Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 30, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #5,941 of 6,285
I wish goFigure can be enhanced to have more user friendly interaction gui.
currently, just add and play thru playlist is really limited.
most people use other app for playing music on 2GO, those features should be included in goFigure.
I don't really agree with this.

I'd far rather see Chord focus on their own strengths than keep burning their fingers on app software. Other developers have already written apps with great GUIs. There is no need for Chord to reinvent this wheel.

Roon says: here's a software system, choose whatever hardware you like. In the same way Chord should say here's a hardware system, choose whatever software you like.

May 30, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #5,942 of 6,285
I wish goFigure can be enhanced to have more user friendly interaction gui.
currently, just add and play thru playlist is really limited.
most people use other app for playing music on 2GO, those features should be included in goFigure.
Chord have been consistent in their message for nearly 5 years.
GoFigure was intended for configuration purposes, and owners were intended to use other music player apps on phones/tablets etc for controlling/streaming music.
Not everyones cup of tea, but there are already plenty of great music player apps in existence, without Chord trying to reinvent the wheel.

Last edited:
May 30, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #5,944 of 6,285
I will be pulling the trigger on the Farad supplies for my DAVE in the next day or so.

I'm totally looking forward to this 😳😀

Jun 1, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #5,945 of 6,285
Didn’t Chord say something about coming with an update to use 2 SD cards at once?

Now that people are going to the office again, it would be great to have this feature.

Jun 1, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #5,946 of 6,285
Chord have been consistent in their message for nearly 5 years.
GoFigure was intended for configuration purposes, and owners were intended to use other music player apps on phones/tablets etc for controlling/streaming music.
Not everyones cup of tea, but there are already plenty of great music player apps in existence, without Chord trying to reinvent the wheel.

$1200 and Chord cannot even make an app.

For $999 you can buy a M1 MacBook Air with far superior tech and software. It’s really embarrassing for Chord.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2022 at 10:00 PM Post #5,947 of 6,285
Well, a $50,000 Lexus SUV cannot display non-English song name on usb, that most if not all 3C devices can do.
edit, I meant that there is always improvement needs for any product.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022 at 2:30 AM Post #5,948 of 6,285
$1200 and Chord cannot even make an app.

For $999 you can buy a M1 MacBook Air with far superior tech and software. It’s really embarrassing for Chord.
Its economies of scale, how many MacBook's do Apple sell vs Chord Hugo 2Go's? If apple sold the same number of MacBook's as Chord sold 2Go's then the MacBook would probably cost $1M each.

Also Chord have no software developers and have to sub-contract out all software development which is very expensive, I wonder how many software engineers Apple have, probably in India and or China?

You could argue that Chord should have never developed the 2Go and Poly in the first place, I bet if you asked John that question over a pint or two, he would probably agree.

Jun 2, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #5,949 of 6,285
It was pretty ambitious of Chord to produce a streamer/server with almost every streaming protocol. Being a niche audiophile company, I can’t imagine they have even 1/100th of the technical staff of Apple. It would be more appropriate to compare them to Naim or Linn—neither who offer a poly or 2go type product.

Even though both products are pretty good now, the bitterness of the growing pains and beta testing will forever haunt the poly and 2go on these forums.

Jun 2, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #5,950 of 6,285
It was pretty ambitious of Chord to produce a streamer/server with almost every streaming protocol. Being a niche audiophile company, I can’t imagine they have even 1/100th of the technical staff of Apple. It would be more appropriate to compare them to Naim or Linn—neither who offer a poly or 2go type product.

Even though both products are pretty good now, the bitterness of the growing pains and beta testing will forever haunt the poly and 2go on these forums.

Please, even my $499 Xbox Series X can do streaming over Airplay 2 or UPnP/DLNA.

Heck, my TV was destroying the Chord Poly many years ago (the 2GO didn’t exist back then). My TV worked flawless but the Poly was a brick (much older firmware than now).

I don’t see how it is ambitious when consumer devices was doing this fine.

I just don’t see how this thing can possibly cost $1200, especially when it doesn’t have an app.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #5,951 of 6,285
Please, even my $499 Xbox Series X can do streaming over Airplay 2 or UPnP/DLNA.

Heck, my TV was destroying the Chord Poly many years ago (the 2GO didn’t exist back then). My TV worked flawless but the Poly was a brick (much older firmware than now).

I just don’t see how this thing can possibly cost $1200, especially when it doesn’t have an app.
Xbox = Microsoft who has a >100 billion dollar a year revenue.

Your TV is the same. It was built by a company with billions of dollars in revenue.

As for a better app, very few device vendor apps are decent. The Mark Levinson headphone companion app is a joke for a $1K BT headphone. The shanling Eddict player is buggy as hell. The Fiio apps are pretty decent, but not comparable to apps like mconnect or Roon.

