Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Feb 14, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #91 of 6,265
I agree, and preferably as simple as possible. Ethernet input only, USB output only, one button that switches between an internal battery and charge mode.
A simple battery powered endpoint like this could potentially sound very good.
Ethernet isnt always easy for some people - I live in rented accomodation. I suppose i could get round that by using a wireless extender, but maybe since you and me seem to be designing this product you would allow me wifi input (including 5GHz because it is 2020) and I will allow you a switch to disable it.

Feb 14, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #92 of 6,265
what is the retail price of the 2go in the us?.....

Feb 14, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #93 of 6,265
Ethernet isnt always easy for some people - I live in rented accomodation. I suppose i could get round that by using a wireless extender, but maybe since you and me seem to be designing this product you would allow me wifi input (including 5GHz because it is 2020) and I will allow you a switch to disable it.

Ok agreed!

Feb 14, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #94 of 6,265
You can get the same result from HQPlayer. I just sold my mscaler and now use HQPlayer exclusively with a sinc-m (million + taps) filter. To my ears it sounds better than mscaler but you need a computer to run it. Standalone or with Roon it works great and many $k less expensive. IMHO of course.
I fear that what you just said will not be taken lightly by fanboys who swear by the Mscaler above every things else.

I have also been considering the HQPlayer option but: Number one I have yet to hear it in action and: number two, in my case it would involve big costs maybe even bigger overall costs than my current solution which is and oldish mbp running Audirvana and Pure Music /Qutest dac and HMS which would have to be upgraded to a newer costlier one considering the fact that the HQPlayer option will as far as I know, only run on more recent macs than mine.
And is also very much in need of LOTS of computational power from the laptop to even run without stuttering ?
Moreover the latest version of HQPlayer costs almost a much as an MScaler does around 3K USD.
Compared to my current players Audirvana and Pure Music which cost a couple of hundred dollars to buy HQP must be THE most expensive computer music player program on the market apart from possibly some subscription based ones that will keep ticking dollars every year endlessly.
But since I am NOT a Chord fanboy I am open to trying and testing it if an opportunity arises to do so without having to first buy a more modern and judging by the price of the latest mbps VERY expensive laptop.
But if say a new mbp at around 3k€ in combination with my Benchmark headphone amp which also has a dac onboard could deliver similar or as you say in your case even better SQ than an MScaler that sounds interesting to me. And I know that at least one of the classical recording labels I have worked with as a photographer are recommending HQP.
I am not a fanboy of ANY brand but so far the Mscaler tech is the best I have ever heard digital in my home system.
I am not ruling out the possiblity that HQP could be a serious contender SQ wise ,but I doubt it would be much cheaper than the RW Mscaler tech for me.

But it could mean one big box and set of cables less to worry about on my travels than is currently the case.
Cheers CC

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #95 of 6,265
deleted

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #96 of 6,265
For me 2go2yu is a perfect product to use with my Dave.
The size is very little and it is not necessary to place it next the DAC.
How are you going to place it so that there isn’t a mess of cables and you can see and use the controls? Are you ever going to use either of the pieces separately? If not, wouldn’t one box be neater? And also cheaper?

Feb 14, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #97 of 6,265
@Mojo ideas @ChordElectronics @Matt Bartlett thumbs up on the 2Go announcement. Looking forward to seeing the User Manual online. Love the Poly now with SW 2.0. 2YU was an interesting and cool surprise. Will there be a Van Nuys Premium travel case for the H2/2Go combo? Hope so.

Feb 14, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #98 of 6,265
Feb 14, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #99 of 6,265
@Mojo ideas @ChordElectronics @Matt Bartlett thumbs up on the 2Go announcement. Looking forward to seeing the User Manual online. Love the Poly now with SW 2.0. 2YU was an interesting and cool surprise. Will there be a Van Nuys Premium travel case for the H2/2Go combo? Hope so.
I seriously hope they make a sexy case for the CH2GO....or should it be CH22GO....and CH22GO2YU.....I am confused now :wink:?

Feb 14, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #100 of 6,265
I seriously hope they make a sexy case for the CH2GO....or should it be CH22GO....and CH22GO2YU.....I am confused now :wink:?
OR CH2GOYU.....CAN ROB WATTS CLARIFY?

