Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 19, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #11,566 of 33,689
Haha the Toneking nine tail didn't help either! Sounds amazing. I'm not sure how people will react to the unusual styling and unconventional fit though.

Chi-fi ftw!

I fear that they may get the same treatment as the excellent sounding (but quite weird looking and fitting) Brainwavz R3.....

Sep 19, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #11,568 of 33,689
Someone please recommend me an iem under 70usd with great neutral and natural signature across all the frequency range with amazing bass rumble that extends deep without drowning the mids, produces subtle details and good sound stage. Detachable cable is a must. Over ear style like shures preferred.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #11,569 of 33,689
Someone please recommend me an iem under 70usd with great neutral and natural signature across all the frequency range with amazing bass rumble that extends deep without drowning the mids, produces subtle details and good sound stage. Detachable cable is a must. Over ear style like shures preferred.

You're ask a lot but you didn't act on it. Music is not a destination but a journey . I'm sure if you just grab any suggestion( for a start ) it's already better than your existing iem .

Sep 19, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #11,570 of 33,689
You're ask a lot but you didn't act on it. Music is not a destination but a journey . I'm sure if you just grab any suggestion( for a start ) it's already better than your existing iem .
Yes, I purchased the xiaomi pro hd a while back. I am not happy with it. The veedix isn't available on aliexpress. The pioneer ch9t is 120 dollars right now since amazon japan doesnt ship where I live, I gotta buy it from ebay. I am somewhat out of options

Sep 19, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #11,572 of 33,689
amps in phones are usually the weak link. see this thread for good sounding phones:

https://head-fi.org/threads/best-smartphone-for-audiophile-part-ii-updated-july-2017.853115/

i've heard some of these, and i have to say a phone like a meizu pro 5 or lg v10 might sound just as good as a fiio x3 mk2. too bad that nowadays there are only a few options to find a good sounding phone. that's why i went for some portable dac/amps instead.
i've always used htc, generally considered the "audiophile" phone, which has a good dac and pretty good output. and it's fine for most of the stuff touted on this thread. however, the more you get into this addiction, you find that some iems (e.g. the kz zs5) need amping to sound good, and you're best served to get a portable amp.

Sep 19, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #11,573 of 33,689
So, I've had a few hours with the DZAT DF-10 and guys, this thing is really cool! I bought it after reading a few very positive reviews and it doesn't disappoint.

Not the most easy to get a seal with, but when you do, boom.

And EASILY the best chi-fi earbud I've heard (total of 4) for EQing, as in how it takes EQ.

Push the EQ a little bit and wow. A REALLY small soundstage, but incredibly immediate and fun as a result.

I'm gonna take a walk with them and see how they deal with a bit of movement.

Sep 19, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #11,574 of 33,689
Sep 19, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #11,575 of 33,689
So, walking... First I took a call using them as I left my house... So the remote works and the audio quality on the other end was apparently as good if not better than the ZSTs.

Anyway, the fit was relatively comfy, but the cable is again only ok. It might break in a bit (already seems to be) and that might make it ok.

But the sound again was great. I mean look there's no point in comparing it to €300 headphones, but as far as these cheap earbuds go they're great. I again prefer the sound to the AKG K92s, and the Sound Intone E6. They all sound better than the normal iPhone headphones.

I need to spend more time with the ZS3s before I say anything, but I think I still prefer them to the ZSTs.

Anyway, this is all very fun.

Can't wait until I get the Shozy BKs. And the upgrade ZSTs cable...

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #11,576 of 33,689
My review of the EARNiNE EN120: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/08/earnine-en120-review.html#more

It's a single-BA in-ear from the TSST (Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology), but instead of using a BA driver from Knowles, Sonion or the other few manufacturers that exist, they developed and manufactured their own BA drivers.

I know this is going back a while, but test the Final tips on these, superb in my opinion, especially for their price!

God there are so many good IEM's around the $100 mark (EN120 are even less), like the Kinera H3 and Simgot EN700 bass.

All have different signatures and different strengths though :D

Sep 19, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #11,577 of 33,689
Sep 19, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #11,578 of 33,689
I know this is going back a while, but test the Final tips on these, superb in my opinion, especially for their price!

God there are so many good IEM's around the $100 mark (EN120 are even less), like the Kinera H3 and Simgot EN700 bass.

All have different signatures and different strengths though :D

Will give them a try later. :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back