Choosing between Beyerdynamic Byron BT or Audio Technica CKR55BT
Jun 15, 2018 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Aetheora

New Head-Fier
With the Shanling M0 out, I am planning on getting one eventually to make better user of the better player capabilities and also to dive into some Bluetooth earbuds, but I can't figure out which one to go for. The two options are in the title.

The Byron BT's have reviewed quite well, have 9.00mm drivers, and have a sound signature that suits me (Not too heavy on the bass, strong mids and highs/treble), and the frequency response is more than enough (10hz-23,000khz). At the same time, the CKR55BT's also have 10.7mm drivers, a similar sound signature, an even better frequency response (5hz-35,000khz, which I probably won't be able to hear anyways), with a small cable attached amp included. I have no idea if an amp for such a small pair of earbuds is even worth while, I don't have any problem playing music as loud as I need to, rarely going to the 75% level on my Shanling M1. It seems like extra needless bulk to me, but maybe I'm wrong.

They are both quite similar, though the Audio Technica earbuds have better specs on paper. Does anyone have any experience with these brands that would sway the decision? Also, cost is a thing. I can get the Byron BT's for around $130 after taxes are said and done. For the Audio Technica's, it's closer to $155-$170 or so, depending on where I buy them from. I could afford the latter with more time, but depending on the answers to the above questions, that can make the difference more than price.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: If nobody has any opinions on these two earbuds in particular, I'd love to hear the opinions between the two brands at least! I've never had any experience with either, though I am aware of Audio Technica's reputation. Apparently Beyerdynamic is a strong player in the headphone market, but this is the first I've heard of them.

Double edit: Just double checked the M0's specs, and the frequency range of the CKR55BT's would be largely useless, as the M0 only has a 20hz-20,000khz range. So the frequency range benefits of the Audio-Technica's aren't really a plus for them now. Maybe the Byron's would be the better option?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back