Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Oct 18, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #4,487 of 6,265
All I can say is when I do that mines overheats and cuts off
Oh yes, it runs hot, listening while charging. I stand mine on edge or use an open rack — hasn’t cut out for me, but I guess I can see it. Apologies.

Oct 18, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #4,488 of 6,265
Thanks for that revelation. Now why did you choose Qobuz over Tidal?? Are you using your iPhone to navigate through music files or Roon etc? I am new to streaming music and just have my iPhone, just received 2Go and Hugo2. I am trying not to have to pay for Roon and just the month subscription for either Tidal Qobuz. Thanks you any suggestions.

Oct 18, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #4,491 of 6,265
Does Hugo alone on the charger heat up while listening to music or just the combination of HUGO and 2Go?

Hugo on charger while playing will get warm. The Hugo/2go combo will get equally warm. You can keep the combo plugged in all the time because the Hugo goes into desktop mode.

If the Hugo gets so hot as to cut out while playing music while plugged in, I would think this would be a faulty unit.

Oct 18, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #4,492 of 6,265
It's not a good idea to name and force anyone out of the closet until they are ready to do so by themselves mike, as it could cause PTSD.

Radnor, I'd sue miketlse
Your question was 'So who here is from San Francisco ?'

Radnors previous mightyKyn profile showed his location as Palo Alto (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palo_Alto,_California )

His latest profile radnor, has listed his location this year as Oakland (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland,_California ), and then Palo Alto again.

He was hardly 'in the closet' about coming from the San Francisco Bay area.

Oct 18, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #4,493 of 6,265
Finally got my other 1TB sd card sorted out - so now I've got 2 x 1TB in the 2go (SanDisk)

Unfortunately, I've been playing a bunch of stuff this afternoon off of the SD cards and I'm getting a variety of vinylpopsandclicks as well as some straight-up drop outs (silent pauses for up to 2 seconds). Oddly, the errors have only been on redbook - not HD stuff, which runs fine. WEIRDNESS.

Anybody have any clue when the next firmware update might be coming? I'm on 1.0.3 apparently.

Doody

PS: I'm jacked in to USB and RJ45 during this session. Usually when I listen off the SD cards I'm completely off the grid. Will re-test later in that scenario. Maybe the errors are somehow tied to the Ethernet traffic (?) or the fact that the USB is connected (just to a power feed).

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #4,494 of 6,265
...so now I've got 2 x 1TB in the 2go (SanDisk)...
Think you see enough dynamite there, Butch?

1603053965727.gif

jealousy camouflaged by a feeble attempt at humor — I’ll be rocking 512 x 2 once my Prime Day purchases arrive.

Oct 18, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #4,495 of 6,265
Finally got my other 1TB sd card sorted out - so now I've got 2 x 1TB in the 2go (SanDisk)

Unfortunately, I've been playing a bunch of stuff this afternoon off of the SD cards and I'm getting a variety of vinylpopsandclicks as well as some straight-up drop outs (silent pauses for up to 2 seconds). Oddly, the errors have only been on redbook - not HD stuff, which runs fine. WEIRDNESS.

Anybody have any clue when the next firmware update might be coming? I'm on 1.0.3 apparently.

Doody

PS: I'm jacked in to USB and RJ45 during this session. Usually when I listen off the SD cards I'm completely off the grid. Will re-test later in that scenario. Maybe the errors are somehow tied to the Ethernet traffic (?) or the fact that the USB is connected (just to a power feed).
Is CHORD aware of these issues. Seems easier just to use a DAP and optical to feed the HUGO2 at this point and only use the 2GO for streaming.

Oct 19, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #4,497 of 6,265
Hey guys - I'm sorry if this has been talked about already but I took a long hiatus from Roon when my annual subscription ended. Up until then, I was enjoying the 2Go with Roon. After trying some options that were mentioned on here like Audirvana (which I never could get to connect to my 2Go or the iPhone app), I gave up and decided to re-up with Roon, only to find out that I can't re-add the 2Go as an audio device (saying the manufacturer has not yet completed certification). The only way I could get this to work is adding it using Airplay. Any advice?

Oct 19, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #4,500 of 6,265
Hey guys - I'm sorry if this has been talked about already but I took a long hiatus from Roon when my annual subscription ended. Up until then, I was enjoying the 2Go with Roon. After trying some options that were mentioned on here like Audirvana (which I never could get to connect to my 2Go or the iPhone app), I gave up and decided to re-up with Roon, only to find out that I can't re-add the 2Go as an audio device (saying the manufacturer has not yet completed certification). The only way I could get this to work is adding it using Airplay. Any advice?
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/im...uncertified-roon-ready-network-players/120204

Users who are viewing this thread

Back