You can’t compare billion dollar companies software and engineering resources to a boutique company like Chord. You’re not going to go into Best Buy and buy a poly or 2go. Nor will you find anything that integrates as seamlessly in form factor the the Mojo or Hugo 2 in a big box store.

As for cost, the dCS headphone setup is $29,000. Is it 100x better than a Topping or Schiit stack? What an audio component is worth depends on who’s willing to spend the money. Clearly Chord is selling enough poly/2go/2yu to cover costs and make money.

If you’re poly worked nearly flawlessly out of the box when you first bought it or Chord made it very clear it was a beta product in development, would you still feel that it wasn’t worth the money? When you bought it, there were other, much cheaper options that were proven stable and reliable.

I’m not defending Chord’s handling of the poly launch. The poly was truly a nightmare to upgrade and was buggy to say the least. However, for the past 2 years, the poly/2go has been a pretty decent device. It’s not perfect, but it does do what it is supposed to do. Are they worth the cost? I think so, but that’s my money and choice. It’s not a required component to enjoy the Hugo 2 or Mojo. As I said before, there are cheaper options available.

My point is to let the past go and give the poly/2go/2yu some credit.

Jun 2, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #5,952 of 6,285

I think it is quite reasonable to question the price on hardware grounds.

I imagine that Chord had a good idea of how many 2go would sell based on a fraction of the number of Hugo 2 already sold so they could set a high price and be confident that the market would bear it.

However I don't see the step from this to producing an app. There are apps already out there that offer the 2go owners plenty of choices. Why should Chord spend money producing what would just be a functional duplicate?

Jun 2, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #5,953 of 6,285
I think it is quite reasonable to question the price on hardware grounds.

I imagine that Chord had a good idea of how many 2go would sell based on a fraction of the number of Hugo 2 already sold so they could set a high price and be confident that the market would bear it.

However I don't see the step from this to producing an app. There are apps already out there that offer the 2go owners plenty of choices. Why should Chord spend money producing what would just be a functional duplicate?
Exactly.

Chord isn’t a budget audiophile company. As an example, pricing the Mojo 2 at almost $800 in the US is pretty bold.

Ultimately it is the market that will determine if an $800 Mojo or $1200 2go is worth the money. Questioning the pricing is reasonable,

Jun 2, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #5,954 of 6,285
Xbox = Microsoft who has a >100 billion dollar a year revenue.

Your TV is the same. It was built by a company with billions of dollars in revenue.

As for a better app, very few device vendor apps are decent. The Mark Levinson headphone companion app is a joke for a $1K BT headphone. The shanling Eddict player is buggy as hell. The Fiio apps are pretty decent, but not comparable to apps like mconnect or Roon.

You can’t compare billion dollar companies software and engineering resources to a boutique company like Chord. You’re not going to go into Best Buy and buy a poly or 2go. Nor will you find anything that integrates as seamlessly in form factor the the Mojo or Hugo 2 in a big box store.

As for cost, the dCS headphone setup is $29,000. Is it 100x better than a Topping or Schiit stack? What an audio component is worth depends on who’s willing to spend the money. Clearly Chord is selling enough poly/2go/2yu to cover costs and make money.

If you’re poly worked nearly flawlessly out of the box when you first bought it or Chord made it very clear it was a beta product in development, would you still feel that it wasn’t worth the money? When you bought it, there were other, much cheaper options that were proven stable and reliable.

I’m not defending Chord’s handling of the poly launch. The poly was truly a nightmare to upgrade and was buggy to say the least. However, for the past 2 years, the poly/2go has been a pretty decent device. It’s not perfect, but it does do what it is supposed to do. Are they worth the cost? I think so, but that’s my money and choice. It’s not a required component to enjoy the Hugo 2 or Mojo. As I said before, there are cheaper options available.

My point is to let the past go and give the poly/2go/2yu some credit.
Totally agree with you!

The point here is 2go does what it is supposed to do with outstanding SQ. It’s not perfect and there is room for improvements for sure but it delivers outstanding SQ which, I believe, was the principal goal.

We can discuss there are better options available regarding different use cases, but it does what is supposed to do.

I have mine since February last year and I have no problems with it. I’m selling the combo just because I need an even more portable solution.

Regarding the possibility of use the two SD cards simultaneously, it’s not even a question. With Gofigure and Glider, it’s a matter of seconds swapping from one card to other.

It’s time to forget the past, move on and enjoy what we have right now.

Jun 18, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #5,955 of 6,285
Hi

I have possibly a noob question haha. I am using VLC to access my SD card in 2Go. I am not using Glider as it has issues recognizing my parts of my music library.
When I select the music from the 2Go (via UPNP) the music plays off my iPhone speakers and not out of my Hugo 1/4 inch jack.

Do I need to put Hugo in hotspot mode and use airplay? Currently I have Hugo 2 connected via ethernet.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back