Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jun 23, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #2,716 of 6,287
No issues with my 2Go after the gofigure update. A bit of a radical suggestion:

@Matt Bartlett

Why not let users reassign buttons on the remote control? 2Go users have very little reason to make "input" changes- how about a "next track" button as an option?

Jun 23, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #2,717 of 6,287
Indeed John Franks, the founder & the owner of the company, CEO & CDO (chief design officer) promised this feature more than 3 years ago and everyone would really like an update on this. But he seems interested only in this thread, the one for Poly seems to be forgotten. Also I'm really curious if they will make the same promise for Chord 2Go.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-79#post-13265521

I'm on the Poly thread too and they've since long stopped commenting on Google Cast. I'm very disappointed at Chord for this. It's wrong.

Jun 23, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #2,718 of 6,287
Is anyone using the H2Go as a music server?

I've only been thinking of going into the H2Go not out of it, but I see that one of the features listed for 2Go is: music server.

I thought I'd have to wait for 2Yu to get music out of the unit. This seems like I could connect H2Go by its LAN connection to, e.g., a Rendu and play music from the internal SD Card over network to DAVE. Do I have this right? Is anyone using H2Go this way? Will it handle 768PCM?

@Matt Bartlett

Jun 23, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #2,719 of 6,287
Is anyone using the H2Go as a music server?

I've only been thinking of going into the H2Go not out of it, but I see that one of the features listed for 2Go is: music server.

I thought I'd have to wait for 2Yu to get music out of the unit. This seems like I could connect H2Go by its LAN connection to, e.g., a Rendu and play music from the internal SD Card over network to DAVE. Do I have this right? Is anyone using H2Go this way? Will it handle 768PCM?

@Matt Bartlett

Yup, I also use Hugo2Go as a server as my unit is mostly in desktop mode. It works just fine. Can't comment on PCM unfortunately.

Jun 23, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #2,720 of 6,287
Yup, I also use Hugo2Go as a server as my unit is mostly in desktop mode. It works just fine. Can't comment on PCM unfortunately.

Hi, I've talked with Chord dealers and even the guys at Sound Organization (the new US distributor) and none of them thought this was possible. One of them said that I could do it over wifi but not ethernet.

So I wanted to verify with you if I could.

You have the H2Go connected to your network by ethernet through its LAN port? From there you can access the music files on the 2Go SDCard, using an MPD controller app, and send the music playback out through the wired connection into the network? Then you have a Rendu or network streamer that converts it into a USB signal that feeds another DAC–not Hugo2?

If this works, I'd be happy, and would affect where I go from here in terms of setup.

Jun 23, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #2,721 of 6,287
Hi, I've talked with Chord dealers and even the guys at Sound Organization (the new US distributor) and none of them thought this was possible. One of them said that I could do it over wifi but not ethernet.

You have the H2Go connected to your network by ethernet through its LAN port? From there you can access the music files on the 2Go SDCard, using an MPD controller app, and send the music playback out through the wired connection into the network? Then you have a Rendu or network streamer that converts it into a USB signal that feeds another DAC–not Hugo2?

If this works, I'd be happy, and would affect where I go from here in terms of setup.

Right. I use wifi, rather than ethernet. I can access files of all types using my Cayin N6ii DAP via Wi-Fi and basically play music on it that is stored on the Hugo2Go.

That music is always accessible due to the fact that the Hugo2Go is always on (being in desktop mode); It's a pretty simple use case.

Jun 23, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #2,722 of 6,287
That's a pretty cool use-case too. I was aware that it could function this way if you put it in wifi hotspot mode.

I was asking about a very different use-case. I was wondering if I could turn the the H2Go into a dedicated network music server over ethernet.

Thank you though, because you did bring clarity to this for me. When I saw "music server" as one of 2Go's functions, I was bleary eyed from looking at dedicated network music servers, and I got really hopeful. I'm sure you read it correctly. They mean music server in the way you're using it.

