Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 18, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #21,437 of 33,689
In this Sony craze your best bet would be getting a pair from a trusted Xperia owner (mh750) or respectively Sony BT receiver owner (mh755). Ask your family or acquaintances, you'll be surprised.

Ebay or even Amazon purchases are mostly a gamble - I've read Amazon reviews of ppl claiming those are fake.
A better bet would be local classifieds where Jon owner of Xperia is selling his set because he has no use of it. Not bullet proof but better chances to get the genuine stuff imo.

If you're getting a random mh750/mh755 from the web you have a massive chance of getting a fake one.

So for the sake of relevance I would advice to always state provenance first when sharing impressions of this unexpected hot item.

My 2c.

Jan 18, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #21,439 of 33,689
So I think I’ve ordered my las stop on the $125-$200 price range. Ordered the CCA C16 and already have the DM6, Whizzer Kylin, and Moondrop Kanas Pro. So far, Whizzer is my favorite by a fair margin.
CCA C16 look like it could be a good cheap 8BA Chi-Fi if all the BAs are real Knowles. It has two 22955 low frequency BAs like the Moondrop A8. DM6 has one 22955.
*I had to look up the cost of the BAs in the C16 on Mouser. The total cost for the all the BAs is around $100, how are they even selling these thing at around $100?

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #21,440 of 33,689
Hmmm well I either got a fake or else my ears are different because while I thought they sounded “good”, I find them substantially lower in SQ than than the EP10.

They sound pretty neutral to me, very clean / low distortion, but congested and boring and, well, cheap.

i suggested a friend of mine to buy this, and he also didn't like it too much..he also didn't like the ER4XR sound (or the Kanas for that matter). so we conclude that if someone don't like the Harman curve models, chances are they will not like the mh755.

Do a test to make sure you have the right and the left one in the correct ears. Mine is wired differently than I expected. The shorter cable is for the left... on my pair. Too late to compare with Panda's pair because he already has removed his cable. I find if I inadvertently reverse right and left, the music will be congested as the spacial cues are wrong.

all J cabled earphones that is wired correctly will always has the left channel with shorter cable (at least that i know of)

In this Sony craze your best bet would be getting a pair from a trusted Xperia owner (mh750) or respectively Sony BT receiver owner (mh755). Ask your family or acquaintances, you'll be surprised.

Ebay or even Amazon purchases are mostly a gamble - I've read Amazon reviews of ppl claiming those are fake.
A better bet would be local classifieds where Jon owner of Xperia is selling his set because he has no use of it. Not bullet proof but better chances to get the genuine stuff imo.

If you're getting a random mh750/mh755 from the web you have a massive chance of getting a fake one.

So for the sake of relevance I would advice to always state provenance first when sharing impressions of this unexpected hot item.

My 2c.

a current owner of SBH20 contacted me and eventually bought a spare MH755. he compared it to his own MH755, and it sounds the same. all other marks also checks out (different serial numbers, physical built, etc) so we conclude the seller indeed sells original mh755.

i still think it is weird to make fakes of something that is initially cheap and was meant for bundling purposes, and not popularly sought after at that. so my thinking on this would simply be a surplus stock of a really large quantity production to push the price down (just like Batman's mask)

Jan 18, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #21,441 of 33,689
i suggested a friend of mine to buy this, and he also didn't like it too much..he also didn't like the ER4XR sound (or the Kanas for that matter). so we conclude that if someone don't like the Harman curve models, chances are they will not like the mh755.

Perhaps there’s something to that, although the Tin Audio T2 seems to be close to the Harman curve from what I’ve read and I enjoy that substantially more than the MH755. It just sounds a lot less refined and enjoyable to my ears, by far, than the T2.

Jan 18, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #21,442 of 33,689
CCA C16 look like it could be a good cheap 8BA Chi-Fi if all the BAs are real Knowles. It has two 22955 low frequency BAs like the Moondrop A8. DM6 has one 22955.
*I had to look up the cost of the BAs in the C16 on Mouser. The total cost for the all the BAs is around $100, how are they even selling these thing at around $100?

um, no, I don't think any of the BA are Knowles. Its probably Bellsing who make copies of Knowles BA and uses the same part number, that's all. Not even CCA advertise any kind of Knowles BA

Jan 18, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #21,443 of 33,689
Perhaps there’s something to that, although the Tin Audio T2 seems to be close to the Harman curve from what I’ve read and I enjoy that substantially more than the MH755. It just sounds a lot less refined and enjoyable to my ears, by far, than the T2.

i don't consider the T2 to be Harman curved (based on my ears, not really doing scientific measurements or anything)

the T2 is balanced, but have a hyped up treble that makes it engaging and exciting. it is one of iem that i really like the sound signature. the only improvement i could think of about the T2 is for a more smoother treble and farther extension, also better fit.

haven't tried the T2 pro yet though.. because i kinda found my upgrade of the T2 on my Eternal Melody EM2

and comparing the T2 to even the Etymotic, the T2 would sound more enjoyable and engaging.

the mh755 is more similar response to the Etys

Jan 18, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #21,444 of 33,689
I don’t think they are Knowles.

Jan 18, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #21,445 of 33,689
Sorry, I actually like both for their distinctive uniqueness! Both sound signatures are different, so I really choose both!

Too cute to choose just one!
Clear, do you happen to have the relatively old Ostry KC06A? If you do, or at least have heard it, how would you compare its sound with this new 3-driver piezoelectric in-ear you're so enthusiastic about?

Jan 18, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #21,446 of 33,689
I think much ado about the 3-driver piezoelectric in-ear is misplaced. I shall just say its pretty crap sounding to me.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #21,447 of 33,689
Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 3:58 AM Post #21,449 of 33,689
I know you usually listen to much higher end sets, so as somebody who dwells firmly in the budget area, I'm genuinely interested to see what you mean by "crap'.
Its actually not about the price. I think the ZSN is great for the price. This lacks basic cohesion between spectrum to me and that's just not acceptable to me irrespective of the price. However to dispel any prejudices i would be listening to them at length tomorrow to give a more detailed idea.

Jan 19, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #21,450 of 33,689
The stock tips work for me on the IT01, so I didn't change them. I typically only change tips if they won't stay in my ears.
That`s Your biggest mistake about IT01 - it needs very wide bore tips and this is not just my opinion, read IT01 thread, almost everyone are using wide-bore silicones on them to sound best. Tips do change sound and it`s not only about fit/comfort.
And like I said, when nozzle grill is removed (it has nylon mesh under metal grill also), it becomes different detail-beast (no sibilance or harshness). But not everyone dare to do and use it like that. Though, I highly recommend it.

I hope I didn't confuse you, that is not the MH755, that is the **** someone was talking about.
I know. I was talking about ****.
I thought about moving the drivers into a shell that I like better, but I think the cable mode will be fine for me.
Shell mod isn`t so easy. It needs lot of tuning, right chamber design, right venting similar to original, right nozzle design etc. It certainly isn`t just "plug-n-play" mod.
So I think I’ve ordered my las stop on the $125-$200 price range. Ordered the CCA C16 and already have the DM6, Whizzer Kylin, and Moondrop Kanas Pro. So far, Whizzer is my favorite by a fair margin.
Interesting. So far out of those 3, from what I`ve read, Kylin seems to get least positive feedback. Though, all of them should sound great, depending on personal sound signature preferences, gear matchup, music preference, tip used etc.
To me, seems like Kinera Idun Deluxe (also regular), DM6, IT01S, Kanas Pro (also regular) and Whizzer Kylin are all safe bet at 100-200$ price range!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back