Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 30, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #21,721 of 33,689
I have been planning to get one final iem in the $100-200 price range and then quit. Should this IKKO OH1 replace the Kanas Pro on my wish list? A little concerned about the treble peak that you mentioned.

The most expensive iems that I currently own include the Audbos P4, the Toneking NineTail, Hotfi HM9 - 6BA per side, iBasso IT01, NiceHCK D300, Moondrp Nocturne ,TFZ Exclusive 3, Fidue A73

Obviously I do not NEED anything.

Sorry, don't have any of those you've mentioned. So, cannot tell you whether iKKO is better or worse. Close to Kinera Idun Delux... But I would (Kanas Pro) is couple of weeks...

Jan 30, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #21,722 of 33,689
I have been planning to get one final iem in the $100-200 price range and then quit. Should this IKKO OH1 replace the Kanas Pro on my wish list? A little concerned about the treble peak that you mentioned.

The most expensive iems that I currently own include the Audbos P4, the Toneking NineTail, Hotfi HM9 - 6BA per side, iBasso IT01, NiceHCK D300, Moondrp Nocturne ,TFZ Exclusive 3, Fidue A73

Obviously I do not NEED anything.

Magaosi K5 Bass?

Jan 30, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #21,723 of 33,689
I actually am having a hard time imagining anything could sound better than my Audbos P4. The reason I was thinking of the Kanas Pro over the Kanas was because I thought the regular Kanas might have too much bass for me. I want bass to go,low when it is there in the music but I don't want to be bashed in the head with it.

I listen to everything except EDM, Rap and Metal. I like to relax and listen to a few albums in a row. I like those magical moments that can happen when everything is just right...including mood. I do favor singer-songwriters the most...and atmospheric albums.

Yeah, regular kanas wouldn't suit you that case.

Jan 30, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #21,725 of 33,689
The reason I was thinking of the Kanas Pro over the Kanas was because I thought the regular Kanas might have too much bass for me. I want bass to go,low when it is there in the music but I don't want to be bashed in the head with it.

I listen to everything except EDM, Rap and Metal. I like to relax and listen to a few albums in a row. I like those magical moments that can happen when everything is just right...including mood. I do favor singer-songwriters the most...and atmospheric albums.
Regular Kanas is not even bassy; not a skull rattling bass at regular volume, just subtle boost. From my quick a-b with the MH755, Kanas has less overall bass quantity. But yeah, the pro is safer.

Jan 30, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #21,726 of 33,689
Regular Kanas is not even bassy; not a skull rattling bass at regular volume, just subtle boost. From my quick a-b with the MH755, Kanas has less overall bass quantity. But yeah, the pro is safer.

There's tastes, and there's tastes. In my first impressions i said that i also didn't found them to be "bassy", because the mids are tonaly perfect and full, and the upper range are balanced with it.
But i don't think bass is nowhere near neutral, it is greatly improved. See, the IEM is already hard to drive and the mids are defnitely behind the bass, they don't bleed too much and are very controlled also, but you will end up raising the volume even more for acoustic and etc, it will work because as i said the bass is very controlled. But its not the IEM i would recommend for one that don't listen to EDM nor Hip Hop, there are other options for it. With the REGULAR kanas i always have the feeling of wanting more vocals intimacy, if i have a neutral reference in mind, especially because the timbre is very tasty.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #21,727 of 33,689

There's tastes, and there's tastes. In my first impressions i said that i also didn't found them to be "bassy", because the mids are tonaly perfect and full, and the upper range are balanced with it.
But i don't think bass is nowhere near neutral, it is greatly improved. See, the IEM is already hard to drive and the mids are defnitely behind the bass, they don't bleed too much and are very controlled also, but you will end up raising the volume even more for acoustic and etc, it will work because as i said the bass is very controlled. But its not the IEM i would recommend for one that don't listen to EDM nor Hip Hop, there are other options for it. With the REGULAR kanas i always have the feeling of wanting more vocals intimacy, if i have a neutral reference in mind, especially because the timbre is very tasty.

depends on what your bass tolerance level. i for instance like the rumble of the TFZ king/pro, but not for long because it starts to make me feel nauseated physically. the Kanas is elevated in bass to the point it has rumble, but it only hits the subbass and leaves the midbass alone. adding the forward sounding and snappy mids, also the detailed mid treble, it's easy to categorize the Kanas as not bass heavy, while in fact it is.

the MH755 has a slight bleed and elevated midbass, also the mids more recessed than the Kanas, but the Kanas goes down deeper

Jan 30, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #21,728 of 33,689
I actually am having a hard time imagining anything could sound better than my Audbos P4. The reason I was thinking of the Kanas Pro over the Kanas was because I thought the regular Kanas might have too much bass for me. I want bass to go,low when it is there in the music but I don't want to be bashed in the head with it.

in my humble opinion the Kanas Pro would suits you more than the regular Kanas. on the same level of price as the Kanas Pro that i would suggest is the DM6. less intimate mids that the KP, but more "breathing room" for the soundstage while still detailed in vocals

Jan 30, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #21,729 of 33,689
Just in and I think this is a potential winner: the NiceHCK DT600. I love the linear low end.

47coMyNm.jpg
wWteCLom.jpg

Jan 31, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #21,731 of 33,689
Jan 31, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #21,732 of 33,689
Just in and I think this is a potential winner: the NiceHCK DT600. I love the linear low end.

47coMyNm.jpg
wWteCLom.jpg

Have you tested the dt500?
How do they compare?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back