Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 15, 2018 at 6:55 AM Post #16,578 of 33,689
Looking for a hybrid IEM with a really rich tonality and decent micro-detail with nozzles that are not too short about $120-$160 max, if anyone has anything that they know off that is not v-shaped....L-shaped best ! .....no treble dominace, even recessed treble is fine...I can get fatigued with treble after a while.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #16,579 of 33,689
Looking for a hybrid IEM with a really rich tonality and decent micro-detail with nozzles that are not too short about $120-$160 max, if anyone has anything that they know off that is not v-shaped....L-shaped best ! .....no treble dominace, even recessed treble is fine...I can get fatigued with treble after a while.
Hifi Boy OS V3 :heart_eyes:

Jul 15, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #16,580 of 33,689

If it were me, based on what you’re saying about recessed treble and treble fatigue etc I wouldn’t even be looking for a hybrid. I would be looking at single dynamics, which I think would give you the best shot at getting the signature you’re looking for.

Other option is to use EQ to cut the treble down, which is the ideal use of EQ (ie cut vs boost). Then you’ll be able to tailor the treble to exactly how you want it.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #16,581 of 33,689
If it were me, based on what you’re saying about recessed treble and treble fatigue etc I wouldn’t even be looking for a hybrid. I would be looking at single dynamics, which I think would give you the best shot at getting the signature you’re looking for.

Other option is to use EQ to cut the treble down, which is the ideal use of EQ (ie cut vs boost).
Thanks, I've owned quite a few of the sub-$150 hybrids already and one example being the LZa2 (no longer avail.) was just perfect...trying to get a balance of the micro-detail of BAs with the musical fullness/richness of a dynamic unit.
A better version on LZa2 (with mmcx for my balanced cable) is what I'm hunting...I just felt the LZ stuff progressed away from that sweet initial signature to a more purist/cooler tonailty tuning just as Audeze did with LCD-2 versions from "darker and rich/full" at the start.

Edit : HiFiMAN Supermini has not EQ unfortunately.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #16,582 of 33,689
Finally a review of the Sunorm SE-950:
https://david-hahn.wixsite.com/chi-fiear/Hersteller/SUNORM/SE-950

SUNORM, SE-950.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #16,583 of 33,689
Guys i got a question i need to get a real good pair of foam which is really soft and melt in ear and provide good seal .. Does anyone have experience with such foam tips, .. I have lot of foam tips but i fine it a bit hard in the ears.. ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back