Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 19, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #11,583 of 33,689
So, I've had a few hours with the DZAT DF-10 and guys, this thing is really cool! I bought it after reading a few very positive reviews and it doesn't disappoint.

Not the most easy to get a seal with, but when you do, boom.

I totally agree with you on the DF-10 being a great fun headphone with good bang for the buck. Especially if you like BASS. That being said, there are definite weaknesses in it, so while I wouldn't say it's the best sounding chi-fi I've heard, I definitely think it's worth people talking about. IMHO the ZS5 does almost everything the DF-10 does, but has better clarity and soundstage.

Sep 19, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #11,584 of 33,689
I totally agree with you on the DF-10 being a great fun headphone with good bang for the buck. Especially if you like BASS. That being said, there are definite weaknesses in it, so while I wouldn't say it's the best sounding chi-fi I've heard, I definitely think it's worth people talking about. IMHO the ZS5 does almost everything the DF-10 does, but has better clarity and soundstage.

This is just my fourth chi-fi piece, and relative to the ZST and especially the SI-E6 I find the sound to be very fun and engaging.

I am going to buy the Zs5s though!

And then probably the Zs6s.

I think I'm also gonna eventually buy a pair of the Nobel Sage as well... If nothing else chi-fi has taught me that I can handle IEMs.

And of course it's a blast to try all these new sound signatures! I'm sure I'll be doing this for years to come...

Sep 19, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #11,586 of 33,689
For that price don't you think I should go for the fiio f9?
I've only heard the F1 for about 2 minutes and it was good. Can't comment on the other Fiios. I trust Crabdog and his impressions of the NC50. I think you are overthinking this, there is no best IEM at any price point. Never has and never will be. No IEM is perfect and everybody has a different taste in sound.

Sep 19, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #11,588 of 33,689
there is no best IEM at any price point. Never has and never will be. No IEM is perfect and everybody has a different taste in sound.

...and our ear canals are different. We could listen to the same song with the same IEM and hear it differently. It is so subjective. Your mood and how tired you are will also play a part.

@Fahim Foysal. Just buy a couple of the less expensive ones that you like the look of and that a few people have already recommended. See what you like. You need a starting point...but you don't need to go crazy like some of us and get too many. There is only so much time in the day and you only have two ears. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by all that I have.

I agree with Lurk. I think you are overthinking this.

Sep 19, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #11,589 of 33,689
I've only heard the F1 for about 2 minutes and it was good. Can't comment on the other Fiios. I trust Crabdog and his impressions of the NC50. I think you are overthinking this, there is no best IEM at any price point. Never has and never will be. No IEM is perfect and everybody has a different taste in sound.
Got it man. I will get any one between these two. If only you shipped your used bundle to Bangladesh. Life would have been so much easier.

Sep 19, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #11,590 of 33,689
...and our ear canals are different. We could listen to the same song with the same IEM and hear it differently. It is so subjective. Your mood and how tired you are will also play a part.

@Fahim Foysal. Just buy a couple of the less expensive ones that you like the look of and that a few people have already recommended. See what you like. You need a starting point...but you don't need to go crazy like some of us and get too many. There is only so much time in the day and you only have two ears. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by all that I have.

I agree with Lurk. I think you are overthinking this.
Exactly, you even get into crazy stuff like Zeos who has to use two different sized tips when wearing IEMs lol.

I bought a ton of IEMs over the past 3 years due to ChiFi, some gifted and some gave away, a couple broke. The lot I had left I just sold in a bunch to another member bc I found the couple of IEMs I truly love. My CA Lyra II for high end listening, my Pioneer CH9T for gym use, I have the AKG N40 still but even that's up for sale. If you don't know exactly what you want in a sound sig then multiple cheaper IEMs is the way to go then you start working your way up according to what you like and even companies you like, that's why KZ has a solid following.

Sep 19, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #11,591 of 33,689
If you don't know exactly what you want in a sound sig then multiple cheaper IEMs is the way to go then you start working your way up according to what you like

...and there are those of us who appreciate different sound signatures and adjust easily to them. The reason I have too many, headphones and IEMs, is not because I was looking for something better but more because I get curious about the things people talk about. Just buy a couple of things and then run...far away from headfi! :) :) :)

We are all enablers.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #11,592 of 33,689
...and there are those of us who appreciate different sound signatures and adjust easily to them. The reason I have too many, headphones and IEMs, is not because I was looking for something better but more because I get curious about the things people talk about. Just buy a couple of things and then run...far away from headfi! :) :) :)

We are all enablers.
Yeah no kidding, so far this month I bought the Lyra II, then the Magni 2 Uber & Meze Neo's over this past weekend, Magni 3 released today so I'm returning the M2U and placed my order for the 3 today (more power and $80 cheaper [with taxes & shipping])

Sep 19, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #11,593 of 33,689

We are all enablers.

enabler.gif

Sep 19, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #11,594 of 33,689

We are all enablers.

I belong to your club I think! Thank goodness for awesome sounding cheap earbuds lol

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #11,595 of 33,689

We are all enablers.
young lady, you have a lot of phones...i admire that in a woman. or a man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back