Choosing the appropriate amp for My denon urban raver over ear headphones?
Jun 10, 2013 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jaymanchu

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm new to head fi and am hoping to find help! I bought the $200 urban raver over ear headphones by denon. They are 32ohms 1300mw max input and 108 Db/mw sensetivity. They are advertised as bass performance headphones. The one problem is they done have impressively loud bass. I've been searching for a solution and I think I might have found one. Is a headphone amp what I need? Some people say 32ohm headphones don't need an amp but these headphones can handle up to 1300 mw and I have a feeling my iPhone doesn't out out anything Near that. Any other solutions are highly appreciated! If I do need an amp what should I look for? Thanks for your help.

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
I can't exactly do that I've already bought the headphones. Please help me with an amp! Thx

You do not have to have an add-on headphone amplifier, the iPhone 4 (or iPhone 5) should easily be able to drive the Denon headphones.
But....chances are the Fiio E11 is at least a slight better headphone amplifier then the iPhone's amp.
Also using the Fiio E11 amp might(?) make the iPhone's battery last longer before the iPhone needing recharging.
If you get an external headphone amplifier, make sure you get something like the Fiio L cable, it bypass the iPhone 4's headphone amplifier, providing a slightly cleaner analog audio signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back