Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Nov 6, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #4,621 of 6,285
On Oct 16th I turned my Hugo 2 and 2go in to Chord for repair.

I wasn't sure about the battery life of the Hugo, which also has a crack in the plastic cover of the Bluetooth antenna. The fit with the 2go also seemed a little too tight.

This was the crack in the antenna cover.

20200213_105222.jpg

I asked for the crack to be repaired, the batteries to be checked as well as the fit with the 2go, and for the rig to be checked over generally.

Today, I received the units by courier.

The Bluetooth antenna cover has been replaced:

20201106_111513.jpg

Further, the Hugo batteries were replaced, and the whole rig checked and cleaned and looking brand new.

As I had bought the Hugo on ebay as a used item and I didn't even have the original sales receipt I was fully expecting to pay for this repair.

The cost to me? Zero. Chord did not even charge me for shipping via DHL.

20201106_111233.jpg

This is a company that stands by its product.

There are people on this forum who would tell you otherwise.

Don't listen to them. You can buy with confidence.

Nov 6, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #4,623 of 6,285
Does anyone have tips about setting up 2go for roon ? My 2go doesn't work under wifi network and only works in ethernet connection which is not feasible in my room

Nov 7, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #4,624 of 6,285
@Alex Pi That needs more information. I've had no trouble setting it up with Wi-Fi. Do you have a 2.4Ghz network it can connect to? What is happening exactly when you try and set it up?

Nov 7, 2020 at 4:25 AM Post #4,625 of 6,285
Hi Amos,
I think I solved the problem by configuring my router to only 2.4 Ghz but I still do experience dropouts very often and have to end up resetting my router. Is there a way to improve this ?

Nov 7, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #4,626 of 6,285
Hi Amos,
I think I solved the problem by configuring my router to only 2.4 Ghz but I still do experience dropouts very often and have to end up resetting my router. Is there a way to improve this ?

I had issues with wifi dropouts and ended up getting a better router. No issues since

Nov 7, 2020 at 7:20 AM Post #4,627 of 6,285
I had issues with wifi dropouts and ended up getting a better router. No issues since
My dropouts occur in the evening, after people return home from work (I guess; I live in an apartment building). Everything's generally fine during the day. I curse the lack of a 5Ghz alternative on the 2Go (where I've now put my other 13 wifi devices).

Nov 7, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #4,628 of 6,285
My dropouts occur in the evening, after people return home from work (I guess; I live in an apartment building). Everything's generally fine during the day. I curse the lack of a 5Ghz alternative on the 2Go (where I've now put my other 13 wifi devices).

Had the same problem- I also live in a flat with lots of internet traffic and interference.

Haven't even thought about 2go not being able to work on 5ghz since.

I use the Asus RT-AX88U

Nov 7, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #4,629 of 6,285
Had the same problem- I also live in a flat with lots of internet traffic and interference.

Haven't even thought about 2go not being able to work on 5ghz since.

I use the Asus RT-AX88U

Spending another £300 in the hope it will get a £1000 device to do what it says on the tin, is not a reasonable solution in my view.
Anyway, I had cause to do a factory reset a couple of day of days ago and touch wood, no drop outs since. What with roon certification and a firmware update just around the corner, it seems we're on a roll.

Nov 10, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #4,632 of 6,285
Hey folks, looking for some clarification on some things I've read. Could some folks who own the 2go conform/correct the following?

1. The 2go does not itself have a desktop mode: leaving it plugged in indefinitely will incur hours on the battery as it is still used for power filtering. The Hugo 2 however, does go into desktop mode, even when used together with the 2go.
2. When plugged in, the 2go charges itself first, and then the Hugo 2.
3. When empty, both units will take roughly 8 hours to charge fully.
4. If a Hugo 2 has been capable of playing continuously while in desktop mode without issue (ie, there is no defect), then it should be expected to do the same with the 2go barring 2go stability issues.
5. There has been Certification update by Roon to mark the 2go as RoonReady, however, there has not been any firmware update to address any stability issues (wifi/LAN/bluetooth/local file playback) that have been reported.

I've posed them as statements for which I ask for individual confirmation/correction. They are not meant at all to attack the product; I am only looking for direct answers for these before committing to a purchase of a a 2go of my own.

Thanks folks - hope you're keeping well

Nov 10, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #4,633 of 6,285
1. The 2go does not itself have a desktop mode: leaving it plugged in indefinitely will incur hours on the battery as it is still used for power filtering. The Hugo 2 however, does go into desktop mode, even when used together with the 2go.

+1 on seeking confirmation on at least this one.

For me (and for, I imagine, a few other folk), a 2Go/2Yu combo would serve in a desktop rack. To have the batteries wear out prematurely in that scenario would be a bummer.

Nov 10, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #4,634 of 6,285
Hey folks, looking for some clarification on some things I've read. Could some folks who own the 2go conform/correct the following?

2. When plugged in, the 2go charges itself first, and then the Hugo 2.
3. When empty, both units will take roughly 8 hours to charge fully.
4. If a Hugo 2 has been capable of playing continuously while in desktop mode without issue (ie, there is no defect), then it should be expected to do the same with the 2go barring 2go stability issues.
5. There has been Certification update by Roon to mark the 2go as RoonReady, however, there has not been any firmware update to address any stability issues (wifi/LAN/bluetooth/local file playback) that have been reported.

I've posed them as statements for which I ask for individual confirmation/correction. They are not meant at all to attack the product; I am only looking for direct answers for these before committing to a purchase of a a 2go of my own.

Thanks folks - hope you're keeping well
1 - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...-adaptor-official-thread.925464/post-15546316
2 - I thought that I had seen a post indicating that the 2Go has a similar smart charge approach to the Poly, but I cannot find that post. Here is the Poly post https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...ful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/post-13845491

Nov 11, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #4,635 of 6,285
Another day, another less than neutral experience with 2go. Just won't connect to my home wifi or ethernet. Wifi details stored but nothing. Auto switch to ethernet, nothing. Reboot 2go and H2 together and separately half a dozen times, nothing. In terms of usage to fussing around in frustration ratio, long-term average of 2go is honestly a 95:5. Shocking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back