Feb 14, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #101 of 6,265
OR CH2GOYU.....CAN ROB WATTS CLARIFY?
Remember that Rob is an independent digital consultant to Chord, so he cannot speak for Chord on all subjects.
I suspect that cases are a topic best left to @Mojo ideas and @Matt Bartlett .
Also remember that some of these topics may be addressed by posts after the canjam public days on saturday and sunday.

Feb 14, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #102 of 6,265
Remember that Rob is an independent digital consultant to Chord, so he cannot speak for Chord on all subjects.
I suspect that cases are a topic best left to @Mojo ideas and @Matt Bartlett .
Also remember that some of these topics may be addressed by posts after the canjam public days on saturday and sunday.
True, Rob you are off the hook as it's not abt "taps"..., Matt please clarify alphabet combination, I am stumbling all over for the correct abbreviation......:)

Feb 14, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #103 of 6,265
@Christer

Actually just had a rethink about battery power and screens.

Apparently the Chord Poly runs out of power considerably after the Mojo. I suppose that means there is power for a screen. Poly is minute though so a screen would not even make sense on a Poly.

The argument may then be that there would be enough power to run a screen on the 2Go. (Although it's possible that the Poly and 2Go are different.)

In essence though, I can empathise with no screen on the 2Go. Driving it with a smartphone makes more sense than dragging a Hugo 2 and 2Go out in public. Additional as some folk are discussing, if volume control was capable by the 2Go, then that would be great. It would be a pain to have to drag out the Hugo 2 and 2Go, just for changing volume. I would imagine it would be best tucked in a Chord leather case, in a bag, being driven by phone.

I actually want a smartphone, but have always never found my ideal phone. I would like a rugged phone for all practical purposes, but finding the specs I want with that is impossible. Like a replaceable battery, a good camera, USB OTG, and sound playability of high res music. I searched many times over the last couple of years or more, but always end up giving up looking. I never saw what I wanted and searching for the impossible gets tiring.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #104 of 6,265
I fear that what you just said will not be taken lightly by fanboys who swear by the Mscaler above every things else.

I have also been considering the HQPlayer option but: Number one I have yet to hear it in action and: number two, in my case it would involve big costs maybe even bigger overall costs than my current solution which is and oldish mbp running Audirvana and Pure Music /Qutest dac and HMS which would have to be upgraded to a newer costlier one considering the fact that the HQPlayer option will as far as I know, only run on more recent macs than mine.
And is also very much in need of LOTS of computational power from the laptop to even run without stuttering ?
Moreover the latest version of HQPlayer costs almost a much as an MScaler does around 3K USD.
Compared to my current players Audirvana and Pure Music which cost a couple of hundred dollars to buy HQP must be THE most expensive computer music player program on the market apart from possibly some subscription based ones that will keep ticking dollars every year endlessly.
But since I am NOT a Chord fanboy I am open to trying and testing it if an opportunity arises to do so without having to first buy a more modern and judging by the price of the latest mbps VERY expensive laptop.
But if say a new mbp at around 3k€ in combination with my Benchmark headphone amp which also has a dac onboard could deliver similar or as you say in your case even better SQ than an MScaler that sounds interesting to me. And I know that at least one of the classical recording labels I have worked with as a photographer are recommending HQP.
I am not a fanboy of ANY brand but so far the Mscaler tech is the best I have ever heard digital in my home system.
I am not ruling out the possiblity that HQP could be a serious contender SQ wise ,but I doubt it would be much cheaper than the RW Mscaler tech for me.

But it could mean one big box and set of cables less to worry about on my travels than is currently the case.
Cheers CC
I just checked and HQPlayer desktop is $316.00 canadian. It will run on a NUC7i3 under Win 10 ($800.00 can) upscaling to 768k pcm with the sinc-m filter.

The Chord fans are sure to flame me but I am Chord dac user and lover.

Feb 14, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #105 of 6,265
I think I would be more tempted by a static variant. One box, no SD cards, all cables at the back. In something like a Qutest box maybe. £895. Why would anybody who hasn’t got a Hugo2 buy a two box network streamer?

I think a static variant is good idea, with power instead of battery. I imagine they might make one of those, since users of other Chord DACs than Hugo might not want portability. Like many home hifi users would not want a battery in their hifi kit anyway.

I however would like an SD card version without streaming. Whichever way I use my Hugo 2, on the go, or around the house, I want music on it. I see zero point in having streamer, when I would store music on the 2Go.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back