1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262
264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273
Next

Last
  1. styks
    Same here no decent shops near me in North Wales. Any decent shop is at least 2 1/2 hrs away.
    But I guess that's chicken feed to you, your countries just a little bit bigger than mine, just a little bit! ......Ha ha ha.

2. AudioTransit9213
    Haha no I completely understand. Chicago is about the distance as that for me. Far too much of a drive simply to test products.

3. andrewjamesdean
    So, are Matt and John now MIA?

When will the firmware updates and app be released?!

4. miketlse
    Bear in mind that this is the weekend, and their families should have first call on their time. :wink:

rwelles and fordski like this.
  5. Matt Bartlett
    Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
    AndrewH13 and fordski like this.
  6. fordski
    Matt I want to thank you for the support you are providing here. Your support in finding and fixing issues has been much appreciated. I look forward to the updates. Poly is a very nice device and has greatly simplified my use of Roon at home with the Mojo now that I'm no longer wired to one spot to listen. Top of the list for me on the mobile front is Tidal offline playback for Android.

Enjoy the time with your family. Thank you.

miketlse likes this.
  7. supervisor
    Poly is really just making me impatient for 2go at this point. i’m finding myself using the Mojo the most frequently since i got my Hugo 2. the ability to use it as a wireless ROON endpoint around the house is my favorite use so far—and because of that convenience I’m reaching for MojoPoly instead of H2!

8. jarnopp
    Try a female to male micro-USB from Poly to Hugo, while Poly is also plugged in to charge from the front (SD card side) and see if it works.

9. jirams
    Some observations on the matter of charging the MojoPoly combo.

1. My charger claims to be able to drive 2.5 amps into USB charging port. I don't use anything less, ever.
    2. I have an in-line metering device that can report this current during charging.
    3. When the Mojo and Poly charging lights are both white the charging current measures 1.15 amp.
    4. If I use a 'skinny' USB cable then the Poly light stays white but the Mojo light switches off/on at 5 second approx cycle.
    5. When this cycling is taking place, the current switches between 1.15 and 0.65 amp.
    6 If I use a heavy duty USB cable then both devices show steady white lights and the charging current is 1.15 amp.

Moral is.
    a. Use a substantial charger of > 2 amp. (Dumb type charger)
    b. Use a substantial USB chargong cable. (Too much voltage drop otherwise)

At end of charge the Mojo light is off and the Poly light is blue and there is a residual current of 0.22 constant on meter.

Here endeth the lesson.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    rwelles, jarnopp and miketlse like this.
  10. SteveOliver
    Still waiting for my camelcamelcamel email. :wink:

11. SteveOliver
    For all the issues around the charger, I really don't get why Chord doesn't supply one, or at least recommend an approved list of cables and chargers.

12. jirams
    If users follow Chord recommendations on charger current sourcing and use supplied cable then there should be no issues.

13. miketlse
    Won't work. The poly waits for a specific usb signal from the mojo, before fully switching on, so it will not work with the Hugo 2 (or I presume the Hugo).

14. Samuel Snoopy
    Anyone can tell me when will the Chord player app be out? No DLNA and MPD apps can compare to a real DAP experience; they are all with too many restrictions or too slow!

15. miketlse
First

Back
253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262
264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273
Next

Last