Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 16, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #13,846 of 33,689
For sure brotha. I do legal work (independent contracting, but still, I'm in courthouses and junk a lot) and I'm not even the most inked or pierced out of us. The world's getting more progressive and it's cool. Only thing is my ears at 1" couldn't fit into headphones, had to drop down to 3/4!

I really wanna hear your K5 impressions. Hybrid setups seem to be the way things are headed but I'm curious what a pure BA arrangement can still do.
Pure BA arrangements can sound incredible. The CA FIBAE 2 is one of my all time favorite IEMs.

Dec 17, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #13,848 of 33,689
Folks, I wanted to let you know that I’m going to be a lot less active with regards to IEMs for the foreseeable future.

I got both ears pierced with Daith piercings last week ago to relieve regular migraine headaches I’ve had since childhood. Besides taking a while to heal up, the piercings severely limit the type of IEMs and earbuds I can wear. Anything “ergonomic” that fills the ear is out, including things like KZ ZS-series for example.

Once everything is healed up, I’ll likely only be able to wear barrel type IEMs (and of course any headphone).

I thought long and hard about the decision, and in the end the trade off of having less or no migraines is well worth not being able to wear a huge % of IEMs.

I’ll still be around plenty, maybe just not participating in IEM threads as much unless it’s an IEM I can wear (ie I can’t evaluate an IEM that I can’t physically fit lol).

Take care, bro. Your ears deserve a well-earned break. Take time to enjoy music out of the ear instead of in ear. :)

Dec 17, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #13,849 of 33,689
OK, so I cheated (what can I say I'm a stubborn man).

Even though I'm not fully healed up, I couldn't take the anticipation and had to try out the E-MI CI800 (C630) hybrids I got from Amazon last week for $9.99 shipped (a steal of a price). Thanks to the HFer who noticed the deal and passed it along, as they went lightning quick!

Besides them fitting fine with my piercing, these are EXCELLENT earphones. I mean EXCELLENT. Crystal clear mids, bright and crisp treble without being harsh or sibilant, and nicely detailed.

If KZ could capture the mids and treble from the E-MI CI800 (C630), and reproduce them in one of their IEMs, they would have a grand slam.

@B9Scrambler, @Vidal, @loomisjohnson and others have been raving about them for a while now, and I completely see why.

@mbwilson111 didn't like them that much, so they're not for everyone. But if you like a signature like the KZ ZS5 v1, 1More Triple, Pioneer CH9T, etc, you'll love these.

Folks, you really ought to pick up a pair of these to try before they are gone forever. They're known by a lot of names ('waterdrop' is the most common name I've seen on Aliexpress). Even at the "normal" price of $18-$20 they are worth every penny, but for under $10 I wish now that I had bought 3 pairs.
Ok, now you made me want trying this, too.:dt880smile:
Found the deal on Amazon but unfortunately it's more than double the price in Germany. In the link below are two different versions with different shell shapes. Which one is the mentioned or are both sonically equal?
https://www.amazon.de/Kopfhörer-Mikrofon-Lautstärkeregler-Isolating-Headset-silver/dp/B06Y52D5WM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1513499545&sr=8-1&keywords=blumuze+headset

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #13,850 of 33,689

Even though I'm not fully healed up, I couldn't take the anticipation and had to try out the E-MI CI800 (C630) hybrids I got from Amazon last week for $9.99 shipped (a steal of a price). Thanks to the HFer who noticed the deal and passed it along, as they went lightning quick!

Besides them fitting fine with my piercing, these are EXCELLENT earphones. I mean EXCELLENT. Crystal clear mids, bright and crisp treble without being harsh or sibilant, and nicely detailed.

If KZ could capture the mids and treble from the E-MI CI800 (C630), and reproduce them in one of their IEMs, they would have a grand slam.

@B9Scrambler, @Vidal, @loomisjohnson and others have been raving about them for a while now, and I completely see why.

@mbwilson111 didn't like them that much, so they're not for everyone. But if you like a signature like the KZ ZS5 v1, 1More Triple, Pioneer CH9T, etc, you'll love these.

