CHIRON Upgrade | The Summit of Mount Pelion
May 25, 2023 at 8:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

CHIRON Upgrade | The Summit of Mount Pelion

1685008480392.png

Who is the Hermit in Mount Pelion?​
CHIRON was created on the 14th of March 2022 with the audiophile market in mind. It uses an ideal blend that showcases Centurion and Horus’s Mix of both Power and Magnificence bringing the Power of a Tiger and the Refined Delicateness of a Rose - for an overall more intense sound signature while capturing intricacies in audio reproduction.

The Hermit Explores Mount Pelion​
3 Months later on 28th June 2022, CHIRON 4W was created. CHIRON 4W gives everyone a sneak peek at what CHIRON has to offer. As a versatile cable, it still has an outstanding performance, bringing faster response speed and achieving the best of both worlds.

1685008480423.png

Rising Phoenix - Blooming Flower - Emerging Wings - Daybreak Nightfall

Roaring bright with life, its flame brings forth new days,
Phoenix takes to the skies, In a majestic blaze.

Blooming tall with sun and shower, The seed births forth a blossoming flower.
Flourished petals spread in vibrant hues, aesthetically pleasing, a wondrous muse.

Encased in a chrysalis, hidden away, A butterfly prepares to make its way,
Waxing and waning in its cocoon of rest. A rebirth that will make it the best.

Dawning in the dark of night, Illuminating with its silver light,
Nurturing a cycle of mystery and wonder, A new sun to reign, tears the dark sky asunder.

<Rebirth•Cycle>
We are proud to present <Rebirth•Cycle>, a new concept that embodies the spirit of transformation and renewal. Inspired by the cycles of nature, <Rebirth•Cycle> represents a new beginning, a rebirth that brings fresh life to everything it touches. It's a celebration of the beauty of change and the power of renewal, reminding us that every ending is also a new beginning. With <Rebirth•Cycle>, we invite you to join us on a journey of discovery, where we explore the wonders of transformation and the cycles of life.

Part I: The Transformation
At Effect Audio, we are thrilled to announce the highly anticipated launch of the upgraded CHIRON cable, a flagship product that has been meticulously reimagined and designed with utmost reverence for the name it carries. Inheriting the legendary legacy of CHIRON, our latest creation stands as a testament to the pursuit of perfection and unwavering commitment to craftsmanship.

This new edition marks a rebirth of the CHIRON cable. Just like a phoenix rising from the ashes or a flower blooming anew, the CHIRON cable has been reborn with new life, ready to take on a new cycle of excellence.

This extraordinary metamorphosis unveils an aesthetic prowess that is nothing short of remarkable. With a custom Y-split design exquisitely constructed from the finest Titanium and Carbon Fiber, the CHIRON stands tall amongst the rest of our accompanying series. Drawing inspiration from the legendary Hermit of Mount Pelion - the CHIRON, this 2023 revised design has been meticulously crafted through multiple revisions to extract its core essence.

The Y-split exudes Raw Strength and Vigor while boasting a distinct octagonal cut sandblasted, and polished surface that splits into three distinct parts: the top headguard, middle face, and the bottom seal. Together, these components harmonize into a resplendent V-shaped Helmet, shielding the core with unwavering strength, and epitomizing the spirit of the CHIRON. This stunning design is sure to turn heads and make a statement.

1685008480456.png

Introducing CHIRON (2023 version)

Summit of Mount Pelion
In our 2023 version of CHIRON, the <Rebirth•Cycle> concept is introduced, one that embodies the spirit of transformation and renewal, representing a new beginning.

CHIRON will feature the same UP-OCC Gold Plated Silver Gold alloy material mixed with the classic material of the Hall of Fame series - UP-OCC Gold Plated Silver material, resulting in a perfect blend of the voice of Power of a Tiger and the Refined Delicateness of a Rose. It will also feature its new hardware, including a Y-split design that resembles a V-shaped Helmet that shields the inner face and captures the essence of the CHIRON.

With its intense signature and unparalleled versatility, the CHIRON takes flight, soaring to new heights, and ascending to the Summit of Mount Pelion.

1685008480496.png

Technical Specifications

Design​
  • EA customized 'C' Titanium Slider​
  • Sandblasted and Polished Titanium Y-splitter with Carbon Fibre​
  • Sandblasted and Polished Titanium Plug Casing with Carbon Fibre​
  • Sandblasted Titanium shelled ConX® EA UltraFlexi™ Insulation, Matte Clear Black​

Cable (Remains the same):​
  • 26AWG​
  • Selected Premium UP-OCC Material​
  • Gold Plated Silver / Gold Plated Silver Gold Alloy Hybrid​
  • Septuplet Core Bundle Litz​
  • Multi-Sized Stranding​
  • EA UltraFlexi™ Insulation​
  • Superior PSquared/P-EA Plug with Titanium Casing​
  • Titanium Shelled ConX ®️ Interchangeable Connector​

