Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Aug 4, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #3,781 of 6,287
As I understand it, 2Go is only a DLNA server in hot spot mode. Roon is unable to access the mSD card contents, at least the couple of times I've tried it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Some 2.4 wifi can't be connected." Can you supply some further details?? hth
Yes, 2 Go is a DLNA server in hotspot mode or when you are connected to Wifi o ethernet and use a dlna client as rigelian, glider o mconnect (mac). Roon can´t access sd cards.

My experience. There are some 2.4 wifi networks than 2Go can´t connect. Another ones you can connect and Roon can stream to it but neither dlna client can access sd cards. And other ones can connect and both Roon can stream and DLNA clients can reach sd cards. In my experience if you use a Ethernet cable you can connect always, Roon always can stream and DLNA clientes always reach sd cards. So, my guess is 2Go has a really weak implementation of 2.4 Wifi.

Aug 4, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #3,783 of 6,287
Captura de pantalla 2020-08-04 a las 11.22.23.png
Captura de pantalla 2020-08-04 a las 11.22.41.png

Aug 4, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #3,785 of 6,287

there is nothing that i can see which says that the charge status LED light switches off when the 2go is fully charged. it just states that the LED remains lit with a white light when it is plugged. anyways, it is almost on the 6th hour of initial charging; ill wait what happens after 6 hours. thanks for the pics. :wink:

Aug 4, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #3,786 of 6,287
For those having skips during Roon playback, I was able to resolve this issue by identifying the root cause of the problem which is certain areas in my room have lower wifi speed transfer.

I use this mobile app called Wifisweetspots to position it in specific areas that have playback skips and noticed that the wifi transfer speed is significantly lower in those areas. I then added another Linksys velop node near the problem area and the issue is fixed. I now have no more playback skips in Roon even when playing music at DSD 128 format.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #3,787 of 6,287
there is nothing that i can see which says that the charge status LED light switches off when the 2go is fully charged. it just states that the LED remains lit with a white light when it is plugged. anyways, it is almost on the 6th hour of initial charging; ill wait what happens after 6 hours. thanks for the pics. :wink:
You are right sorry. But It happens. When 2Go is full charged, light switch off

Aug 4, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #3,788 of 6,287
...it is almost on the 6th hour of initial charging; ill wait what happens after 6 hours. thanks for the pics. :wink:
Mine took close to 8 hours to complete the first charge.
You are right sorry. But It happens. When 2Go is full charged, light switch off
Yep, mine did ... eventually :)

Aug 4, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #3,789 of 6,287
The saga of the playlists continues...

My use case for the hugo 2go is that I am out about using it as a DAP controlled from my phone.

The phone connects to the 2go in one of three ways - via Bluetooth BLE, and on WiFi with either the 2go as the hotspot or with the phone as the hotspot.

As I have mentioned before neither of the WiFi solutions works for me - in hotspot mode the battery on my phone drains fast, and with the 2go in hotspot mode my phone does not access the Internet properly. Neither of these is acceptable to me.

GoFigure will play playlists over BLE and so connecting my phone via Bluetooth while out and about seemed to be the ideal solution. I went to considerable lengths to create about 200 playlists for every album in my collection that would be acceptable to gofigure.

I then found that the playlists load extremely slowly, and that gofigure does not remain open for long. That means that each time I want to select a new playlist I have to wait for gofigure to reconnect over Bluetooth, and wait even more (over a minute) for the playlists to reload.

I sent a support request to chord asking for a solution to this problem. After they checked that there was enough free space on my sd card (there was ample) the poor support guy Ed Selley relayed the following response from the software devs at chord.

"The app isn’t designed to work in this way to be perfectly honest. It will never just remain open, especially as we received so many complaints in the beginning about it doing so and draining everybody’s battery!

We can of course look at further options in development, however this customers use case is somewhat different to how we intended the unit to be used. It’s a WIFI based device with the addition of BLE playback as a convenience option for those who may be on a plane or the tube etc."

I leave this here for your delectation and I invite your comments.

I will return to this and tell you what I think.

Aug 4, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #3,790 of 6,287
It’s a WIFI based device with the addition of BLE playback as a convenience option for those who may be on a plane or the tube etc."

Sorry that you are still struggling.
That reply from Chord was the rationale behind GoFigure for Poly, so it is hardly surprising that the same rationale applies to 2Go as well.
The original rationale behind GoFigure was always to be just a configuration app.
From memory, the functionality to play playlists, was only added after requests from owners.

Ideally you should be controlling 2Go using a 'proper' music app, on a phone, ipad, apple watch etc.

Probably not the answer that you wanted to read.

Aug 4, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #3,791 of 6,287
From memory, the functionality to play playlists, was only added after requests from owners.

Ideally you should be controlling 2Go using a 'proper' music app, on a phone, ipad, apple watch etc.
Hmm... If the playback via WiFi were ideal, I wonder why users would request the gofigure playlist functionality. Perhaps they ran into the same problems using WiFi out and about - ie either phone battery draining too fast or impaired access to the Internet - as I did? 🤔

Secondly, don't you think that if a functionality is present then it should work properly? The gofigure playlist feature simply does not work properly.

Aug 4, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #3,792 of 6,287
Secondly, don't you think that if a functionality is present then it should work properly? The gofigure playlist feature simply does not work properly.
I don't have the 2Go yet, but the GoFigure playlist feature works fine for me with Poly.
Admittedly I use GoFigure on an iPad and a Samsung tablet, and not a phone.

So I believe that GoFigure does work properly - it is puzzling why you are struggling so much.

Aug 4, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #3,793 of 6,287

‘This statement highlights my main concern and doubts about Chord’s entry into this space. The vision is sound, their ability to implement and deliver a fully baked software solution is questionable. Releasing something without a clear use case and just to appease a customer is a basic product development no-no.

Aug 4, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #3,794 of 6,287
I don't have the 2Go yet, but the GoFigure playlist feature works fine for me with Poly.
Admittedly I use GoFigure on an iPad and a Samsung tablet, and not a phone.

So I believe that GoFigure does work properly - it is puzzling why you are struggling so much.
How many playlists do you have? I have 200. When using the gofigure playlist feature are you connecting via BLE or via a WiFi connection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back