Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 20, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #2,327 of 18,742
Yes it does! But there is one caviat that tidal music is of course encrypted and they can control where it is stored by the Tidal app and we do not have access to this. Note Tidal does not allow for music to be stored on external storage devices but it’ll allow music to be streamed over to Poly from your phone. at present

This just keeps getting better. Genius device - mine arrives tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Oct 20, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #2,328 of 18,742
Sonic impressions anyone?

Oct 20, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #2,329 of 18,742
Sonic impressions anyone?

Well, it sounds just like the Mojo, because that's where the sound is coming from, but I'm really pleased with the flexibility it offers. The story for me so far: playing from microSD - easy peasy; Tidal from iPhone - yep, no problem; set up as output device from Audirvana+ on MacBook Pro - faultless.

In short, I'm well pleased!

Oct 20, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #2,330 of 18,742
Well, it sounds just like the Mojo, because that's where the sound is coming from, but I'm really pleased with the flexibility it offers. The story for me so far: playing from microSD - easy peasy; Tidal from iPhone - yep, no problem; set up as output device from Audirvana+ on MacBook Pro - faultless.

Yes, thank you! It's rather silly all these reviews of the poly having a large section on sound quality. Aside from EMI and potential Jitter.... its Mojo.

Oct 20, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #2,331 of 18,742
A potentially stupid question: where do I find the, according to the manual, included pin to place Poly in access point mode? It's nowhere to be found in the packaging.

Oct 20, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #2,332 of 18,742

You can feed poly from Audirvana?

Oct 20, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #2,335 of 18,742
Yes, thank you! It's rather silly all these reviews of the poly having a large section on sound quality. Aside from EMI and potential Jitter.... its Mojo.
Don’t know how many times I have to say this. There is no EMI or RFI or jitter issues associated with Poly. We know what we are doing and the guys that worked on Poly’s design are simply the best available digital and RF Electronics designers any where. Yes Poly has WiFi as it must, but that is a very low power signal that is completely isolated and screened in any case. I’m sure as soon as many of you all get to know poly’s true abilities you will have no doubts at all about its sonic performance I guess it shows that I’m pretty pleased with its performance. It simply had to be that good as our Rob Watts would taken great pleasure in telling me it wasn’t up to his standards as it stands he can’t wait to have one himself as on flights he often listens for many hours on end and half a terabyte of Music to hand is perfect for him.

Oct 20, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #2,336 of 18,742
I am having pretty big issues with setting Mojo/Poly up...the P-status LED keeps shifting from blue to green and back all the time...

EDIT: I followed the manual in entering my network ID+password; upon saving Poly does not reboot and keeps flashing blue and green
EDIT 2: Tried connecting via bluetooth- Poly not found by iPhone/iPad

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #2,337 of 18,742
Oct 20, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #2,338 of 18,742
Don’t know how many times I have to say this. There is no EMI or RFI or jitter issues associated with Poly. We know what we are doing and the guys that worked on Poly’s design are simply the best available digital and RF Electronics designers any where. Yes Poly has WiFi as it must, but that is a very low power signal that is completely isolated and screened in any case.

Yeah I would have just left off any mention of Jitter/RF but someone would have whined. I’m in violent agreement with you.
The sound IS 100% Mojo and talking about Poly in terms of “does it sound different than straight Mojo” is ridiculous

Oct 20, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #2,339 of 18,742
I am having pretty big issues with setting Mojo/Poly up...the P-status LED keeps shifting from blue to green and back all the time...
EDIT: I followed the manual in entering my network ID+password; upon saving Poly does not reboot and keeps flashing blue and green
EDIT 2: Tried connecting via bluetooth- Poly not found by iPhone/iPad

Any suggestions?

same for me, although I have been able to use BT, and save my SSID only once, can change the name no issue

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #2,340 of 18,742
Yeah I would have just left off any mention of Jitter/RF but someone would have whined. I’m in violent agreement with you.
The sound IS 100% Mojo and talking about Poly in terms of “does it sound different than straight Mojo” is ridiculous

To me Mojo sounds better with Poly than any transport I have used previously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back