Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Sep 14, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #4,306 of 6,265
I believe Roon / RAAT has the same pops and cracking problem as their DLNA / UPnP implementation?

So I assume Roon will ensure that this issue is fixed before giving the label “Roon-ready” as one of the things.

But I suppose you can better ask this to support of Chord.

No pops or clicks on my end with RAAT. I don't use the
However, I've had an instance of Roon skipping tracks due to "slowly loading" that required a restart of the 2go.
The most common issue is the 2go not powering on with the Hugo. That's a pretty reliably consistent issue.
Can’t speak for others, but I’ve never had any pops, clicks or crackles using 2Go/Hugo 2 via Roon.

Others modes of playback are a different matter.

Same here with Roon. I don't have pops and clicks either streaming Qobuz using mconnect over DLNA either.

Sep 14, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #4,307 of 6,265
Interesting thought -- I have just gone into Roon on my mac desktop, gone to Audio, and then to the 2Go (which is proudly showing its red Uncertified banner)

Click on Device Info. The status window pops open -- it says it is Version 0.9.0

Has Chord forgotten to update the firmware version that it is reporting to Roon?
Mine is reporting 0.9.1.

D

Sep 14, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #4,308 of 6,265
Can’t speak for others, but I’ve never had any pops, clicks or crackles using 2Go/Hugo 2 via Roon.

Others modes of playback are a different matter.

I can't say I have ever heard a pop, click or crackle using Hugo 2Go. I've tested the following.
  • Roon w/ Qobuz, Tidal and local files up to DSD64 (RAAT)
  • Qobuz and Tidal streaming via MConnect on my iPhone (DLNA)
  • Local files on a micro SD card controlled by Rigelian on my iPhone (MPD)
  • Apple Music on my iPhone (Airplay)

Sep 14, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #4,309 of 6,265
I can't say I have ever heard a pop, click or crackle using Hugo 2Go. I've tested the following.
  • Roon w/ Qobuz, Tidal and local files up to DSD64 (RAAT)
  • Qobuz and Tidal streaming via MConnect on my iPhone (DLNA)
  • Local files on a micro SD card controlled by Rigelian on my iPhone (MPD)
  • Apple Music on my iPhone (Airplay)

Same here..

Sep 14, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #4,310 of 6,265
Same here..
It happened to me frequently, and no matter the source—Roon, SD Card even 2Go Bluetooth (but not H2 BT). My dealer was kind of enough to exchange my 2Go and the new unit had clicks and pops, too.

The fact that some users get pops and clicks and some don't makes me wonder if not all Hugo 2s are the same.

Sep 14, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #4,311 of 6,265
It happened to me frequently, and no matter the source—Roon, SD Card even 2Go Bluetooth (but not H2 BT). My dealer was kind of enough to exchange my 2Go and the new unit had clicks and pops, too.

The fact that some users get pops and clicks and some don't makes me wonder if not all Hugo 2s are the same.

For the avoidance of doubt, I've NEVER EVER heard the vinylpopsandclicks noise on my H2 - with who-knows-how-many hours of listening on it. This is only a 2go issue AFAIK.

Doody

Sep 14, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #4,312 of 6,265

To be clear, I’ve never had any clicks and pops using just the Hugo 2 ... only when 2Go is involved.

And some retesting today hasn’t exhibited any clicks or pops with SD card replay via Rigelian or UPnP/DLNA via mConnect. I must not have retested those since the firmware update ... since >95% of the time I use the 2Go is via Roon.

Sep 14, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #4,313 of 6,265
To be clear, I’ve never had any clicks and pops using just the Hugo 2 ... only when 2Go is involved.
Ah, sorry. No I've never had a pop/click from just the H2 either...only with 2Go.

Sep 15, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #4,314 of 6,265
Other than roon are there any other apps that can be used by either os/android that allow eq?

Sep 16, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #4,315 of 6,265
Other than roon are there any other apps that can be used by either os/android that allow eq?

For iOS, Neutron allows EQ.

Audirvana also allows it.

Sep 17, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #4,316 of 6,265
Wow,

Nobody has moaned about Chord in this thread for over 24 hours.

BA941E0F-21ED-459D-9972-F707BB390C58.gif

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #4,318 of 6,265
Looks like nobody has even posted anything here for 24 hours let alone moaned...

What's happened? Has there been a firmware/app update I don't know about? 😀

Sep 18, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #4,320 of 6,265
Looks like nobody has even posted anything here for 24 hours let alone moaned...

What's happened? Has there been a firmware/app update I don't know about? 😀
Nope! No moaning! My (2nd) h2 and 2go has been returned to HQ for Repairs or review etc since July........,so depends on outcome! I will be crying or laughing 🤦🏼‍♂️ Guess time will tell! Chord had for sure given up on head fi it seems ! End of an era! Guess they now rely on mass production and silent treatmemt, sorry to say that a bespoke item like 2go that attitude and process will not work!! Just not enough qty nor numbers I am afraid.....but what do I know! Just a loser in their mainstream....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back