Chord Anni
Oct 14, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #241 of 564
Has anyone tried the mscaler, qutest, anni trio vs just the anni, qutest combo for headphone listening? I demo'ed the qutest and anni earlier today with hi end headphones and was very impressed. Think the best of mojo and Hugo 2 combined. At present i use a dave with Oppo PM1 headphones but can't afford the mscaler. The mscaled qutest with anni trio would result in a complete end game system and i'm thinking of selling my dave to fund it.

The dave without mscaler is a problem for me as i was running an mscaled Hugo 2 and TT2 before and the music is just not the same without the mscaler. I need to dig around more on the qutest thread for impressions of the mscaler with qutest for headphone listening. Any advice here is also much appreciated.

Wow, whatever floats your boat... A more prudent approach might be to just keep your Dave and wait till you can add an mscaler. Better than jumping back and forth...

Oct 14, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #243 of 564
Wow, whatever floats your boat... A more prudent approach might be to just keep your Dave and wait till you can add an mscaler. Better than jumping back and forth...
selling dave for that combo?...dont do that !

Oct 14, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #244 of 564
Oct 15, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #245 of 564
the only products that have been successful are all from Rob Watts.

Wow.

Maybe in the bubble of head-fi, but in fullsize gear, John Franks has been successfully selling amps for decades.

Really, quite a disrespectful remark in regards to Chord and JF.

Oct 15, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #246 of 564
Wow.

Maybe in the bubble of head-fi, but in fullsize gear, John Franks has been successfully selling amps for decades.

Really, quite a disrespectful remark in regards to Chord and JF.
I didn’t mean to be disrespectful and I apologize if it came across that way. What I meant is that the other products are not having the same success the dacs have. I am a 2 Chanel stereo guy predominantly and chord amps have never been my go to solution for amplification.

Oct 16, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #248 of 564
Just got one, not bad at all, a step above my Singxer Sa1 out the box.
Not 2 hours on it yet.. more details later this week... shout out to Hifonix in Birmingham UK. Every dream piece of kit you can think of..... Mese Elites sound really nice... 2 hours listening to the Anni wishing I could win the lottery..
More next week...

Oct 17, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #249 of 564
There is definitely a break in period....so I've bought an alarm in case anyone steals it.....
So far I am enjoying my new DAC and headphones I've owned for the last 2 years.....

So far better than what I had....not hot using my 16ohm Ether 2s anyway... a touch warm on the right side... less than if I had sat on it and tried to hatch it.... warm..

It must have big caps as it runs for a bit depowered.

I can just just hear the fan next to my head quiet at 2am it's a non issue.....

More of everything but as a review it will need more experienced ears and different models to compare against to say where it lies for the price.... There's something in the dual feed forward tech....

Tick tock 7 more days burn in..

Oct 17, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #250 of 564
Which dac are you using? Also how transparent is anni do you think?

Oct 18, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #251 of 564
Which dac are you using? Also how transparent is anni do you think?
The Qutest.
This amount of money to most of us is a lot. I was twitching buying the Singxer SA1. I modded the amp for more transparency, this is a touch wider much cleaner. Vocals really nice bass deeper top end more crystal.
How that plays out on focals sens hifimans not sure...

I just give out early impressions and hope it matches pro reviews later..
Is it better or equal to its price peers?

Its a get what you pay for, not a value proposition....

So far so good 👍 👌 but a few days to settle and my brain adjust..

Dave

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #252 of 564
@musickid
I use a Qutest with Hms for a time now and the reallity Hms brings keeps suprising me.
I even terminated my HP's with RCA plugs driving them direct out of Qutest. Its more potent and distortion free than one thinks.

I don't think its all that bad idea to trade Dave for Hms cause of funding.
Btw if u sell Dave before its successor comes you'll get a better deal, u might even buy one back for a lower price keeping the difference.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #254 of 564
My plan is to maybe trade or sell my dave for a qutest/anni/mscaler. I use one headphone the oppo pm1 and have not found any other headphone that fits me. Adding an mscaler to my dave is beyond my reach and even if i could i would then want to add another hi end headphone which doesn't exist for the reasons mentioned. If i do this i'll be using wave fidelity bnc cables between mscaler and qutest. Can anyone recommend quality rca's in the 70-100 pound range?

I'm listening to the gladiator soundtrack while i type this on a rainy monday morning. The whole thing is very dramatic. :relaxed:

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #255 of 564
My plan is to maybe trade or sell my dave for a qutest/anni/mscaler. I use one headphone the oppo pm1 and have not found any other headphone that fits me. Adding an mscaler to my dave is beyond my reach and even if i could i would then want to add another hi end headphone which doesn't exist for the reasons mentioned. If i do this i'll be using wave fidelity bnc cables between mscaler and qutest. Can anyone recommend quality rca's in the 70-100 pound range?

I'm listening to the gladiator soundtrack while i type this on a rainy monday morning. The whole thing is very dramatic. :relaxed:
Do you you go on the Chord Facebook group Nick Bacons on there and others here... Ask those guys what they use... on thier Chords as a straw pole... Brits probably a diamond or clearway by Chord cable co

Users who are viewing this thread

Back