ChiUniFi 6 Meet Impressions Thread
Jun 18, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #31 of 52
Quote:
Moar photos. Thanks for the hard work Steve and Billy and big thanks to Jude for making it down. I enjoyed meeting everyone I got a chance to.

I'd have to say the modded HD600s (I think were Mike's. Sorry, can't remember the name) with the Balancing Act and the Stax SR009s through Ray's A10 were best-in-show. Also big love for the Hifiman set-up.

For some reason the HD800s and the Fostex TH900 really fell short for me. I tried both on at least 3 different amps and still was unsatisfied.

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a170/hooked7/ChiUniFi%206/

Its nice to see that the SR009/RSA A-10 combination made such a big impression at this meet.  I've had that combo for nearly 2 months and I really enjoy it.

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #32 of 52
This was my first audio meet and I had a blast! 

Thanks to everybody- I usually get in trouble when I start naming names
biggrin.gif

satisfied my curiosity with LCD-3 and Liquid Fire, Fostex 900.  Really like the ATH- W3000anv. 

Got to listen to Stax 009- Ray's set-up and LCD-3's and now I am messed up , whole new ball game- now I understand the "fuss" about Stax
I actually liked the LCD-3- better with the Dark Star - wonder what Ray will charge  just to ship me the whole rig with the Dark star? 

To borrow my nephew's expression, it was the super-bowl of headphones

Thanks to everybody - from the brains behind headfi, to knowledgeable member who mentor others, to meet organizers and attendees

Got to listen to almost all the phones I have wondered about and the R10 was a bonus. 
Hope to see you all at some point in the future, until then ........

Jun 19, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #33 of 52
Jun 19, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #34 of 52
Big thanks to those that helped organize the event, especially Steve.  It was easy to tell how successful the day was based on all the smiles.

snapple10, I don't know if you were planning on bringing your Violectric setup prior to my selfish "request" but I thank you either way.  I did manage to spend some time with it and enjoyed every minute.  I was also especially grateful to the kind soul who let me walk his HE500 across the room to plug in for a listen on the v200.

I wish I could have spent more time with everything and everyone.  I was pleased to listen to the setups I was hoping to and in awe of some of the big rigs throughout the room.  I was impressed with the entire event.

Jun 19, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #35 of 52
Thanks again to Billy & Steve for putting the meet on. It's one of the highlights of my year. 

I have a favor to ask...
I picked up the Anne Bisson CD at the meet, but since there were very few of them & I had my son's laptop with me, I burned a copy & put it back on the pile for someone else.
I did not realize my son left his import settings for crappy low bit rate mp3's until I got home & transferred the files to my computer.   

Could someone loan me the CD or burn me a a proper copy of it? 
Thanks

Jun 19, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #36 of 52
Todd - no problem. 320 MP3s ok? or would you rather have a different format?

Jun 19, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #37 of 52
The Halie Loren disc is really nice! Amazing sound quality, and she has a great voice! You have to like that kind of jazz to enjoy the music, of course, but fortunately I do. Good stuff!

Jun 19, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #39 of 52
PM sent

Jun 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #40 of 52
Quote:
The Halie Loren disc is really nice! Amazing sound quality, and she has a great voice! You have to like that kind of jazz to enjoy the music, of course, but fortunately I do. Good stuff!

agreed! ive been listening to it in the car for quite a while now. Im kind of surprised but im enjoying it quite a bit. I just need to get it onto the computer.

I also didnt get the Anne Bisson cd...since there were so few copies, and my dvd drive was removed to make room for an aditional HDD in my laptop, so id be down for a FLAC rip of that as well if that ever gets arranged.

Jun 19, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #41 of 52
Loren's cover of the Neil Young composition "Lotta Love" that was originally popularized by Nicollete Larson is especially nice.

Jun 19, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #43 of 52
r-russ08- you are welcome. I was just glad to be able to attend and spent time with people who understand why I need another pair of headphone

Thanks to everybody for your valuable contributions

somes pics I took:

Jun 20, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #44 of 52
Quote:

I thought that Waiting in Vain cover was pretty good.

Jun 20, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #45 of 52
Did anyone listen to Don's orthos? 
bigsmile_face.gif
  The crappy 70's black plastic doesn't stand out at meets with all the lamb skin, paladium, chrome and hip silver paint all around

Users who are viewing this thread

Back