choose monitoring headphone for rap mixing & master between Superlux hd668b,669 & akg k99 & presonus hd7(need advice)
Jun 30, 2016 at 3:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

rosy

New Head-Fier
I need a budget headphone to mix my rap projects about 50$..and i narrowed Options to this..
akg k99..hd7..superlux hd668b&669
but I dont know which one's suitable for my needs.(rap mixing)
please help its about  Months I'm Wanderer.
let me post in equimpment forum headfi.
tnks

Jun 30, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #2 of 10
Samson SR950 (only $30) is a relabel Superlux headphone.
http://www.techbargains.com/deal/428550/samson-sr950-headphones

Jul 5, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #9 of 10
Ok lets be real here for a second. From the ones you mentioned it just doesnt matter which ones you pick. They are all in the same tier.  I wouldnt master with any of these headphones. If you got a quiet environment go with an open can, which would rule out the K 99. The Presonus HD 7 are a rebranded Superlux can, at least the old ones even had the same chassis as the HD 681 line. The Superlux cans that I own and heard all share the same basic tonality. Well I havent heard the ones you mentioned... but Im willing to bet they are not far off from the ones I heard. Go with the ones you feel most comfortable with. Again, for an all around Studio can Id go with the AKG K 240 S. They are dirt cheap these days. From general consensus here on head-fi, well as far as I can tell, the HD 668 B seem to be the most balanced Superlux can. So maybe thats the one you wanna pick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back