Chinese translations are comedic gold
Nov 28, 2008 at 5:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

928GTS

500+ Head-Fier
Observe:

* Select fine ultra recommending circuit getting linear most for use , use person who improve export load with name bright 6L6GC make powerful to export newly.
* Grade has enlarged circuit and " long end type " phase inverter for SRPP ago, output transformer adopt Japan produce audio frequency special-purpose silicon steel sheet (Z10 ) and high strength enameled wire and special to is it make craft make to wind.
* Select for use famous without being imported factory the special-purpose to Hifi grade the electrolytic in stereo set and (MKP) make hindering audio frequency electric capacity and the Third Ring Road money not high-quality not special-purpose.
* The main sound channel selects for use and imports the special-purpose volume electric potential device . Set up the function of the earphone especially, may connect and use the earphone to listen to the gallbladder machine.

Nov 28, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #4 of 11
So why don't we pick apart some English to German or English to Chinese and see how we do
tongue.gif

Nov 28, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #5 of 11
My wife is Chinese and can't listen to me speaking her language without roaring in laughter. Considering there are more Chinese speaking English then there are Americans and British citizens speaking Chinese I think we can cut them some slack. I do agree that it's funny sometimes... Living in Singapore I'm constantly confronted with Chingrish.

Nov 28, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #6 of 11
If this is comedic gold, then I wonder what your Chinese to English translation would be...
tongue.gif

Nov 28, 2008 at 8:44 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Singapura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My wife is Chinese and can't listen to me speaking her language without roaring in laughter. Considering there are more Chinese speaking English then there are Americans and British citizens speaking Chinese I think we can cut them some slack. I do agree that it's funny sometimes... Living in Singapore I'm constantly confronted with Chingrish.

By all means I'm not poking fun at Chinese people learning and speaking English. I merely found this to be worth a good laugh.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2008 at 2:22 PM Post #8 of 11
It does provide a good laugh (which I think i'm qualified to say as a chinese [who knows english fluently enough]). Some of the reasons which make them seem funny is because:
1) they're translating the sentences from chinese to english without changing grammar
2) the terms they often choose are either obsolete and not used frequently (ie. not vernacular) or the wrong version is used so to speak such as using honorifics when vernacular terms are more appropiate.
3) the terms were just wrongly translated
tongue.gif

Dec 9, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #10 of 11
Actually I believe the japanese were behind coining what is now an iconic and classic phrase. Unless the chinese make games and export them to the US
icon10.gif

All your base are belong to us
ph34r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back