Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 3, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #15,076 of 33,689
I too had issue with fit with the T2. I was being a noob and had them wired reverse for wearing the wires over the ear. Then after correcting properly, it sat better but it still wasn't sitting quite right. I saw someone write about using tennmak turbo tips for them and my god they sit well and fit just right.

Just a thought.
I use the Tennmak (and KZ brand) Whirlwind (aka turbo) on quite a few IEMs. I think its those little silicone fingers that give the unique look that makes the shell just a little bit more rigid which makes them feel more comfortable and secure in my ears and gives me a better seal so a better bass and sub bass response. That and the wide bore nozzle so there's never any blocking of the actual IEM's sound.

Apr 3, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #15,077 of 33,689
I use the Tennmak (and KZ brand) Whirlwind (aka turbo) on quite a few IEMs. I think its those little silicone fingers that give the unique look that makes the shell just a little bit more rigid which makes them feel more comfortable and secure in my ears and gives me a better seal so a better bass and sub bass response. That and the wide bore nozzle so there's never any blocking of the actual IEM's sound.

+1

These tips are awesome. I wish Tennmak had these tips with the stem a tad longer, so far I can't use these tips in few IEMs which have the nozzle longer than average due to this shallow stem.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #15,078 of 33,689

I completely agree. I was feeling them with my fingers the other day to see why they feel snug, and came to the same conclusion. The "turbo impeller" probably does the trick providing rigidity and yet suppleness in between blades. Yes there's definitely an improvement in sq, i'd also say some soundstage.

Pics if you don't know what a turbo impeller is lol
m2BEyUo.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #15,079 of 33,689
I too had issue with fit with the T2. I was being a noob and had them wired reverse for wearing the wires over the ear. Then after correcting properly, it sat better but it still wasn't sitting quite right. I saw someone write about using tennmak turbo tips for them and my god they sit well and fit just right.

Just a thought.
Thanks
I'll give the Tenmarks and KZ Whirlwings a try

does anyone know the weight difference between the Shozy Hibiki and the TIN Audio T1's
I must be my imagination but the TINs feel heavier and more bulky for some reason

Apr 3, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #15,080 of 33,689
+1

These tips are awesome. I wish Tennmak had these tips with the stem a tad longer, so far I can't use these tips in few IEMs which have the nozzle longer than average due to this shallow stem.
I've had this type of issue with other IEMs. My solution… I never use the small size silicone ear tips. My ears are such that its either medium or large. So I have a number of these useless as ear tips at least. I'm sure almost everyone has a similar experience with some size not being used. I turn a small ear tip inside out. This makes it easy to cut off the nozzle sleeve portion from the shell. From experience I've found that cutting the nozzle section into 3 pieces makes spacers that are just long enough to move the Whirlwind style tips away from the body of IEMs with longer nozzles to make them fit well. Perhaps that will work for you too.

Apr 3, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #15,081 of 33,689
A friend sent me to town with the following question: what is currently the best Chinese headphone within a budget of 50 euros/ dollar? I've got the feeling I'm in a loop of Bluedio, Sound Intone and Takstar products I can't get out of.

He likes:
- A good soundstage and details
- ANC is optional, but preferably NOT open-back

Love to hear your thoughts!

Superlux 662 Evo or 681 EV should be on the list of things to try out.

Apr 3, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #15,082 of 33,689
Apr 3, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #15,083 of 33,689
A friend sent me to town with the following question: what is currently the best Chinese headphone within a budget of 50 euros/ dollar? I've got the feeling I'm in a loop of Bluedio, Sound Intone and Takstar products I can't get out of.

He likes:
- A good soundstage and details
- ANC is optional, but preferably NOT open-back

Love to hear your thoughts!

ISK MDH9000 and all of it's clone/variants (Akai Professional Project 50X, LyxPro HAS-30, freeboss MDH9000, Marantz MPH-2).

If he gets the Akai Professional Project 50X ($24.99 from Amazon), he needs to replace the pads, as the stock pads used on the Akai Professional Project 50X are junk compared to all the other ones. He can buy the OEM pads when he orders the Akai Professional Project 50X:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GDB79T4
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6DLLMN

Apr 3, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #15,084 of 33,689
+1

In those cases, the trick is to install a small o-ring on the tip before mounting the eartip. Keyboard o-rings work perfect, and you can buy a bag of them (ie 100 pcs) for like $0.50.

Apr 3, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #15,085 of 33,689
In those cases, the trick is to install a small o-ring on the tip before mounting the eartip. Keyboard o-rings work perfect, and you can buy a bag of them (ie 100 pcs) for like $0.50.

Thank you! That's fixed my problem using IM-50/02. Although that doesn't work with IEMs like LG QB3 which has the lips' design (pic) different and if you insert an o-ring before mounting the tip there's nothing to secure the eartip, kinda like my problem when using KZ ZS3.

I think the solution is creating a new lip with some UV-glue but I don't have one right now. :frowning2:

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #15,086 of 33,689
Thank you! That's fixed my problem using IM-50/02. Although that doesn't work with IEMs like LG QB3 which has the lips' design (pic) different and if you insert an o-ring before mounting the tip there's nothing to secure the eartip, kinda like my problem when using KZ ZS3.

I think the solution is creating a new lip with some UV-glue but I don't have one right now. :frowning2:

Yeah, that is a unique lip design. I could see how most tips wouldn't fit that IEM right.

Good idea on the UV glue. I've created my own lips on IEMs before using that method. Actually, you really dont even need a lip if you use UV glue - you can just put 4 small dots at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock. It's just something for the tip to grip onto.

Aliexpress has some nice UV glue I've been using lately. They have different UV glue formulas, specific to the material. One is for plastic (K-303), one for metal (K-302), etc. They're only a few dollars each.

Kafuter UV Glues.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #15,087 of 33,689
Interested in picking up a cheap pair of IEMs for portable use (and possibly running). Unfortunately don't have time to read through a 1000+ page thread so could anyone give me 1-3 that I should be looking into getting? Budget is <$15.

Apr 3, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #15,088 of 33,689
Interested in picking up a cheap pair of IEMs for portable use (and possibly running). Unfortunately don't have time to read through a 1000+ page thread so could anyone give me 1-3 that I should be looking into getting? Budget is <$15.
- KZ ED9
- VJJB K4S
- Bluedio T2 if you rather have Bluetooth. Ideal for running.

Apr 3, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #15,089 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back