Jun 23, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #2,723 of 6,287
That's a pretty cool use-case too. I was aware that it could function this way if you put it in wifi hotspot mode.

I was asking about a very different use-case. I was wondering if I could turn the the H2Go into a dedicated network music server over ethernet.

Thank you though, because you did bring clarity to this for me. When I saw "music server" as one of 2Go's functions, I was bleary eyed from looking at dedicated network music servers, and I got really hopeful. I'm sure you read it correctly. They mean music server in the way you're using it.

Yeah, I think so. I do have a proper music server, which is an Audiostore Prestige III with a 1TB SSD that I use as my Roon endpoint that is always on.

Jun 24, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #2,724 of 6,287
No issues with my 2Go after the gofigure update. A bit of a radical suggestion:

@Matt Bartlett

Why not let users reassign buttons on the remote control? 2Go users have very little reason to make "input" changes- how about a "next track" button as an option?
Unfortunately we can't do this as the remote control commands are hard coded into the FPGA and can't be changed. Also there is no link between 2Go and the remote control signals in Hugo2 so we couldn't tell 2Go to change track with a remote control - sorry!

Jun 24, 2020 at 5:29 AM Post #2,725 of 6,287

Thanks for highlighting this. I'll talk to the sales team to make sure this information is sent out. 2Go (and Poly) are media servers in the sense that you can send music to any other MPD or DLNA renderer on the network. I regularly use them to send music to my phone, TV or laptop for an alternative low quality listening session. You can use WiFi or ethernet.

I don't have a Rendu but I don't see any reason why you can't use the Rendu software to detect the music stored in 2Go and then play that via the USB output. It is no different to having a second 2Go or Poly on your network and playing music stored in one 2Go to another.

Hope that helps.

Jun 24, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #2,726 of 6,287
Thanks for highlighting this. I'll talk to the sales team to make sure this information is sent out. 2Go (and Poly) are media servers in the sense that you can send music to any other MPD or DLNA renderer on the network. I regularly use them to send music to my phone, TV or laptop for an alternative low quality listening session. You can use WiFi or ethernet.

I don't have a Rendu but I don't see any reason why you can't use the Rendu software to detect the music stored in 2Go and then play that via the USB output. It is no different to having a second 2Go or Poly on your network and playing music stored in one 2Go to another.

Hope that helps.

Matt thanks for this information. This is a wonderful feature, which I don't think is being exploited. Just to clarify you can send the music data through ethernet and play it via the, e.g., Rendu's USB output?

You mentioned this was for "low quality listening sessions." I know you meant that was because you're playing music through a TV or laptop. However, will this use not produce the best quality sound?

What is the max sample rate this can handle?

The guys at Sonore said that for this to work the device needs to be capable of 1000 speed internet.

I'm looking for this to replace a high quality dedicated music server. I thought I was going to have to wait for 2Yu, but this is promising if I can use the LAN connection.

Jun 24, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #2,727 of 6,287
Matt thanks for this information. This is a wonderful feature, which I don't think is being exploited. Just to clarify you can send the music data through ethernet and play it via the, e.g., Rendu's USB output?

You mentioned this was for "low quality listening sessions." I know you meant that was because you're playing music through a TV or laptop. However, will this use not produce the best quality sound?

The guys at Sonore said that for this to work the device needs to be capable of 1000 speed internet.

I'm looking for this to replace a high quality dedicated music server. I thought I was going to have to wait for 2Yu, but this is promising if I can use the LAN connection.
Well clearly I'm going to say you need a 2Yu for the best results! However I can't see why you can't use 2Go to send audio to other devices. I hold my hands up and say I have only tried this on Chord products and on products that support standard or low res streaming so I don't know if it will work with the Sonore products. Theoretically any file that 2Go can play will be supported but this does depend on the renderer capabilities at the other end.
Yes by low quality I mean that I'm not using a 'HiFi' product for listening not that the sound is degraded by the process.
2Go has gigabit ethernet so I guess that is what Sonore are asking when they say 1000 speed internet.
I'm sure as @NYanakiev has confirmed there will be others here as well that use 2Go or Poly in the same way.

