Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 14, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #14,776 of 18,669
Thanks, Matt.

I normally charge the MojoPoly joined as a pair. Are there any benefits to splitting them apart and charging each unit separately? I think I did that before my test last week.
The only advantage is that this reduces the charge time. If Mojo and Poly are charged together then the majority of charge goes to Mojo first and then when that has charged Poly will fully charge. If you leave them on charge over night then it makes no difference.

Jan 15, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #14,777 of 18,669
It’s very convenient that the MojoPoly always remembers my away from home, hybrid mode, WiFi connection. However, once I return home to my home WiFi network I see the Poly connection on my iPhone & it’s unlocked. Should I be concerned about “users” trying to piggyback? I mean, can they connect to my Poly WiFi?

Jan 15, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #14,778 of 18,669
It’s very convenient that the MojoPoly always remembers my away from home, hybrid mode, WiFi connection. However, once I return home to my home WiFi network I see the Poly connection on my iPhone & it’s unlocked. Should I be concerned about “users” trying to piggyback? I mean, can they connect to my Poly WiFi?
Not likely if you set a very random password. It could be cracked by a brute force attack prob (tries massive lists of known common passwords). If they were able to connect, there is very little they could then do though I suppose, only look at your sd card contents.

Jan 16, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #14,779 of 18,669
Not likely if you set a very random password. It could be cracked by a brute force attack prob (tries massive lists of known common passwords). If they were able to connect, there is very little they could then do though I suppose, only look at your sd card contents.
Thanks for the reply. Kinda’ thought so, but wanted to reconfirm publicly. Also, I just noticed today that the Poly WiFi connection is only visible & active while I’m charging the device. When I disconnect it from the charger, the PolyConnect signal display disappears from my iPhone menu. The flashing green & blue LED’s on the device deactivate as well. It’d be nice if it wouldn’t do all that, but it’s the price you pay to play, I guess.

Again. It’s funny, most anything else, I’d immediately give up on & not look back. However, so far, the Poly reminds me of the love & tolerance I have for RC trucks & drones. That said, I’ve got another on the way in exchange for the (supposedly) defective (RFI) one I have. Will report back after I receive it.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #14,781 of 18,669
The specs I found indicate 9 ohms and 114dB. So, yes, I believe you would see great benefit from something like the iFi Match. IIRC, 846 users found noticeable hiss with just the Mojo (sans Poly) when the Mojo first came out. You may want to search that thread for more info.

Jan 16, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #14,782 of 18,669
The specs I found indicate 9 ohms and 114dB. So, yes, I believe you would see great benefit from something like the iFi Match. IIRC, 846 users found noticeable hiss with just the Mojo (sans Poly) when the Mojo first came out. You may want to search that thread for more info.
Thanks for the response. However my Mojo doesn’t produce any RFI with any of my headphones (846’s & M2’s). The Poly produces RFI while in AirPlay mode (only). I’m getting an exchange (new Poly) today. So, I’ll report back after I let it charge up & have a listen.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #14,786 of 18,669
if I get RFI with Airplay/iPhone, a restart of the iPhone usually helps
Wow. Thanks. Will definitely try that, if necessary. Speaking of which, the replacement Poly is here. I’m charging it up. Will report back tonight or tomorrow.

01 Jan 2022: Reporting back two years later 🤣. The replacement Poly exhibited RFI as well, but it eventually stopped. I don’t know exactly what, when, where or how, but it stopped 🤗 Perhaps a firmware update addressed it or maybe it just needed to “ burn in “ 🥴 Nonetheless, the Poly in WiFi/AirPlay or BT mode no longer exhibits RFI. Has hella’ quirks, but is still a relevant “cubicle” solution in my opinion. Matter of fact, I’m getting reacquainted with it, as I’m currently considering Aeon Noire's or Campfire Cascade’s 😉

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #14,787 of 18,669
Just modded my Chord Mojo a little. ( Everything shown and done at your own risk! )

Fidelizer Audio offers an upgrade mod for Mojo and among other things they change is this upgrade:
-Modify battery module to use direct connection with high purity copper wiring for full sound dynamics

Using that idea, I managed to do it myself. Original battery is a double stacked battery packs with contacts combined to double voltage. A direct connection was soldered from a battery contacts and then straight into a circuit board. A clear areas for NEG and POS are located on the Board already ( Thanks CHORD ).
Wires used are NEOTECH Solid Core UP-OCC Pure Silver 26AWG. Solder is Mundorf Best Supreme Gold Solder Silver Gold Tin.

My own subjective experiences after this mod:
My Mojo-Poly just comes alive like never before. Fuller Dynamics and more Air, as if something was unveiled further like never before. Music has more energy and sparkle and faster speed to it.

I mean the battery provides the juice to power an entire experience. An improved signal path is always an advantage imho.
Thanks for viewing!

IMG_9533.jpg IMG_9534.jpg IMG_9535.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #14,789 of 18,669
Interesting. Didn’t see the mod on their website. Do they offer it in house, parts & labour or nah?

I did the mod myself. Just used their idea. It is listed on the link below. Scroll all the way down for Chord products.
https://www.fidelizer-audio.com/portable-products/

Benefits are audible right away. As if something got "unclogged" all of the sudden. Highs and Lows are more visceral. Mojo sounded a lot more dramatic on its own too when in PC USB mode.

Jan 18, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #14,790 of 18,669
Got a bit a of a Poly "scare" today for the first time in a while.
I am an iOS user and have experienced very smooth sailing with the Poly since the last major firmware update.

My usual go-to on mobile hotspot mode Rigelian was refusing to play nice today as Poly kept on dropping off my network. Rigelian is normally pretty bulletproof but not today.
Luckily, I also have MConnect Pro on my phone, which somehow worked and ensured that me swearing at Poly was pretty short-lived :D

GoFigure what caused this, hopefully a one-off..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back