Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 14, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #21,287 of 33,689
who was it that was saving for the Kanas the other day? Time to buy my friend.
I got it! Couldn`t pass up such deal ;P Though, I hope I don`t get scammed and it gets here. Also no idea about customs, they may need declaring (I hope not).

Also, who is interested, I`m letting go of my modified IT01 and lot of KZs along with it, with good "coil-pack" deal.

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #21,288 of 33,689
I got it! Couldn`t pass up such deal ;P Though, I hope I don`t get scammed and it gets here. Also no idea about customs, they may need declaring (I hope not).

Also, who is interested, I`m letting go of my modified IT01 and lot of KZs along with it, with good "coil-pack" deal.

Scammed? Why would you think that?

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #21,289 of 33,689
Well... so I reported earlier on the TRN BT20, and it's sound quality (good) and fit with the TRN V80 (very poor) and BQEYEZ BQ3 (very good)... but I actually, besides brief testing, had never actually used them in a real world situation.

I used them this morning for the first time and for 40 minutes of my workout, they were great, and I was very pleased.

Then suddenly, I heard a beep and it turned off or unpaired (can't remember which now, sadly). No amount of powering off and powering back on both earpieces got both of them working, sadly. The right earpiece sometimes would work and had mono (right-side) audio, but the left would repeatedly say "pairing" and then play some sad tones (probably pairing failure) and needless to say, I was quite annoyed since I'm in the middle of sweating on the elliptical machine, lol. I finally gave up and just finished my workout with the earpieces randomly powering on and off and saying "pairing" and making those sad tones.

So... this is the second TRN Bluetooth device I've had that has had quality problems (the TRN BT10 came out of the box with a background squeal before making it through 2 workouts then completely turning into a static-producing, non-working pile of trash), so I've been burned twice and definitely will not be buying any more TRN Bluetooth devices. The TRN V80 itself, however, I love! They just don't know how to make reliable, working Bluetooth devices. :frowning2:

I've opened a dispute on AliExpress but I fully expect to get nothing for it since I didn't upload any evidence because I frankly don't find it worth my time to try to reproduce the problem as they are sitting in my gym bag probably still blinking, in my car, and the garage here at the office is far away. I just want to be able to leave a 1-star review and I can't do that until I "confirm received" (confirming they are GOOD, which they are not) or opening a dispute.

Sorry about your problems friend.

Since both died while working out, my money is on sweat and high humidity killing both cables.

I don’t remember if TRN even lists IPX waterproof ratings on either BT10 or BT20, but I can attest to the longevity of Meizu EP52 for working out. They are extremely waterproof, and I have had no issues with them in 1.5 years of workouts (many during summer cycling rides when I’m drenched in sweat for 6 hours at a time, and I’ve even been caught during a handful of pop up rain showers).

The EP52 sound great to boot. V shaped, but with perfectly acceptable sound (bright and clear treble, etc). The nice thing is they accept standard tips (unlike the EP51 which used proprietary tips). I have triple flange on mine, as using normal tips (Starline etc) would eventually work the IEM loose due to sweat.

Maybe give the EP52 a try?

Jan 14, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #21,290 of 33,689
Just placed an order for Kinera Iduns (normal version). Does anyone know how they compare to DMG or T2?

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #21,291 of 33,689
Jan 14, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #21,292 of 33,689
Jan 14, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #21,293 of 33,689
Standard, just edited it. :p

Really interested in your impressions. I’ll share mine as well about the deluxe version. Probably will come in tomorrow or wednesday.

Jan 14, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #21,294 of 33,689
Sorry about your problems friend.

Since both died while working out, my money is on sweat and high humidity killing both cables.

I don’t remember if TRN even lists IPX waterproof ratings on either BT10 or BT20, but I can attest to the longevity of Meizu EP52 for working out. They are extremely waterproof, and I have had no issues with them in 1.5 years of workouts (many during summer cycling rides when I’m drenched in sweat for 6 hours at a time, and I’ve even been caught during a handful of pop up rain showers).

The EP52 sound great to boot. V shaped, but with perfectly acceptable sound (bright and clear treble, etc). The nice thing is they accept standard tips (unlike the EP51 which used proprietary tips). I have triple flange on mine, as using normal tips (Starline etc) would eventually work the IEM loose due to sweat.

Maybe give the EP52 a try?

I suspect you might be right about the sweat killing the TRN BT10 and TRN BT20, but given that both are advertised explicitly as "sweat proof", that leaves a very sour taste in my mouth for TRN Bluetooth products. I have other Bluetooth products that are not even marketed as sweat proof that lasted longer than either the TRN BT10 and BT20, so for TRN (or the sellers, who knows if it's just the sellers vs TRN itself?) to market these as "sweat proof" is deceptive IMO.

I already have a number of "non-true" wireless setups for working out, so I'm good there, and I really don't find "true wireless" to be useful in an almost any other scenario, indeed, I find the lack of a wire connecting the ear buds to be a con rather than a pro in every other case, so I think I'll just give up on the "true wireless" front in any case. :D They tend to be more problematic in terms of pairing issues (due to there being two independent wireless earpieces connecting to one wireless source) and have shorter battery life, and it's easier to misplace half of the pair -- much harder when they're connected, lol. :smile:

Jan 14, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #21,296 of 33,689
Anyone using the BT20 with the Tin Audio T2? I've switched to an iPhone XR and barely use wired IEMs with it...

I’d be happy to try the T2 when my mmcx BT20 arrive. Stay tuned.

Jan 15, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #21,297 of 33,689
Good afternoon boys.
I was wondering how can i "draw" fr graphs for the IEMs as people says you need a precise setup for it.
How much does it cost to buy the cheapest FR graphs setup?

Jan 15, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #21,298 of 33,689
Good afternoon boys.
I was wondering how can i "draw" fr graphs for the IEMs as people says you need a precise setup for it.
You can check crinacle's setup in this post.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #21,299 of 33,689
Good afternoon boys.

I use a Sound blaster ZxR as source, a Dell workstation with win 10, REW or HolmImpulse software, and a Umik-1 calibrated Mic with a silicone adapter to fit the earphone tip and simulate placement in ear. Total cost is roughly $300 excluding the PC. A couple $100 in the sound card and $80 some in the Mic (delivery included). The software is free (donation ware). HolmImpulse has less learning curve but REW has more features. Mine is not the be all and end all for sure, but for a hobbiest, it is a great way to start out without having $10,000 in a test rig.

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #21,300 of 33,689
Good afternoon boys.
I'm using a Dayton iMM-6 mic with a vinyl tubing coupler and a Ugreen USB audio adapter, which is probably the cheapest setup possible for FR measurements. I'm not sure if I trust it for anything more detailed, like distortion or waterfall plots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back