MSRP CHIRON 4W: $1999
MSRP CHIRON 8W: $2999

Other Variants of CHIRON Bespoke:
MSRP CHIRON + Caliburn: $3499

1685008480532.png

1685008480566.png

1685008480597.png

CHIRON Leather Case Ashen Grey
Drawing inspiration from the ash-coloured tones often found in the surroundings of Mount Pelion, the CHIRON Leather Case in 2023 combines the uniqueness of the location with a touch of elegance while maintaining CHIRON’s low-key personality. Expertly hand-stitched with a new and carefully selected Ashen Grey coloured nylon thread, durability and style can be achieved perfectly. With an EA classic side-opening structure, CHIRON Leather Case ensures effortless portability for convenience. The large area of Italy Alcantara leather material can effectively cushion the external force such as accidental drops and collision. To enhance both comfort and tactile pleasure, the upper and lower sides feature 'Sully' France Goat Leather, ensuring a remarkably soft and smooth touch.

1685008480635.png

1685008480696.png

1685008480740.png

Part II: The Cycle
As CHIRON undergoes this remarkable rebirth, we discover that reaching the summit is just the beginning of an extraordinary journey. Drawing inspiration from the captivating concepts of omniverses and parallel universes, our aim is to transcend the limits and redefine the possibilities of our cables. With its renowned versatility, the CHIRON serves as the perfect foundation for this audacious endeavor. Through the art of bespoke craftsmanship, we have already witnessed its sonic potential amplified when paired with Horus v.s. Caliburn, one that brings more dynamism and power as opposed to accuracy and energy.

However, our exploration doesn't end there. CHIRON embraces the ever-expanding omniverse, persistently seeking improvement and embarking on a perpetual cycle of evolution. Each integration with a new cable unlocks fresh realms of wisdom, propelling CHIRON towards unimaginable sonic frontiers. Join us on this exhilarating journey as we unlock the boundless potential of CHIRON. The wait isn’t long now.

1685008480771.png

Fading Cataclysm
In the vast expanse where stars ignite and gleam,
A cataclysmic dance unfolds, a cosmic theme.
Celestial bodies collide, their AURA ablaze,
An astronomical NOVA, in the universe's maze.​

Standing on the Summit of Mt. Pelion, CHIRON yearns for more. He looks to the sky and the stars. Keep your eyes peeled for more news on the expanded CHIRON omniverse coming soon in June 2023.

CHIRON Upgrade Launch Promotion
To celebrate the launch of CHIRON with its new aesthetic uplift, customers are welcome to send their CHIRON 8W for a bespoke service with the Horus, Caliburn, Cleopatra II or other 8-wire cables. Customers will get to have a bespoke CHIRON with the new hardware as well as a free* hardware upgrade for the remaining CHIRON 4W! This unlocks an opportunity in the future to upgrade the left over CHIRON 4W to another bespoke option of their choice.
*Promotion starts from now and will end on 30th June 2023.

Bespoke with Cleopatra II for more clarity: $999
Bespoke with Horus for more dynamism and power: $1000
Bespoke with Caliburn for more accuracy and energy: $1500

Contact marketing@effectaudio.com to upgrade your CHIRON cables now!

What’s Next
"Get ready for a whirlwind of joy and merriment this June! Get ready to be swept away into a world bursting with exciting highlights, and non-stop festivities that will make you have a blast!" - Efon

-END-​

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
May 25, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #3 of 28
Is this just a design upgrade for the base Chiron 8w or also technical - and if technical in what way?

I received my Chiron 8w just a week ago 🤦🏻‍♂️.

Same cable as the last one so same sound and it’s only an aesthetic update to line them up with Centurion inspired design. If you have a 2.5mm PSquared or 4.4mm Pentaconn or TermX they might sound very slightly different

Last edited:
May 25, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #4 of 28
If you have a 2.5mm PSquared or 4.4mm Pentaconn or TermX they might sound very slightly different
What do you mean? I have the 4.4mm Pentaconn, is that good or bad in terms of better sound quality? I kind of regretted not taking the TermX version, but then I also wondered if the 4.4mm Pentaconn version wasn't better in terms of sound characteristics after all.

May 25, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #8 of 28
What do you mean? I have the 4.4mm Pentaconn, is that good or bad in terms of better sound quality? I kind of regretted not taking the TermX version, but then I also wondered if the 4.4mm Pentaconn version wasn't better in terms of sound characteristics after all.

Pentaconn is Gold over OFC (the base metal is certified to be oxygen free or 99.9% copper) while Term X is the standard gold over nickel over copper (my guess) and PSquared is Palladium and Platinum over copper. I seriously don’t know which one would be the best but I just know since they’re not exactly the same material in the plug, they will alter the sound in a subtle way. I use the 2.5mm PSquared since I use the SP2000 DAP. Term X is marketed as versatility over performance hence why I guessed that it is the industry standard gold over nickel plating to the copper (not OFC and does or does not meet the 99.9% copper purity)

May 25, 2023 at 10:54 PM Post #9 of 28
Pentaconn is Gold over OFC (the base metal is certified to be oxygen free or 99.9% copper) while Term X is the standard gold over nickel over copper (my guess) and PSquared is Palladium and Platinum over copper. I seriously don’t know which one would be the best but I just know since they’re not exactly the same material in the plug, they will alter the sound in a subtle way. I use the 2.5mm PSquared since I use the SP2000 DAP. Term X is marketed as versatility over performance hence why I guessed that it is the industry standard gold over nickel plating to the copper (not OFC and does or does not meet the 99.9% copper purity)

I have confirmation that Pentacon OFC 4.4mm termination provides a smoother and more intimate mid-range response as compared to the Term-X. I had asked the same question prior to purchasing the CODE23 cables. Not a clue about the PSquared though ...

