Chord Anni
Oct 23, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #288 of 564
I should say that the reason I ask is that I tend to find that linear power supplies get rid of any harshness to the sound that I'm particularly sensitive to. I've got a Qutest already and I'm 75% sure I'll get an Anni next pay day. The other 25% is for the Burson Soloist 3X. I want to see if I can get these two to be a quality, and extremely unfatiguing desktop solution. KEF LS50 Metas to follow! (Of course, if I get the Soloist then I'll want either another speaker amp or a nice set of actives)

My hope is also that running them with clean power will help to tame my (to me) edgy LCD-X 2021.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #289 of 564
Rob Watts: 2m BNC cables sounds better than 1 m.
Me: @## I need 2m BNC cables asap.

Rob Watts: I have tried many power supplies, but the switching power supply provided sounds great.
Also me: nah, I need a linear power supply, definitely sounds better than stock.

Oct 23, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #290 of 564
You can use linear or switching but it's the dual output +-... 15v 6A... not a plug in DC barrel.... this is a 4 pin din connector....
So yes you can have a great big toroidal but you need that +- output supply at that range of Amps volts and quieter than the switcher and the correct make of DIN....
If its quieter that the supplied switching PSU and you done mind the loss of warranty if it pops the amp..
And one of the custom PSU makers make one for it.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211023-200043_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211023-200043_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Oct 24, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #293 of 564
I reaaaaally want an Anni, but I'm going to have a hard time justifying $1700 when my thx789 works fine. Maybe if the 789 were to fall from the desk...
Only you can judge that... I really wanted the Sparkos Aries...potentially as good as the HP4 but the cost....
Covid uncertainty with work stopped me but it's always that few hundred more for X amp.. then a few more for amp Y..Z.....
There will always be another if you can't now... if you can try one...if not wait for more experienced ears and reviews first.... now I want a better DAC...its never ending....
Good luck regardless friend

Dave 🙂👍

Oct 24, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #294 of 564
Have anyone compared a TT2 vs Qutest/Anni, this would be an interesting comparison?

Oct 24, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #295 of 564
Have anyone compared a TT2 vs Qutest/Anni, this would be an interesting comparison?
What Hifi think it beats the Hugo2, I should imagine it would for the TT2 and potentially the Dave.... I want the Holo May or TT2 now as it shines now but I want more..... I think Hifi+ magazine have a review but not online yet... hope they have tried the TT2....

Oct 24, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #296 of 564
What Hifi think it beats the Hugo2, I should imagine it would for the TT2 and potentially the Dave.... I want the Holo May or TT2 now as it shines now but I want more..... I think Hifi+ magazine have a review but not online yet... hope they have tried the TT2....
Yes, for sure more direct power than CH2 but as a desktop dac/amp it is interesting how close it would get to the TT2, let see, bringing out the 🍿

Oct 25, 2021 at 4:32 AM Post #298 of 564
What kind of power would the Anni put into a 50 ohm impedance headphone? I'm guessing not enough for my HE6SE? Currently using a Topping A90 which puts about 5 watts per channel into 50 ohms.

Oct 25, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #299 of 564
What kind of power would the Anni put into a 50 ohm impedance headphone? I'm guessing not enough for my HE6SE? Currently using a Topping A90 which puts about 5 watts per channel into 50 ohms.
Put in a ticket to Chord support, they can give you an accurate answer....

"Support | Chord Electronics" https://chordelectronics.co.uk/get-support

Users who are viewing this thread

Back