Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 19, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #11,597 of 33,689
So I just got a package that contained a pair of tips that I kinda remember ordering but I can't find an order for them anywhere and I don't remember ordering anything from Singapore? I love a good mystery. Or does this mean that I'm ordering too much stuff?

Sep 19, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #11,600 of 33,689
So I just got a package that contained a pair of tips that I kinda remember ordering but I can't find an order for them anywhere and I don't remember ordering anything from Singapore? I love a good mystery. Or does this mean that I'm ordering too much stuff?

Well I got a padded envelope delivered last week from singapore and it was empty. No idea what was supposed to be in it

Sep 19, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #11,601 of 33,689
Well I got a padded envelope delivered last week from singapore and it was empty. No idea what was supposed to be in it

Maybe it was loose diamonds!

Sep 20, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #11,604 of 33,689
Sep 20, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #11,607 of 33,689
@HiFiChris
Liked your review of PaiAudio MR3. Can you recommend anything else in the same (< $200) price bracket with soundstage, details, clarity and control in mind?

The Rose Technology Mini2 and Brainwavz B200 are models that score really well (the first one is more tuned for tonal balance while the latter has got a somewhat richer and darker tone), also when it comes to soundstage (although they still don't match the MR3 when it comes to 3-dimensionality and expansion). The MR2 would do the trick when it comes to soundstage (it's a bit bassier than the MR3, however without the ~ 5 kHz elevation, while the ~ 8 kHz emphasis is still there), but I'd say its technical abilities are a bit below the Rose's.

If you were about to cross the $200 border, the Eternal Melody EM-2 UIEM (that can be individualised just as much as the CIEM version) would offer some richness that is about similar to the B200's, but more treble than the Brainwavz that is more on the darker side in the highs (the EM-2 sports a 7 kHz elevation). While it doesn't fully have the Pai's soundstage depth, its width is just immense with a very wide spatial basis (I'm not exaggerating if I say that it goes from my far left to my far right shoulder and clearly leaves my head) that exceeds most of what I have heard, especially in this price range.

I think that the most clever decision with a $200 budget limit is to get the Rose and inexpensive but technically very profound Brainwavz B100 (the B100 isn't in the same league as the B200 when it comes to technical abilities, however it is a great single-BA IEM that roughly shares the B200's signature).

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #11,608 of 33,689
When the TFZ IEMs are dropping on MASSDROP, which ones should I get?

I have the My Love II and I DO love it. Now I am waiting for the Exclusive 5 to arrive.

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #11,609 of 33,689
The Rose Technology Mini2 and Brainwavz B200 are models that score really well (the first one is more tuned for tonal balance while the latter has got a somewhat richer and darker tone), also when it comes to soundstage (although they still don't match the MR3 when it comes to 3-dimensionality and expansion). The MR2 would do the trick when it comes to soundstage (it's a bit bassier than the MR3, however without the ~ 5 kHz elevation, while the ~ 8 kHz emphasis is still there), but I'd say its technical abilities are a bit below the Rose's.

If you were about to cross the $200 border, the Eternal Melody EM-2 UIEM (that can be individualised just as much as the CIEM version) would offer some richness that is about similar to the B200's, but more treble than the Brainwavz that is more on the darker side in the highs (the EM-2 sports a 7 kHz elevation). While it doesn't fully have the Pai's soundstage depth, its width is just immense with a very wide spatial basis (I'm not exaggerating if I say that it goes from my far left to my far right shoulder and clearly leaves my head) that exceeds most of what I have heard, especially in this price range.

I think that the most clever decision with a $200 budget limit is to get the Rose and inexpensive but technically very profound Brainwavz B100 (the B100 isn't in the same league as the B200 when it comes to technical abilities, however it is a great single-BA IEM that roughly shares the B200's signature).
Well - thanks very much for detailed reply Chris.

If I grasped correctly your message:

IF budget < $200 THEN
Rose Mini2 OR Brainwavs B200
ELSE
Eternal Melody EM-2;

...which leaves me just with a question: What about MR3? How does MR3 (although "old") measure up with other options? Would you still recommend it among those new competitors?

Thanks again.

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #11,610 of 33,689
Just means you are drinking too much at your computron. Screenshot_2017-09-20-10-37-34.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back