Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 5, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #14,161 of 33,689
I don't think I can hear much above 14-15hz so might explain why I'm satisfied with them and also not too bothered by the ZS6 treble.

Same here - my hearing only goes out to 13KHz - 14KHz, so the elevated "V-shaped" response from some of my earphones doesn't really bother me.

Jan 5, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #14,164 of 33,689
1515159657757117443814.jpg
Just received the S2000 today, for USD20 you can't really complain. Whether it beats iems in the USD100 range, I doubt but it is a very strong competitor. I do prefer my CH9T over these. Of course bearing in mind I have yet to burn these in.

Oh and the comfort of these beats all the iems i own thus far maybe even the KZ ZS3. The iems are light and fit my ears almost perfectly. It does not feel intrusive at all

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #14,166 of 33,689
Just received the S2000 today, for USD20 you can't really complain. Whether it beats iems in the USD100 range, I doubt but it is a very strong competitor. I do prefer my CH9T over these. Of course bearing in mind I have yet to burn these in.

Oh and the comfort of these beats all the iems i own thus far maybe even the KZ ZS3. The iems are light and fit my ears almost perfectly. It does not feel intrusive at all
agree on all counts--will be posting my review of aproear shortly. i do stress that deep insertion/seal is critical with these--they can sound tinny otherwise--optimally shod they are very likeable and like you said, damn comfortable (they make me reluctant to go back to big clunkers like the kz5). at $19.99, they debunk the myth that we can't compete with budget chifi.

Jan 5, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #14,167 of 33,689
This might seem like a dumb question, but how do you guys have your TinAudio T2s oriented? My original gut feeling was that Red band meant Right channel, but didn't quite feel right and wasn't seating deep enough. I have to use the foam tips to get them to seal properly, but I don't really like to use foams, and prefer silicon tips. I tried it the other way and seems to seat deeper.

FYI Red=Right would be A orientation. B seems to fit me better.

UNxhxDy.jpg

Jan 5, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #14,168 of 33,689
This might seem like a dumb question, but how do you guys have your TinAudio T2s oriented? My original gut feeling was that Red band meant Right channel, but didn't quite feel right and wasn't seating deep enough. I have to use the foam tips to get them to seal properly, but I don't really like to use foams, and prefer silicon tips. I tried it the other way and seems to seat deeper.

UNxhxDy.jpg

For the asymmetrical type of earphones (like the T2):

Red = Right = When you're wearing them with the cable hanging down
Blue = Left = When you're wearing them with the cable hanging down

Red = Left = When you're wearing them with the cable over-the-ear
Blue = Right = When you're wearing them with the cable over-the-ear

Jan 5, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #14,169 of 33,689
For the asymmetrical type of earphones (like the T2):

Red = Right = When you're wearing them with the cable hanging down
Blue = Left = When you're wearing them with the cable hanging down

Red = Left = When you're wearing them with the cable over-the-ear
Blue = Right = When you're wearing them with the cable over-the-ear

That makes sense now. Thanks for that!

Jan 5, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #14,170 of 33,689

UNxhxDy.jpg
It actually suppose to be RED-Right, BLUE-Left according to the color code for general stereo wires. BUT, I found out through the seller and my purchase in China that the company is sporting them BLUE-Right, RED-Left when wearing them straight down and RED-Right, BLUE-Left when you wrap them around your ears, which makes more sense after the sellers explanation.

....Hope this helps. :ok_hand:

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #14,172 of 33,689
i do stress that deep insertion/seal is critical with these--they can sound tinny otherwise--optimally shod they are very likeable and like you said, damn comfortable (they make me reluctant to go back to big clunkers like the kz5). at $19.99, they debunk the myth that we can't compete with budget chifi.

What tips are you using with these? I couldn't get deep insertion with any of the included tips, or any others I have. I had the best luck with wider, flatter tips like medium large sized Spiral Dots and especially the wide, flat tips that came with my Fiio EX1 2nd Gens. They're the largest ones on the right in this picture:
646f7841f1fc9d472740f314d274775d.jpeg

They're actually really difficult to attach to the EX1s because the holes in the stems are so narrow, but they easily and securely fit the S2000s and the even more narrow nozzles of the Brainwavz B100s.

Jan 6, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #14,173 of 33,689
Limiting my IEM listening at the moment due to a long term inner ear issue, but wanted to share my thoughts on the TRN V10.

They are piercingly bright at the highest frequencies (and that's comparing with VE Duke) plus they have a weird uneven presentation with certain device combinations. Very disappointing for the price.

Jan 6, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #14,174 of 33,689
What tips are you using with these? I couldn't get deep insertion with any of the included tips, or any others I have. I had the best luck with wider, flatter tips like medium large sized Spiral Dots and especially the wide, flat tips that came with my Fiio EX1 2nd Gens. They're the largest ones on the right in this picture:
646f7841f1fc9d472740f314d274775d.jpeg

They're actually really difficult to attach to the EX1s because the holes in the stems are so narrow, but they easily and securely fit the S2000s and the even more narrow nozzles of the Brainwavz B100s.
i'm using the largest size spiral dots as well--the included tips are no good. as i've probably stated before, it's imperative to get deep insertion a good seal or these will sound tinny. actually, it's good to get deep insertion in most things in life.

Jan 6, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #14,175 of 33,689
i'm using the largest size spiral dots as well--the included tips are no good. as i've probably stated before, it's imperative to get deep insertion a good seal or these will sound tinny. actually, it's good to get deep insertion in most things in life.
...heard that, LOL.

The Fiio tips are 14mm in diameter like the largest Spiral Dots. They bring out the bass a bit more than the 13mm ML size Spiral Dots I have, but the Spiral Dots may sound a little smoother overall. In any case, the S2000s have more bass- and cleaner bass- than I expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back