Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 17, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #18,871 of 33,689
I've asked for the tracking id of the DM6 package, and guess what has been the answer:
"Dear friend,
So sorry for the inconvenience, and we just got the information that the second package has been returned back by unknown reasons, and damaged, the new batch is testing now, it will need about 10-14 days for finish, so would you mind to wait for a new one?
Best regards."
Total lie. "The new batch is testing now", like if they made the iems. ha.
Why don't they tell the truth? They've been selling, even doing discount offers, an item while having no stock; after getting a good quantity of orders, they make the whole order to their distributor, but find out that they have to wait for 10-14 days (or probably longer).
The problem of considering stupids to their customers, is that the customers get offended, and never repeat in that shop. Now we know the reason of the 3% non-positive feedback.

Who is the seller? HotFi?

Oct 17, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #18,872 of 33,689
I've asked for the tracking id of the DM6 package, and guess what has been the answer:
"Dear friend,
So sorry for the inconvenience, and we just got the information that the second package has been returned back by unknown reasons, and damaged, the new batch is testing now, it will need about 10-14 days for finish, so would you mind to wait for a new one?
Best regards."
Why don't they tell the truth? They've been selling, even doing discount offers, an item while having no stock; after getting a good quantity of orders, they make the whole order to their distributor, but find out that they have to wait for 10-14 days (or probably longer).
The problem of considering stupids to their customers, is that the customers get offended, and never repeat in that shop. Now we know the reason of the 3% non-positive feedback.

Yeah that was their modus operandi. They’ve asked for my paypal account for issuing a refund to avoid a dispute on Aliexpress. I couldn’t care less as long as I get my money back.

Oct 17, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #18,873 of 33,689
I have been using the TRN V80 for a few weeks now and really like it. I have fitted Spinfits (medium). Today I dug out my Artiste DC1s and fitted large Spinfits (yellow bore). Finally I have found the correct tips and am getting a really balanced sound, in fact very similar to the V80s. Soundstage and separation are very good and bass is now more in proportion. The upper frequencies are smooth and very extended with the piezo driver. Anyone else really like these DC1s?

Oct 17, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #18,874 of 33,689
Im tempted to buy the Toneking BL1 out of curiosity just because of the driver.
I'll buy one on Penon later, I've been eying the Toneking BL1 and decided to pull the trigger. I live in Hong Kong so it shouldn't take long to arrive (hopefully 3 to 6 days waiting time, the lesser the better). Having listened to RHA CL2 and the iSine 10, I became interested in planar IEMs. If anyone bought one before me, care to share impressions? Also, are there any other planar Chi-fi IEMs?

Oct 17, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #18,875 of 33,689
I'll buy one on Penon later, I've been eying the Toneking BL1 and decided to pull the trigger. I live in Hong Kong so it shouldn't take long to arrive (hopefully 3 to 6 days waiting time, the lesser the better). Having listened to RHA CL2 and the iSine 10, I became interested in planar IEMs. If anyone bought one before me, care to share impressions? Also, are there any other planar Chi-fi IEMs?
Please share your impressions then! I've been super curious about the BL1's because of it being a planar iem, and I believe you're the first person that I know whose ordered them.

Oct 17, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #18,876 of 33,689
Who is the seller? HotFi?
nope. it's Audio&Video Professional Store. read below, we might have discovered another tricky seller.

Yeah that was their modus operandi. They’ve asked for my paypal account for issuing a refund to avoid a dispute on Aliexpress. I couldn’t care less as long as I get my money back.
uh, oh. this is another weird behavior showed by some ali shops. you ought to refuse paypal refunding. if you accept it, you'll loose paypal's big cut, because the seller sends the money like if it was a commercial payment.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #18,877 of 33,689
nope. it's Audio&Video Professional Store. read below, we might have discovered another tricky seller.

uh, oh. this is another weird behavior showed by some ali shops. you ought to refuse paypal refunding. if you accept it, you'll loose paypal's big cut, because the seller sends the money like if it was a commercial payment.

Thanks, I’ll be sure to avoid them in the future.

