Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 6, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #4,516 of 18,756
Without being judgmental regarding Poly's ongoing problems (mine is sitting in a drawer awaiting new software and firmware), it's pretty obvious that if Poly works for 50% and doesn't work for 50% who are doing the same thing as the first 50%, Poly has problems and that's a crisis for Chord. The first rule of crisis management is to establish that you care about the customer more than anything else, you are sorry for the pain you inflicted, and you will make it right for them. It's often said that people don't care what you know until they know that you care. The next rule is don't make excuses and don't ask customers to understand or be sympathetic. Rules 3 and 4 are never deny or minimize the problem and never blame the customer. This may not be fair and it may hurt egos and pride, but it's Biz 101. It may or may not be good advice to ask them to be civil. What Chord needs to do it build trust. Nothing else they say will help. I do think they are beginning to understand all of this.

Some have waited longer than others to realize Poly's promise. We're all going to have to wait a little longer. How much longer even Chord cannot tell us. Ok, the product introduction wasn't what Chord or the rest of us hoped it would be. That's water under the bridge. I may turn mine in and move on to a new DAP, or I may just wait for the promised software improvements. No matter what I decide, I am going to be civil, constructive, and cooperative with Chord employees and Head-Fi members. To do otherwise serves no useful purpose. For the record, the two Chord people with whom I have interacted have been quick to respond and as helpful as is possible given the circumstances. What we can ask of Chord from this point forward is transparency and candor.

That is very well said sir, as a pragmatist i couldn't agree more. Thank you.

Dec 6, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #4,517 of 18,756
new Glider beta working even better with SD card on-the-go--loving my Poly more and more every day

This build of Glider is now available in the App Store as 1.6.1. We'll be following up with a 1.6.2 release soon with anything we find in the next few days, so please don't hesitate to contact me with any feedback or issues you might be having.

Dec 6, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #4,518 of 18,756
comment was tongue in cheek and meant for a laugh--you really come across as someone with a sense of humor. well done!

Often reading other comments in print within one's own mind, the sarcasm or humour, or whatever intent meant by the author, gets lost in translation. This is where the true power of the emoji comes in handy. :wink:

Dec 6, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #4,519 of 18,756
Often reading other comments in print within one's own mind, the sarcasm or humour, or whatever intent meant by the author, gets lost in translation. This is where the true power of the emoji comes in handy. :wink:

comment was in ALL CAPS and i was declaring myself the #1 polyfan—if the tone is lost on the reader because there’s no emoji attached then I cannot help you.

this thread desperately needs some levity.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #4,521 of 18,756
Using poly with Hi Fi Cast or BubbleUpnp to Stream Qobuz, Shanling M2s on top doing simple SD card duty, I'm sorted untill app comes along!
Forgot how simple, neat and great sounding this little stack is. Robert Miles 23am from Shan to Mojo to Elear and a glass of scotch, can you beat it, i think not! ........ Followed by Anthony Miles "Even Wolves Dream" and into slumber mode. :) ...... I do hope it sounds even better straight off the Poly SD card, it should, .... shouldn't it?

Levity, sort of ........... Just chill, yes?

Do you want me to start the "paper clip" jokes again ? :)

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #4,522 of 18,756
Dec 7, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #4,525 of 18,756
Ok to clarify the app uses BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) to control playback of music stored on the SD card. It does not need WiFi.
I will find out who gave out the incorrect information tomorrow and give them more training.

We are working on the different use cases and fixing the problems that have been identified in the firmware before we release the app. Some of these fixes have meant changes to the app code as well hence the delay.

I hope that helps to clear this up.

Thanks Matt, that does help to clear up the issue, when its out and we have a few positive reports of it working well I think Chord will need to make another 4000 Poly's very quickly. :) I know that will push me over into the #POLYFANCLUB.

How about a couple of screen grabs of the App in its current state so that we can see how its progressing. (well I can ask can't I)

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #4,526 of 18,756
Does anyone have issues with files on the SD player not being found still?

Do I need to:
1. buy a Samsung SD card (it looks like the Poly ships with Samsung SD cards)?
2. Wait for the app which will solve this problem?

I am using the free app from AK (hope they won’t disable supporting the Poly after reading this :p)

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #4,527 of 18,756
This build of Glider is now available in the App Store as 1.6.1. We'll be following up with a 1.6.2 release soon with anything we find in the next few days, so please don't hesitate to contact me with any feedback or issues you might be having.
Download and upgraded yet found it not reliable at all, difficult to get the song play through Mojo after disconnection and then reconnect. I set poly in hotspot mode. What are the correct sequence to start the app and poly, shall I sync every time? Syncing seems very slow too. And it suddenly play through my iPhone instead of Mojo even Poly is selected in the setting page.

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #4,528 of 18,756
How about a couple of screen grabs of the App in its current state so that we can see how its progressing. (well I can ask can't I)

Or maybe you could indicate which of the following features will be available on first release and which will be available in later releases?

a) Browse / Play SD Card by Folder
b) Browse / Play by Album/Artist/Album Artist/Genre etc
c) Creation of Playlists from browser
d) On-the-go playlist creation/addition
e) Search by Artist/Album song etc.
f) Song info
g) Album Art support

I'm sure there are other features people would want, but this seems a reasonable starting point that one might expect from any DAP.

Out of interest, how fast will the GUI be? For example, a lot of people complain about browsing speed on stand alone DAPs, Will Bluetooth speed be an issue?

Thanks

Dec 7, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #4,529 of 18,756
Or maybe you could indicate which of the following features will be available on first release and which will be available in later releases?

a) Browse / Play SD Card by Folder
b) Browse / Play by Album/Artist/Album Artist/Genre etc
c) Creation of Playlists from browser
d) On-the-go playlist creation/addition
e) Search by Artist/Album song etc.
f) Song info
g) Album Art support

I'm sure there are other features people would want, but this seems a reasonable starting point that one might expect from any DAP.

Out of interest, how fast will the GUI be? For example, a lot of people complain about browsing speed on stand alone DAPs, Will Bluetooth speed be an issue?

Thanks

Why should Chord now show prerelease Screenshots of the app and whatnot? As you all know, they have other crap to do. Let this people work on firmware updates and the app which builds on that without disturbing them. Releasing screenshots and the like would only lead to further discussion about things and features who are in flux and hence this may be the cause that they don‘t release prerelease screenshots and other unhelpful infos at this stage. And better so.

And dont be too surprised if the first release of the app is not all fully fledget Mediaplayer as here suggested. First and foremost its an app which helps to comfortably use and switch between the many modes of poly.

poly is a completely new kind of device which needs a lot of work and refinement on the firmware and softwareside, that was maybe underestimated by chord, but this is all to common in the world of groundbreaking gadgets. John and Matt are very helpful here on this thread, i think there is nobody on this thread who would be more eager to give you all the info and releasdates that were all after, but, as said. It‘s ready when its ready.

Dec 7, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #4,530 of 18,756
John and Matt are very helpful here on this thread, i think there is nobody on this thread who would be more eager to give you all the info and releasdates that were all after, but, as said. It‘s ready when its ready.

And what better way to help than simply tell us what features their product will support. This is called "Marketing" and is something all companies engage in.

It will take no time for them to say "we will support a, c, d" etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back