Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 16, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #17,251 of 33,689
You juste have heart attack for nothing. It's a new colour. It's explicit " Tin audio t2"

Go mcdo you're sure to know why you'll have heart attack:grin:

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #17,252 of 33,689
I am very anxious to read your thoughts on all of your BA iem's. It seems like we have similar tastes, haha. I have been very curious about the mini6, TK2 and all of Hisenior models from 5 above. I also am very much considering picking up the T88k, but am thinking they maybe redundant with me owning the t66s.
Yeah, it seems so our tastes match quite a bit :)
Well, actually all of my current search is to find something equal to the Rose Mini6 - I like their sound / tonality so much.

That is why I am going to sort out the Toneking T4 and T88K again. This is what I figured out yesterday after a comparision session to my Rose Mini4.

This is how I hear the T88K, T4, Mini4, Mini6:

The T88K is in the end a little too big and bold and bassy for my taste although on the other side I like the rounded and refined notes. It of course wins over the Mini4 and T4 in terms of refinement and it is more natural (especially voices and cymbals), too. And it is indeed very musical.

The T4 on the other hand is - like you describe in your reviews - the more reference sounding IEM. I really like the accurate and well hitting bass on it. Sub and mid bass are balanced out very well. But the overall balance and tonality is nice, too. I think it has no really faults. Compared to the T88K it is less refined, little more grainy and a little less natural.

In comparision with the Mini4 the T4 is not so far away. In the bass section is the T4 just a nose length better than the Mini4 - but the difference is very small.
The Mini4 has the more forward mid section which I very like. I do not really know whether the Mini line offers generally a mid centric tonality or if this is just truly balanced within the three sections bass, mids, highs, but I really enjoy the intimate and forward voices right into my face. With the T4 voices are more in distance in comparision but I would rate it still very balanced. The highs with both T4 and Mini4 are just right - not peaky, non fatiguing. Still the T88K is the more refined over the other two also in the highs but a bit leaner in this section. T4 and Mini4 provide plenty of details in all categories still beeing a step behind the T88K. The Mini4 is a small step less grainy overall than the T4.
Stage with the T4 is the more balanced while the Mini4 appears wide but close (intimate).

In conclusion the Mini4 is the closest to the Mini6 which I am aiming at. The Mini6 is still (much) better than the Mini4 in terms of micro details, refinement, end to end extension, is the more natural of both, because it has the slightly darker (bolder) tonality. Oh man - just thinking over how good the Mini6 were - I just miss them the more.
But for now the Mini4 is my preferred IEM while beeing on they way to find a Mini6 replacement.

I am quite curious how the TK2 scales because Hungrypanda stated somewhere that this comes close to the Mini6 which he also likes and owns.

Aug 16, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #17,255 of 33,689
After taking a break from personal audio, I bought a Tin Audio T2, which I really love.
Now, is there an iem in the 150-200 usd mark that has the same sound signature? Could bit a bit warmer, but not brighter. Looking forward to the Shozy Neo too, the 3BA one.
Thanks a lot.

Aug 16, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #17,256 of 33,689
After taking a break from personal audio, I bought a Tin Audio T2, which I really love.
Now, is there an iem in the 150-200 usd mark that has the same sound signature? Could bit a bit warmer, but not brighter. Looking forward to the Shozy Neo too, the 3BA one.
Thanks a lot.

Moondrop Kanas have similar signature

Aug 16, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #17,258 of 33,689
Does anybody know the difference between the BQEYZ KC2 and the BQEYZ K2? Both cost the same, have 2+2 drivers, but look different.
Saw that today. I do hope they have a different sound because physically it looks identical to the K2 but with a slight variation on the faceplates.

Aug 16, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #17,259 of 33,689
Normally NiceHCK will send me a product

Aug 16, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #17,261 of 33,689
I think that the difference is 2 BA drivers (K2) vs 1 dual (KC2). According to the images, the KC2 has only 1 sound outlet.
The difference between the two appears to be cosmetic only.
BQEYZ K2 -1.jpg

BQEYZ KC22.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #17,265 of 33,689
Not banned but he does need to to spell English words better :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back