Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 27, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #14,026 of 33,689
If the only defense is "well maybe it's the raw version that doesn't take into account any of the stuff that every sensible graph does" then it's a stupid and pointless graph to include.

You've never seen stupid and pointless before?

Dec 27, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #14,028 of 33,689
First impression I've seen of the King Pro running from an M3s...source(https://weibo.com/ttarticle/p/show?id=2309404188609811981487#_)
via Google Translate:

"The King's cavity was plastic, but the panel was metal, but the King PRO was entirely metal, workmanship quite well, but the cavity seemed to be losing more than the previous generation, probably boosting the sound Internal structural transformation? This is unknown.

King PRO an ear relative to King's sound density and quality a lot better, King's lack of sound density, resulting in the overall sound image is thin, and some musical styles sounds easy to feel excited, King's low frequency, many fans also feel some partial Few, the texture is not bad, but the amount of flu slightly less, King PRO at a lot of low-frequency effort, can feel the significant improvement of low-frequency quality, but before the same price of B2M for thousand dollars, King PRO low frequency or appear Conservative a lot, can be said to be more positive. The overall sound style is inherited King's high-resolution high-quality, fine-tuned in the details, in general, worthy of the "PRO" suffix, a comprehensive upgrade.

In addition to say, King PRO official data is 55 ohm, before that will be more difficult to push, did not expect the phone pushed up is also very good, but the sound density and sound field almost mean, but even after the player reached A "push" state, then talk about M3s with TFZ King PRO on the Christmas red CP's voice performance.

Recently I really like listening to Faye Wong's "shadow". The sound of the drum can be heard. King PRO's low-frequency dive is not too deep, it is fast and the volume is medium, so it does not sound too strong. Rebound sound is very clear, the analysis is very good, because these instruments are synthesized left and right channels, of course, there is no musical instrument positioning. High-frequency instrument performance is great, high-frequency extension and density can be regarded as a thousand or so excellent sound.

The voice of the "shadow" itself vocals recorded is not clear, the entire song's mouth are relatively large, so the next change the voice of the mouth a little normal song, Cheng Bi's "to the juvenile s song".

From Cheng Bi's "song for youngsters" can be heard, King PRO's voice is actually slightly partial grainy, and M3s vocals are more gentle, so with the voices feel very subtle, like Is the feeling of touching high-end plush toys, very smooth, but can feel this subtle plush small grainy, clear mouth, but without losing the gentle, ah, it is such a feeling.

This set is also considered a high-quality mix of pop music to control no problem, then try the symphony's performance.

Listen to Mu Te "Carmen Fantasia", the analysis and positioning of a variety of instruments are relatively clear, clear, big dynamic completely full, orgasm also performed well in the momentum, in front of thousand dollars plus thousands of earplugs collocation Listen to the symphony can have such a performance has been very good. However, listening to the symphony is always ear to ear, but this is understandable, after all, cell size and tuning space placed there, no way.

M3s my favorite thing is that it does not inherit the M5 kind of low-frequency a little bit of "paste smell child" into a more cohesive voice, with the King PRO out of the low-frequency precision, strength, speed, The overall sound style is fierce, but not exciting.

The King PRO simple point is that in the generation of balanced partial popular tune on the basis of quality and then enhance the quality of low-frequency, work all-metal cavity, a lot of natural better."

Penon also took some pics and we have accs pic here...
Kingprobb-700x700.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #14,029 of 33,689
looks compelling--dzat makes a nice product. i'm trying to avoid impulse purchases (my new year's resolution) or i'd take one for the team....
It's not new years yet though, ha! Buy away!

Dec 28, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #14,031 of 33,689
Dec 29, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #14,035 of 33,689
Dec 29, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #14,037 of 33,689
Well, I gave the nebula 2 a quick listen. Still have to do tip-rolling and play with it properly, but it's not bad at all. The package is quite satisfying - there is a pretty decent hard case, a bunch of silicone and foam tips, an airplane adapter and a 1/4 inch adapter. The build quality is extremely good, shells seem to be metal; the cable is great - a touch thin, but very smooth, light and pliable without any memory to it (actually, I haven't seen this good of a cable in quite a while). The plug is well relieved. The memory part of the cable is nicely finished and well made, although I'll probably try to remove it as the material seems to be a bit prone to transferring microphonics. The shells themselves are also extremely comfortable and provide a very good fit.

Sound-wise (again, without proper tip-rolling) the nebula 2 is slightly on the warm side of neutral and relatively balanced overall. The bass seems to be lacking some depth and not the tightest but nothing too big of a shortcoming. The mids are fairly coherent with good clarity but strangely not the most detailed. The treble is well extended with good amount of shimmer but lacking some sparkle and a touch thin. Soundstage-wise it is a bit above average, but not the most spacious out there.

I won't pass judgment this early. The nebula 2 has potential and as an overall package it has a lot of pros, especially the build and headset controls fully operational with both ios and android.
Well, for $45 it was a very good buy - at the full $150 MSRP I'm not that sure. It's one of the better hybrids I've heard and definitely better than the overhyped magaosi k3 pro, but in the $100-200 range there is a war raging.

Btw, I also ordered that new Versaudio Azalea, but apparently they still haven't started dispatching them, so I'm not expecting it soon - I'll just treat it as a crowdfunding and wait and see what will happen as it's been close to a month without any update on stock and shipping.

Dec 29, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #14,039 of 33,689
Any toughs about Memt X9?
A not-so-loved-here dude really love them, but as lot of time hes utterly too enthusiast.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...-6d61-4cca-9d57-0bb66d8dfe37&rmStoreLevelAB=5

Anyway, there his view:
MEMT X9 - high quality, impactful bass, no mud. Moderately V-shaped, mids slightly recessed. Precise mids and clear treble. Got used to the sound instantly. Well-built, cable material similar to Xiaomi Hybrid with better Y-split and plug. Housings are very small, shiny, pure metal, heavy, with magnetic adsorption. Some of the best earphones ever made.

I'm curious to try them because X5 supposed harsh treble was a drawback for me....

Dec 29, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #14,040 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back