Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 19, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #2,252 of 18,671
When will the product be on sale in North America, especially in Canada?
I asked bluebirdmusic in Canada they don't give any date, and the other question is R we gonna be eligible for the free case offer or all gone to UK residents?
How is the shipment process is running pls elaborate(you mentioned that released to distribution channels in UK after then what?) so we can estimate the timing. Thanks.

!! I also agree with @madrei83 about the cases needed to be ready for the product launch so the apps also. !!

Yea, I would like to know this too. I have a preorder through moon audio in the US and I have heard nothing so far, so my assumption is that chord probably shipped them all to retailers at the same time, and being based in the UK, obviously the UK retailers got them first. Just no idea how much longer it will take. I am fine being patient (have been patient this long), but its going to be mighty disappointing if the free case vouchers are only for UK buyers or are gone before I even get my unit because the UK customers all got theirs first and snapped up all the cases. And normally I wouldnt care (dont use a case with the mojo), but since it appears that the poly attaches just by usb, a case seems pretty necessary for any kind of out and about usage... to hold them together. And if the mojo case is anything to go by, I would assume that if I had to buy a case, its going to be 100+ extra dollars on top of the cost of the poly and mojo.

Hope I didnt come off as spoiled or entitled, I dont mean to be. Just want some more info here so I know what to expect, and would obviously prefer to get a case for free if possible.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #2,253 of 18,671
Oct 19, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #2,254 of 18,671
''....we have a new slim fit beautiful leather sleeve in manufacture for us in Japan by VanNuys these will be available as soon as we have them. Images to follow.[/QUOTE]
Looking forward to it! Can we see a picture now? Like..before the official ones, pre production, to get an ideea? :)
Also, for the harsher conditions, can you recommend a Pelican case?
Not that I don't like the MojoPoly case, but in my opinion the Mojo and Poly design is sooo great, the feel of the materials, that I would never use a case on it. By the way, how sensitive is the connection between them to external pressure, how important is having a case? For pocket use I mean, carefully placed in, not backpack or other hazardous spaces? I know you have tested lots of times the plug in/out action..
And now that the launch happened can you pls tell us about the other Poly features we were challenged to guess?
Thank you, thank you and....thank you! :)))
Since Mojo everything else I have hardware wise just faded away to never use, iBasso, Matrix, even HD 800, with IE 800 I am always amazed, the rest just disappears in the background :))) I am dreaming of playing my Roon straight from my PC to MojoPoly, it's so convenient to not even touch the DAC AMP and have all the Roon experience on the big screen, wireless. The "no display" it really is a genial idea, don't know why some just don't get it, it's pure freedom! Use your own large, small, fixed, mobile screen or application! What else can you ask for?!
And for the Bluetooth questions, it's good as it is, for controls, other ways what is the point of listening to such low-fi codecs through hi-fi hardware? Battery wise just use it straight from the phone, it's lossy anyway, May it be BTH 10 or whatever!

Oct 19, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #2,256 of 18,671
I think the best Pelican micro case 1030 might be it.
http://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/watertight-protector-hard-cases/micro-case/standard/1030/

or even this one, i1015 with 3.5 jack but not waterproof like 1030..
http://www.pelican.com/us/en/pro/pr...ctor-hard-cases/micro-case/iphone-case/i1015/

I might be wrong, I just summed the mojopoly dimensions..

They gave me one with my Westone iems, boy is it hard as a rock! You need a hammer to crack it for sure.
But the hardware inside should not be put to much stress though, inertia will destroy the internal parts.

Oct 19, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #2,257 of 18,671
i didn't/don't need a case for Mojo with the USB Adapter Module and I don't think i'll need one for Poly.

you guys are reeaaaaaaally whining here.

Having questions about getting a case is considered whining now?

You might be right, that the poly will stay on just fine and it will never be an issue, but its still a concern for me. And since its something I would want, and that I know they are giving them to those who preordered, and that I preordered, I just want to find out if I will be able to get one or I will miss out since I am not in the uk, especially considering I expect the cases to cost at least as much as the mojo cases, which were not cheap. If I don't get one, I'll be disappointed, but its not that big of a deal. Though I dont know how wanting more info about something that was promoted here as a preorder bonus is considered whining...

Oct 19, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #2,258 of 18,671
Hmm, as of tonight, Roon Labs only list Mojo and Hugo as Roon tested. Hoping to see Poly added to that list soon enough!

Oct 19, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #2,259 of 18,671
I think the issues we are hearing here have everything to do with lack of transparency about what we're actually getting for our $600 good faith pre-purchase with Chord, and when we'll get it.

The folks who have preordered have taken a non-trivial leap of faith with a non-trivial amount of their money. Granted, Chord has made some fantastic products, but for this particular group of first-adopters I think consternation is well warranted for the price and lack of clarity.

Clearly the folks who preordered respect Chord, or we would not have done so.
We also need to be acknowledged that we have taken a certain risk with our money and there are certainly real issues and questions we have asked in this thread which have not been cleared up, even on launch day.

For myself, my questions regarding the mobile experience were completely ignored both here and in DMs:

As a portable DAC with a new portable source accessory I expected these on-the-go questions to be cleared up today with an announcement, shipping app and videos... None of which have happened.
It sounds like Chord is in Apple jail with the app... which is certainly no guarantee that it'll make it to market. Current App Store review times run a day and we were told Chord had months of extra time to have this stuff done
http://appreviewtimes.com/?apppush

There seems to be a non-trivial amount of pain involved in getting to the fantastic sound we all know Mojo delivers on the go with this new transport.
There has been a lack of transparency about what we can expect, and when we can expect it... with a lot of hyperbole about how amazing this thing will be.

Each distributor should have been told what their shipped allotments already is, and they should have been able to send emails out to the customers stating that their pre-order was to be shipped and when it would ship. Nothing like this has happened

For example, what are those amazing surprise features? Dunno.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #2,262 of 18,671
I bet the Poly is gonna be amazing with mojo and I bet that chord will continue to be awesome when it comes to service and their products... They've proven this time and time again... Why all the craze?

I bet it won't.

Poly will make almost no difference to sound quality - thats the DAC+Amp's function.

Poly's value is entirely for convenience and portability, and for certain use cases (specifically portability) it sounds like it may be missing a lot. (No app for weeks, highly problematic Wifi requirements etc)

To those that have a poly now:
While checking your email/browsing the web on your smartphone, listen to your music on poly at home, leave drive to an airport, get on the plane and listen there for a few hours...

What did you have to do, compared to:
Do all of this while just plugging in a USB camera kit.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #2,263 of 18,671
Question regarding Poly. With the case installed over Mojo/Poly, I imagine it might be a bit of a pain to switch between desktop and mobile use (taking the Poly and the case off and using just Mojo).

I'm aware that Poly can be used to stream music at home, but can I use it with multimedia on PC too, like watching movies and playing games? Or do I need to remove Poly from Mojo every time I switch from mobile to desktop use?

Oct 20, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #2,264 of 18,671
Zojokkeli: If you want to connect something (optical, coax, etc.) physically to the Mojo then yes, you would have to remove the Poly. However you can stream to the Poly in many different ways via your phone, tablet, computer and then of course you need to have the Poly connected. Have you looked at any images of the Mojo and Poly I wonder? Maybe I didn't get your question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back