Chord Anni
Nov 5, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #376 of 564
the anni is great with most everything up to the susvara in terms of efficiency...it is good but not up to the performance of the 13r with the susvara...but that is setting the bar very high given the 13r costs more than 3 times as much

Nov 13, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #377 of 564
Placed an order for Anni on the official announcement day. My dealer hustled and was able to secure one which I received today. Got off to a poor start with the unit performing anywhere from somewhat constrained to horrible, as in the worst I have heard, when played with Qutest. No issue from another DAC... But it was not consistently bad. Turned out some almost new, and previously good, Schiit RCA cables were not up to doing the Chord justice. Enter some Nordost cables and all was well. Since sorting the cable issue have been using an iPad Pro to stream Apple Music to the Quest/Anni and into Focal Utopias. The performance is stunning and to my ears flawless. Anni gets a tick warm, peaking at 41 Celsius after a few hours. This is mounted in the Chord stand system below Qutest as seen in Chord marketing literature. If there is a fan it does not make its presence known. When streaming Apple Music the range of volume control is narrow, from full off to about 0900 being usable. Not a big issue as the volume is easy to control and seems to scale properly. Use a program like Kaisertone for non streaming tasks and the gain can be lowered giving Anni a wider range of volume control movement. In sum, the good things written about Anni earlier in this thread are true. Great job by Chord.

Anni.jpg

Nov 14, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #379 of 564
Very fine combo but the cash was available and having owned mTT2 before i decided to go back to it. Smoother for my oppo pm1 headphone and i don't use speakers. Photos to come. Very tough choice.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #380 of 564
I'd still love to hear more about comparisons to its price competitor's and above out of interest.
Its a step above my older amps by quite a Margin and would hope so for the price 🙂.
Still very pleased with it and no urge to find something better.... yet...😎

Nov 17, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #381 of 564
Hello. I have an Anni on order to pair with my Qutest. I currently run the Qutest from an iFi power supply rather than the stock supply. Any feedback on pros/cons of powering the Qutest via the Anni or leaving the DAC on third party supply in the interest of improving the sound according to some listeners?

Nov 17, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #382 of 564
Hello. I have an Anni on order to pair with my Qutest. I currently run the Qutest from an iFi power supply rather than the stock supply. Any feedback on pros/cons of powering the Qutest via the Anni or leaving the DAC on third party supply in the interest of improving the sound according to some listeners?
I am in day five of Anni ownership and have been experimenting as much as possible with my unit. I would suggest if your situation demonstrated gains from the iFi power to Qutest that will remain to be the case. In my case I have had no issues what so ever on any kit that I could attribute to power supply issues. I have tried the Anni with the supplied dongle to the Qutest and also running the Qutest on its own supply. I have also moved between circuits with no devices on them and back to my usual heavily populated circuit. No issues or detectable differences. To keep it simple, and save scare outlets, I am running on the dongle. I have found gains by modest upgrades to the USB cable and significant improvement with upgraded RCA interconnects. The most fun has been using the second input and doing some A/B testing with varied sources... The Qutest/Anni stack on stock power supply holds its own just fine (in my circumstances). When you have Anni in hand it won't take long to determine what works best for you. Enjoy your purchase.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #383 of 564
Anni arrived today. I have put about 2 to 3 hours on it (paired with Qutest) toggling between ZMF VC and Kennerton Wodan. Initial comparisons against Lyr 3, Flux FA-22, and Tor Audio Balanced tube amp — you can hear the “power” of the Anni similar to the Lyr 3 (7 watts) except more so. The Anni is much cleaner, crisper, and wider than the Lyr. The Tor is so different as to not be comparable. My one niggle would be that the Flux is projecting much deeper stage than the Anni with similar width. Anni definitely gives bass more heft when called for without getting bloomy. The low frequencies on the VC have rarely sounded better / had the heft that they do on the Anni.

Nov 24, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #384 of 564
If I owned a TT2 and didn’t feel it was worth it in comparison to the Sony TA-ZH1ES might I see an improvement in soundstage and detail over the Sony TA-ZH1ES internal amp? Thanks.

Dec 4, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #386 of 564
yes the anni works beautifully with the hugo 2 ...it is a very nice small amp

Dec 5, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #387 of 564
In this case h2 and Anni for hard to drive cans otherwise what's the point?

Dec 18, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #388 of 564
Thinking of getting Anni/Qutest for my new Diana TC's. But for a similar price could do the XI Broadway and a "cheaper" dac. Decisions!

Any opinions on the Chord stack with Abyss?

Dec 18, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #389 of 564
Or tt2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back