Jun 24, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #2,728 of 6,287

Would it not be easier to put your SD card in the Sonore or are you looking for a Tidal/Spotify/Qobuz solution?
Edit - I just saw that the SD slot was for the OS and not data storage.
The 2Yu looks to be an inelegant solution, at best. Using the 2Go the way you suggest will mean that it can remain where it belongs, attached to your Hugo2...

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #2,729 of 6,287
Well clearly I'm going to say you need a 2Yu for the best results! However I can't see why you can't use 2Go to send audio to other devices. I hold my hands up and say I have only tried this on Chord products and on products that support standard or low res streaming so I don't know if it will work with the Sonore products. Theoretically any file that 2Go can play will be supported but this does depend on the renderer capabilities at the other end.
Yes by low quality I mean that I'm not using a 'HiFi' product for listening not that the sound is degraded by the process.
2Go has gigabit ethernet so I guess that is what Sonore are asking when they say 1000 speed internet.
I'm sure as @NYanakiev has confirmed there will be others here as well that use 2Go or Poly in the same way.

There is a lot of fascinating potential here. What I'm thinking of is actually something quite different than the way 2Go is currently being used. This has nothing to do with convenience, but rather achieving the highest sound quality possible for a desktop DAC.

High quality network music servers optimize sound by removing the noisy PC or laptop from the equation. It then further isolates the signal through networking and various techniques such as optical conversion, providing the cleanest possible source for your DAC. The effect on a sound quality is enormous.

However, these servers are quite expensive. If H2Go works in this application with Chord's low noise/high quality, it would have a place among network music servers. It would be another major reason to buy 2Go and provide a free server for anyone who already owns one. For me it multiplies the utility of 2Go.

2Go has gigabit ethernet so it meets one requirement. It seems from what you are saying it can also handle hi-res files along with the Sonore products.

I'm going to pursue this and see if I can't get this to work with a Rendu to feed DAVE. If it does, it will provide another excellent streaming solution alongside 2Yu.

@Matt Bartlett please post if you find out anymore information on this, esp. if there are limitations, or if you find someone who is using it in this way.

@uzi2, unless you know different, the microSD card slot in the Sonore devices are purely for the operating system.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #2,730 of 6,287
There is a lot of fascinating potential here. What I'm thinking of is actually something quite different than the way 2Go is currently being used. This has nothing to do with convenience, but rather achieving the highest sound quality possible for a desktop DAC.

High quality network music servers optimize sound by removing the noisy PC or laptop from the equation. It then further isolates the signal through networking and various techniques such as optical conversion, providing the cleanest possible source for your DAC. The effect on a sound quality is enormous.

However, these servers are quite expensive. If H2Go works in this application with Chord's low noise/high quality, it would have a place among network music servers. It would be another major reason to buy 2Go and provide a free server for anyone who already owns one. For me it multiplies the utility of 2Go.

2Go has gigabit ethernet so it meets one requirement. It seems from what you are saying it can also handle hi-res files along with the Sonore products.

I'm going to pursue this and see if I can't get this to work with a Rendu to feed DAVE. If it does, it will provide another excellent streaming solution alongside 2Yu.

@Matt Bartlett please post if you find out anymore information on this, esp. if there are limitations, or if you find someone who is using it in this way.

@uzi2, unless you know different, the microSD card slot in the Sonore devices are purely for the operating system.

I just tested (I think) what you’re trying to do. I used dCS Mosaic (player software) on my iPad to send music stored on the 2Go’s sd card (2Go on WiFi) to the dCS Upsampler for playback. Worked perfectly. The dCS Mosaic software found the 2Go as a UPnP server and played from it as expected.

EDIT: Also worked using mconnectHD selecting the dCS Upsampler as the renderer (Play To) and the 2Go as the server (Play From).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back