1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242
244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253
Next

Last
  1. audi0nick128
    You got it right sir :wink:

It's possible that the Mu-so has an ADC behind the analog input, so that the analog signal from Mojo is converted to digital and then to analog from the internal DAC.

But according to some even then it could sound better...

Anyways the way you described will definitely sound better than airplay

Cheers

Frarig likes this.
  2. ksalno
    Cougar,

What cables are you using with the Utopias?

3. AndrewH13
    My Tag McLaren Processor also converts analogue inputs back to digital and applies room correction. So I was pretty sceptical that adding a DAC to a Sonos via analogue input and then attached Daps would make a significant improvement.

How wrong I was, firstly a Rega DAC and then even more so, a Hugo and Hugo 2, made big improvements.

So I guess if the extra conversion is done near transparently, the DAC goodness shines through!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    audi0nick128 and Frarig like this.
  4. Frarig
    Thanks for that, audi0nick128. I've got it set up like that now and while I couldn't swear that there's a huge improvement over Airplay, it sounds bloody great to me!

5. audi0nick128
    Nice to hear your first hand experience, especially with Hugo(2).
    I have to admit I am still a little sceptic and will likely follow trough with my Voxativ diy project for H2, but I heard my dealer will have a killer offer for KEF LS 50 Wireless... So with your experience in mind I might give them a try :wink:

Well that's the most important... Give yourself some time to adjust to the new sound. I often need a while to really appreciate something new in the chain.

Cheers

AndrewH13 likes this.
  6. supervisor
    anybody have any ideas on how to get 8player to actually list my SD card albums in their proper sequence? everything is in alphabetical order... driving me insane!!!

7. JeremyLaurenson
    Settings gear bottom right.
    DLNA section - sort by
    Change to No sorting to let DLNA server (Poly) sort for you.

supervisor likes this.
  8. Signal2Noise
    Me too. I will start the trial in a few weeks and see. It's a DS1515+ with Intel Atom 2.4GHz CPU. I had bumped the ram up to 6GB from default 2GB since the Synology also acts as Plex server and delivers all my music to SONOS and CXN streamer. Interested in ROON the more I read about it. Also curious if ROON will work well with CXN (ie. album art display) even though it is not a Roon-Ready endpoint.

Sim MacLean likes this.
  9. No Disc
    Well, after scratching my head for last 6 hours, I discovered the wifi issue poly has. Poly does not support 2.4Ghz channels 12 or 13, which just happen to be the least noisy channels in my building. Set to automatic channel, or up to 11, poly will get a solid Blue light, but not channel 12 or 13.

[​IMG]

@ MojoIdea Can you provide feedback on this?

10. jarnopp
    You must not be in North America, because 12, 13, and 14 are not allowed. That is probably why they have implemented it this way.

11. No Disc
    Yep, not in USA or UK. I am however using a Apple router, which does support those channels if your not using in USA or the UK.

12. AudioBear
    deleted

13. ksalno
    Playing with my Poly today trying to figure out why I get drop-outs and complete stoppages when using Roon to stream to Poly. I have several Meraki WAPs in my house to cover multiple floors. What appears to be happening is that the Poly will randomly switch from one WAP to another, even though it is switching from a stronger signal to a weaker one and I am not moving the Poly. When the Poly does this switch between WAPs, Roon will lose connectivity with Poly. The problem appears to be unique to Poly, as I run a number of other wireless streamers like the Auralic which sit in the same room where I am testing the Poly and will stream Roon reliably all day long.

14. Matt Bartlett
    Yes as @jarnopp has posted. To meet worldwide legislation Poly is restricted to the first 11 WiFi channels.
    This is the same for many other wireless products which is probably why channels 12 & 13 have the least noise in your building........

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
  15. JeremyLaurenson
    I was out and about and powered mojo on. Mojo came up with a blue light and nothing from poly (for minutes)

I decided that poly didnt charge and must be stone dead.

Got home, plugged in for 5 minutes and just for giggles powered on. Both came up with blue lights.

Something strange...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
First

Back
233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242
244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253
Next

Last