Choosing between 3 earphones under $100
Aug 6, 2011 at 2:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Randios

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, first post, and I've been doing a day's of research on what earphone to get after my old one's broke. I'm looking for a pair that are under 100 and these are the three I'm choosing between:

NuForce NE-700X: $65  (free shipping)

Beyerdynamic DTX 101: $78 and shipping

Phiaton PS 20: $57 (free shipping)

I'm looking for a bass heavy earphone that leans closer to coloration/fun-sounding than accuracy. I was also considering the Hippo VB and the Fischer Audio Eternas, but I plan on just getting my earphones from amazon.

Besides sound, I'm also taking into account price, isolation, durability, and how comfortable the earphones are. My ears are pretty big and I mostly listen to hip hop music (underground, mainstream, etc.), some electronic, and some rock.

Any advice?

Aug 6, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #3 of 8
I've had the NuForce NE-700X and currently own the Phiaton PS 20. IMHO the Phiaton kills the Nuforce in SQ and in comfort. It's an amazing earphone for the money and you can wear them for hours with no discomfort due to the half in ear design. I can't comment on the Beyer's. 

Welcome to Head-Fi.

Aug 6, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #4 of 8
>I'm looking for a bass heavy earphone that leans closer to coloration/fun-sounding than accuracy.

That's NuForce all right. They're great for the price, but definitely what one would call "Bass-heavy", which I and many others like.

Aug 6, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #5 of 8
Sony EX510( it offers deep, punchy bass, clear mids, highs and wide soundstage), TF10Pro, FX500, Turbine, M2 and EX600 are little over your budget but these are rich, detailed, fun sounding.

Aug 6, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #6 of 8
Thanks guys, I heard the nuforces were a little uncomfortable cause of the casing, and doesn't come with much. However it looks sick and the sound is probably what I'm looking for. Then there's also the pricing with the other 2 being on sale too. Thanks Kimragone.

Aug 7, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #8 of 8
I'm choosing between the NuForce's and Phiaton's now, leaning more towards the Phiatons. How different exactly is their SQs? Some artists I listen to for example are: Eminem, Nas, Wale, Tech N9ne, Nujabes, Wiz Khalifa, and some rock with a little bit of electronic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back