Folks, you really ought to pick up a pair of these to try before they are gone forever. They're known by a lot of names ('waterdrop' is the most common name I've seen on Aliexpress). Even at the "normal" price of $18-$20 they are worth every penny, but for under $10 I wish now that I had bought 3 pairs.

I couldn’t find these on Amazon. Under what name were they sold on Amazon?

Dec 17, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #13,851 of 33,689

You are welcome. These are rapidly becoming my favorites. Very light and quick bass, and surprisingly deep and profound when it needs to be. These are great for jazz, classical, pop, etc. When I want a little more weight, my ZS6's and Urbanfun HiFis are always available....

Dec 17, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #13,852 of 33,689
I know you didn't ask me, but the iBasso IT03 has rocketed to the top of my list.
M`kay.... that`s it, enough of this "on-off" wishlist... right after I try out ZSR or TRN V10 with similar shape - I`ll get iBasso IT03 if this type shell fits my ear ;P

Unless... something else with cheaper price and similar SQ comes in way, LOL!

What else You have in Your gear that comes close to IT03 lets say about 90% at least but has cheaper price tag?
I admit my experience with "chi-fi" is limited to the following:

TFZ Series 5
Xiaomi stuff
KZ ZS5v1
KZ ZS6
Mee M6
Mee P1
1More Quad
RE400
ibasso IT03

So I don't have the breadth of knowledge others do, however the IT03 is top of the heap right now to me. What I like is that it emphasizes subbass instead of midbass, which creates a response that's booming and powerful during rap/EDM but then light and nimble when listening to acoustic music. The bleed into the mids is skillfully avoided. I'm a metal/rap guy so my listening habits won't be the same as many others, but they are just so damn energetic while still being fairly even (to my tastes) that I seriously do recommend them.

I`m not into allaboutsubbass... but I like little L-shape or slight warmth in overall SQ.
How do You compare IT03 with ZS5v1 ? v1 is the best cheapo I have atm, that`s why I`m asking.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #13,853 of 33,689
M`kay.... that`s it, enough of this "on-off" wishlist... right after I try out ZSR or TRN V10 with similar shape - I`ll get iBasso IT03 if this type shell fits my ear ;P

Unless... something else with cheaper price and similar SQ comes in way, LOL!

What else You have in Your gear that comes close to IT03 lets say about 90% at least but has cheaper price tag?

I`m not into allaboutsubbass... but I like little L-shape or slight warmth in overall SQ.
How do You compare IT03 with ZS5v1 ? v1 is the best cheapo I have atm, that`s why I`m asking.

My issue with the v1 was it just didn' have enough high-end articulation. The ZS6 with foam tips did severely better to my ears. Of what I've got, that's what I'd called the one that scratches the same itch.

Dec 17, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #13,854 of 33,689
Oooh the new Toneking 5 BA is puuurrrttyy!

HTB1s_SDckfb_uJkSnb4q6xCrXXav.jpg

Dec 17, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #13,855 of 33,689
Good suggestions! Personally I'd trust any of those site A LOT more than Audiobudget.......
+1 Been telling this many times out loud but ppl still fall into that site simplicity and subjective opinions. Not to mention somekind of deals with "audiobudget" code on AE - paid/leaned reviews?
If KZ could capture the mids and treble from the E-MI CI800 (C630), and reproduce them in one of their IEMs, they would have a grand slam
But if you like a signature like the KZ ZS5 v1, 1More Triple, Pioneer CH9T, etc, you'll love these.
Why did You have to do this!?! I don`t want to get any more chi-fi cheapos but I want to try it !
I'm not only waiting on the Magaosi K5 to arrive any day, but also a BK50 (which I've always wanted) AND a BK35! I can't wait to check out some Magaosi goodness :)
I love my BK50`s !
My issue with the v1 was it just didn' have enough high-end articulation. The ZS6 with foam tips did severely better to my ears. Of what I've got, that's what I'd called the one that scratches the same itch.
Well, I`m probably more sensitive to highs (around 6.2-7.5kHz) than you and don`t use foams. Also my v1 sounds great with my modified gear and has no issues with v1 low output impedance requirement. Now, considering mentioned, would You say IT03 is certain SQ leap and worth the price from zs5v1/zs6?
Or should I try IT01 ?

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #13,856 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back