Hugo 2. It sounds great and works very consistently. The Hugo 2 isn't really portable, so it doesn't need some of the other feature of the Poly.

Dec 13, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #4,811 of 18,741
I have a Sonare ultraRendu w/ LPS connected to my Hugo 2. It sounds great and works very consistently. The Hugo 2 isn't really portable, so it doesn't need some of the other feature of the Poly.

This is my thought, too.

The Hugo 2 is my home desk step up, and if I travel, it can come with me, but the Mojo is the portable, on - the- go set up. This means treadmill, walking, kids' sporting events and so on.
I can't borrow my wife's Poly because she's using it!

The "2 Go" or whatever it is called may end up overwhelming us with tech advancements.

POLY question:

do others leave the SD card in poly (though not pushed in entirely) all the time, or store it separately?

Dec 13, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #4,812 of 18,741

However we do know there will be some external device as previously communicated by Chord (and visible by the 2 mounting screw holes on the one end). H2Go??? or something similar as I recall.

Dec 13, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #4,814 of 18,741
This is my thought, too.

The Hugo 2 is my home desk step up, and if I travel, it can come with me, but the Mojo is the portable, on - the- go set up. This means treadmill, walking, kids' sporting events and so on.
I can't borrow my wife's Poly because she's using it!

The "2 Go" or whatever it is called may end up overwhelming us with tech advancements.

POLY question:

do others leave the SD card in poly (though not pushed in entirely) all the time, or store it separately?

I leave it in constantly. I've only removed it once to make sure it was possible, after Peter Hyatt reported his would not come out!

Dec 13, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #4,815 of 18,741
I leave it in constantly. I've only removed it once to make sure it was possible, after Peter Hyatt reported his would not come out!

Someone said they had the same problem and the bolts were too tight, but I did not want to risk warranty by starting that.

After getting it back from distributor, it is still not the easiest to eject but it does come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

• CH23
Back