As far as those PayPal refunds outside of Aliexpress, I learned my lesson the hard way on that recently. Never again.

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #18,878 of 33,689
I have the **** MT100 coming in (Planar driver with one Knowles BA)

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #18,879 of 33,689
I
How was the rha cl2? To me the BL1 has a more reasonable sized driver at 14mm, 10 mm in the cl2 really seems to small to have adequate bass...

I have the isine20 and am having a really hard time not pulling the trigger on the BL1 as it's a true in ear.

I'm wondering if they use the same excuse that audeze used that they couldn't really "tune" the planar driver, making EQ basically a necessity. I don't mind, but I'm just interested to see if the logic audeze used holds up.

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #18,880 of 33,689

Oh thanks for letting me know. I've only used Paypal for payments, so had no idea I would have to incur a commission for transfers. I've informed the seller that I am not ready to bear the commission charges. If he refuses to cover the extra costs involved with Paypal, then I will raise a dispute on Aliexpress. What a bitter experience this has been... ruined all the excitement. :triportsad:

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #18,881 of 33,689
I

How was the rha cl2? To me the BL1 has a more reasonable sized driver at 14mm, 10 mm in the cl2 really seems to small to have adequate bass...

I have the isine20 and am having a really hard time not pulling the trigger on the BL1 as it's a true in ear.

I'm wondering if they use the same excuse that audeze used that they couldn't really "tune" the planar driver, making EQ basically a necessity. I don't mind, but I'm just interested to see if the logic audeze used holds up.
The RHA CL2 has bass, compared to my Westone UMPro50 v2, the CL2s sub bass is deeper. The mids I find a bit boosted around 4khz to 5khz but not that much, although on some music it really sounds annoying, it reminds me of the boost on the Etymotic ER4 series but shifted around 4 to 5khz. The treble is extended and smooth. The CL2s outside noise isolation is impressive since I cannot find any ports visible. It like having a BA IEM style of isolation. Compared the BL1 which has 3 open ports (its funny that it looks like they used knowles filters for the vents). Once I have the BL1 I'll try covering the ports with tape to see if it affects the soundstage and bass significantly.

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #18,882 of 33,689
I have been using the TRN V80 for a few weeks now and really like it. I have fitted Spinfits (medium). Today I dug out my Artiste DC1s and fitted large Spinfits (yellow bore). Finally I have found the correct tips and am getting a really balanced sound, in fact very similar to the V80s. Soundstage and separation are very good and bass is now more in proportion. The upper frequencies are smooth and very extended with the piezo driver. Anyone else really like these DC1s?
In recent times I have tried several chifis, QT2, Hifi Walker A7, several Kz, but this DC1 has me hooked, I think it is a sensational IEM for its price and quality and its ceramic driver, is in a privileged place of my preferences, as one of my best purchases this year (next to DAC Sonata II).

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #18,883 of 33,689
In recent times I have tried several chifis, QT2, Hifi Walker A7, several Kz, but this DC1 has me hooked, I think it is a sensational IEM for its price and quality and its ceramic driver, is in a privileged place of my preferences, as one of my best purchases this year (next to DAC Sonata II).
Yes I agree with that. I have recently bought the QT2 (too much bass) and ZS10 (vague mids). The other piezo IEM I have is the Elecom CB1000, wonderful clarity in mids and treble but needs help in the bass. A bit of EQ makes it sound great. But the DC1 is spot-on run flat. I keep going back to it, it just sounds right.

Oct 17, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #18,884 of 33,689
"Dear friend,
Best regards."

Damn, I went ahead and ordered too as I have been too hyped about them. I have just asked just in case, the track so far states it is being waited to be picked up and the carrier once it gets to Europe is shown "appropriately", though I cannot spot the one in Asia at all. Let's see what they do, but now I even fear I may get the product as a fake.

Oct 17, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #18,885 of 33,689
"Dear friend,
Best regards."
I am done with Aliexpress I only buy from Penon Audio and get stuff in at most 7 days with express shipping for $10 and they shipped my DM6 on this Tuesday and will be here on on this Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back