Choosing the right virtual surround
Feb 27, 2014 at 1:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Aotz

New Head-Fier
So I need some help... I have a MSi G45 Gaming mobo which has the ALC 1150 chip with a OPA1652 amp and the Sound Blaster Cinema software. When I play games it really doesn't sound that different when I have it on compared to off. I'm wondering if I should buy a sound card that will have better virtual surround sound? I hear a lot of people say how the Sound Blaster Z with SBX Pro Studio is really good, so is that totally different from the one I have? Also, the headphones I am using are the Phillips X1's and I don't use any kind of DAC or AMP, I just plug straight in to the back of my computer. Thank you for any help, it is greatly appreciated.

Feb 27, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi, realtek says http://www.realtek.com/products/productsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=28&Level=5&Conn=4&ProdID=328 that this chip optionally support "SRS TruSurround HD" check software part at the bottom. This is meant to create virtual surround 2.0 or 3.1 from multichannel source. So if to believe them then it should do the same what SBX surround or DolbyHeadphone does. Try to figure out will this soft work for You.

Also You can check razer virtual surround software.

And i can confirm Creative SBX surround sound fine for my ears in games, though i can compare only to Creative CMSS-3D from my previous board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back