May 25, 2023 at 11:26 PM Post #10 of 28
I have confirmation that Pentacon OFC 4.4mm termination provides a smoother and more intimate mid-range response as compared to the Term-X. I had asked the same question prior to purchasing the CODE23 cables. Not a clue about the PSquared though ...

Oyaide only makes them in 2.5mm or 3.5mm SE. I haven't a/bed Term X and PSquared directly, but from Marcus Review of EA Lionheart https://headfonics.com/the-lionheart-by-effect-audio/ (the first time PSquared showed up on EA), he mentioned the following:

PSQUARED VS NON-PSQUARED​

Luckily, Effect Audio sent a non-PSquared terminated version of Lionheart because without it I wouldn’t have a clue of the benefits of the pSquared plugs capabilities. Comparing side by side using the Vision Ears VE8 both cables still have a similar tonal bias but the change-up with the PSquared terminated version produces a more dynamic presentation.

The low-end impact and body of the sub-bass are more eye-catching, vocals are more lifelike, and imaging a little more 3-D. The PSquared is a vivid presentation and works particularly well with modern RnB with sparse arrangements and plenty of low-end reverb as well as soulful or breathy vocals.

May 26, 2023 at 1:56 AM Post #11 of 28

Oyaide only makes them in 2.5mm or 3.5mm SE. I haven't a/bed Term X and PSquared directly, but from Marcus Review of EA Lionheart https://headfonics.com/the-lionheart-by-effect-audio/ (the first time PSquared showed up on EA), he mentioned the following:
Ok guys all this is really very exciting. I had not thought that a plug could also make such a difference. But by now nothing should surprise me: every component actually plays a role and provides even minimal changes. And even if I want to be agnostic and think of superstition, it would be perfectly fine with me if it made me more satisfied. If the 4.4mm Pentacon presumably has those properties, that's enough for me to know that I made the right decision after all.

Maybe you can give me your opinion on whether I should send my Chiron for a HW upgrade? If the new Chiron only has one aesthetic change, I would think there would be little point in upgrading it. It would just cost money and time, or am I seeing this wrong?

May 26, 2023 at 3:04 AM Post #12 of 28
Ok guys all this is really very exciting. I had not thought that a plug could also make such a difference. But by now nothing should surprise me: every component actually plays a role and provides even minimal changes. And even if I want to be agnostic and think of superstition, it would be perfectly fine with me if it made me more satisfied. If the 4.4mm Pentacon presumably has those properties, that's enough for me to know that I made the right decision after all.

Maybe you can give me your opinion on whether I should send my Chiron for a HW upgrade? If the new Chiron only has one aesthetic change, I would think there would be little point in upgrading it. It would just cost money and time, or am I seeing this wrong?
You're not seeing it wrong but you have to add that every few months there will be something in your chain that gets an upgrade: New version of your favourite cable, new version of your favourite connector, collectors item version of your DAP with a better sounding golden logo, upgrade of your IEM with a new coating that reduces vibrations, whatever. Question is if you want to invest 10k in mini upgrades of the chain you already have, or leave your chain as-is and keep that 10k for the new chain you like to have in 2 years that provides much much more than a tiny upgrade on details.

Trust me: If there's a real break-through it won't be marketed as an upgrade but it will become an entirely new product that can be marketed as such. Only go for upgrades if you consider your chain to still be with you 3+ years from now and you want that tiny improvement to round it off. But I think you'll be looking for the next baby step next month.

drftr

May 26, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #14 of 28
You're not seeing it wrong but you have to add that every few months there will be something in your chain that gets an upgrade: New version of your favourite cable, new version of your favourite connector, collectors item version of your DAP with a better sounding golden logo, upgrade of your IEM with a new coating that reduces vibrations, whatever. Question is if you want to invest 10k in mini upgrades of the chain you already have, or leave your chain as-is and keep that 10k for the new chain you like to have in 2 years that provides much much more than a tiny upgrade on details.

Trust me: If there's a real break-through it won't be marketed as an upgrade but it will become an entirely new product that can be marketed as such. Only go for upgrades if you consider your chain to still be with you 3+ years from now and you want that tiny improvement to round it off. But I think you'll be looking for the next baby step next month.

drftr
I totally agree with you and your consideration about the upgrade makes sense! But if the only difference is the design and nothing else changes technically, then I'll stick with my Chiron. I will contact Effect Audio and ask.

And no, I'm practically done with my purchases, I've been lucky enough to be able to hear (almost) everything I've wanted, and I've been able to make appropriate decisions. Now the time has come to plan for the long term. Besides, I think that you can also keep such cables much longer than IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back