Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 15, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #14,282 of 33,689
Will you grace us with a name?

TFZ Tequila1

**Edit: Here are the 1st impressions I posted on Facebook;

- Fairly balanced sound with a bit of treble and bass emphasis; mild u-shape. As much as I love the Exclusive Series, this is thankfully not cut from the same cloth. If anything, it sounds like the Brainwavz B400 with more vibrant treble and more bass.
- Suuuuper smooth...wow...this was the first thing that hit me. Seems TFZ has really ironed out their treble on this one. It's still prominent but the edginess of their other models is completely gone
- Mids are really clear and open; not coming across recessed
- Bass is really tight and punchy with a slightly mid-bass tilt.
- Build is amazing. The venting on the open back (and it is definitely open back) really makes it look like a baby planar. Too cool.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #14,283 of 33,689
These are going to be a winner me thinks.

Absolutely amazing looking, however, I have some concerns about long term usage - that mesh on the back is exactly the type that magically collects dust even in hermetic environments... Hopefully it won't have an impact on performance after a year or two. (Is it removable perhaps? If not it is a missed opportunity.)
They look smaller than I thought, judging by 2 pin connector and tips - they are just thick but overall probably on the normal/smaller side of things.

Jan 15, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #14,284 of 33,689
Absolutely amazing looking, however, I have some concerns about long term usage - that mesh on the back is exactly the type that magically collects dust even in hermetic environments... Hopefully it won't have an impact on performance after a year or two. (Is it removable perhaps? If not it is a missed opportunity.)
They look smaller than I thought, judging by 2 pin connector and tips - they are just thick but overall probably on the normal/smaller side of things.

Mesh is not removable. Yeah, they'll probably pick up gunk if you're not careful. Should be easy enough to clean with a toothbrush or something similar though.

They are definitely not as big as they look in pics, thought they not particularly small either. I thought they'd be huge. Here they are beside the Campzenith Knowledgefires for scale;

20180115_210010.jpg 20180115_210043.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #14,285 of 33,689
Those are sweet looking @B9Scrambler which model is that one? Nevermind - just saw it in the next pic Tequila 1

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #14,287 of 33,689
So dual 9mm drivers are they a push/pull arrangement? I would guess so from the shape but I guess other options exist.

Jan 15, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #14,289 of 33,689
So dual 9mm drivers are they a push/pull arrangement? I would guess so from the shape but I guess other options exist.

From the description "Dual-magnetic two-way graphene driver" I'm thinking more like a dual-diaphragm setup like the Dubliz Enhanced. Will need to see about getting clarification on that. Happy to confirm the magnets are pretty strong. In the pics above that was as close to the ZS6 as they could get without pulling together, haha.

Jan 15, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #14,290 of 33,689
Eventually, haha. Stuff shows up faster than I can review it. Still a couple months behind. Might shuffle things around for this one though. It's pretty good.
nice! looks positive so far, just not a fan of the design... looks like a tribute to spiderman.

Jan 15, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #14,292 of 33,689
It's better than the other versions;

TFZ%20TEQUILA%201%20(3)-700x700.JPG

They should've just left these gill lines and completely remove nuclear/web face plate. Also, make the mesh removable, for example by having a screw ring around it to hold onto the IEM. Would've been easy to change, probably cheaper to make in the end while improving usability as well as looks. None really matters if they sound good though.

Jan 16, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #14,293 of 33,689
TFZ Tequila1

- Fairly balanced sound with a bit of treble and bass emphasis; mild u-shape. As much as I love the Exclusive Series, this is thankfully not cut from the same cloth. If anything, it sounds like the Brainwavz B400 with more vibrant treble and more bass.
- Suuuuper smooth...wow...this was the first thing that hit me. Seems TFZ has really ironed out their treble on this one. It's still prominent but the edginess of their other models is completely gone
- Build is amazing. The venting on the open back (and it is definitely open back) really makes it look like a baby planar. Too cool.

How do you compare them to the TFZ King?

Jan 16, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #14,294 of 33,689
These are going to be a winner me thinks.

TFZ Tequila1

Mesh is not removable. Yeah, they'll probably pick up gunk if you're not careful. Should be easy enough to clean with a toothbrush or something similar though.

They are definitely not as big as they look in pics, thought they not particularly small either. I thought they'd be huge. Here they are beside the Campzenith Knowledgefires for scale;

Omg! You shouldn`t have showed this to me! DualDD-graphene driver ? Mids good and only slight U-signature?
You really mess up my plans getting iBasso IT01. I wonder how those two compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back