Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 2, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #15,062 of 33,689
Yeah, I just thought it was an inventive idea (from an engineering point of view).

Like you said, $85 will buy you a number of individual IEMs.

What I would have done is sell a "base" system with a single dynamic driver (for like $30). Then for $15-$20 sell the individual modules. A single BA, a dual BA, a DD+BA, graphene, different tunings (v shaped, a neutral one, etc). Let each customer buy what modules they want or need.

But again, you may as well buy a number of individual IEMs.
It's a neat idea. I wouldn't mind paying for this if I can save some space when traveling.

Apr 2, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #15,063 of 33,689
Check out these oddities. They don't include switchable filters, but rather switchable drivers. 1 set has dual drivers, the other a hybrid setup. You twist-lock them in place (also MMCX).

Very interesting idea!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LEO...Earphone-with-Mic-Audiophile/32859850267.html

1 April much? :)

Also, the driver technology has literally nothing to do with the sound, nowadays you can get any sound from any driver you want, the inherent advantages and disadvantages of BA or Dynamics are long gone now, both technologies can get pretty much the same results if properly made / tuned :)

BA used not mean not enough bass or not enoug musical, but I heard a ton of BA's that had more than enough bass and were more than enough musical

Apr 2, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #15,064 of 33,689
That is just not true. An armature still can't reach as low or punch viscerally like a good dynamic one vs. one. You still need to multi-armature up to overcome it so the disadvantage is still there. Saying "long gone" like a single armature matches a good dynamic on the low end trait for trait isn't right. Closed the gap but not there yet.:smile_phones:

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #15,065 of 33,689
That is just not true. An armature still can't reach as low or punch viscerally like a good dynamic one vs. one. You still need to multi-armature up to overcome it so the disadvantage is still there. Saying "long gone" like a single armature matches a good dynamic on the low end trait for trait isn't right. Closed the gap but not there yet.:smile_phones:
Yeah, cannot push same amount of air for that thunderous sub bass. To me, the bass never sounds so natural with BAs. However I have seen some dynamics as good and fast in highs (RE272).

Ortofon has moving armatures. Pretty close to a mix of both.

Apr 2, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #15,066 of 33,689

Try Westome UM1, all the low end punch and visceral impact you will ever need.

I have not seen a single BA do both treble and bass well, but that's another story, I didn't test a lotta them, 1BA drivers, I think that the bass on BA is really there already, from experience with Westone 1 BA IEMs :)

The treble on BAs can also be extremely bright and well expressed with no distortion and very very organic without grain, like say, Dita IEMs which have a BA taking care of their treble, or like UM Martians.

I really think that the technology behind something does not define how it'll sound

even 1-dynamic drivers can sound extremely different,

take

Xelento - Smooth, lots of bass, not a lot of treble,

IE800 - U-shaped, lots of sub-bass, recessed mid-bass, recessed midrange, recessed upper midrange, well expressed upper treble

RE2000 - Visceral Bass, slightly recessed midrange, forward upper midrange, recessed upper treble

Then take BAs only like

Westone WX - Visceral bass, more recessed midrange, very recessed treble

Westone UM1 - the same, visceral sub-bass, recessed mids, very recessed treble

VS-4 from ClearTune - strong mid-bass, detailed midrange, good upper midrange, smoother upper treble

There's literally nothing to do with the technology employed in the signature, BA and DD both can sound either way if they are made to, it is a choice based on ergonomics (DD needs vent to not have driver flex, BA can produce void), isolation (BA generally isolates more than DD), construction shape and how each company wants to make them :)

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #15,067 of 33,689
received my TIN Audio T2 IEMs from china this weekend along with my VE SA Plus amp and Zen Lites (amazing)
the TIN Audio T2 IEMs lived up to heir hype but in comparing them to the Shozy Hibikis the Hibikis although not as great sounding as the T2s win because of their fit.
Somehow the Hibiki's just feel like they were made to be part of your ear were as the T2s although scrunched in with some Comply foam tips still felt like they would fall out if I turned my head too quickly..
The Hibikis had not only a better more secure fit they had better isolation.

So I think we tend to under rate the fit and feel of an ear bud./IEM/Headphone as a significant part of the listening experience. When you are always conscious of what's on your ears versus what's going into them sonically, it takes away from the "experience" of listening as if you were there. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but some of these designs just don't feel like you should be wearing them.

Some of my test feel tracks all Flac converted 24bit
Eric Johnson - 40 Mile Town
Colbie Caillet - Breaking at the Cracks
Everything but the Girl - Driving (Acoustic Version)
Steve Kindler - Kaimana
Perez Perado - peanut vendor song

But I'd pick the Hibiki's and T2s over any of the KZ IEMs I also picked up and listened too these past couple of months as well (ATE/ATR/ZST/ZS3/ZS6/IE9)
Although the KZ Bluetooth adapter is really convenient

Apr 3, 2018 at 12:45 AM Post #15,068 of 33,689
received my TIN Audio T2 IEMs from china this weekend along with my VE SA Plus amp and Zen Lites (amazing)
the TIN Audio T2 IEMs lived up to heir hype but in comparing them to the Shozy Hibikis the Hibikis although not as great sounding as the T2s win because of their fit.
Somehow the Hibiki's just feel like they were made to be part of your ear were as the T2s although scrunched in with some Comply foam tips still felt like they would fall out if I turned my head too quickly..

So I think we tend to under rate the fit and feel of an ear bud./IEM/Headphone as a significant part of the listening experience. When you are always conscious of what's on your ears versus what's going into them sonically, it takes away from the "experience" of listening as if you were there. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but some of these designs just don't feel like you should be wearing them.

Steve Kindler - Kaimana

But I'd pick the Hibiki's and T2s over any of the KZ IEMs I also picked up and listened too these past couple of months as well (ATE/ATR/ZST/ZS3/ZS6/IE9)

Nice~~

Apr 3, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #15,069 of 33,689
When your ZS10 comes in sit down in a quiet house with your sub-$50 ZS10's, sub-$15 Pinot Grigio and a collection of lover'ly tunes; you can reflect on just how good life can be when you get exceptional quality for under $100.

Exceptional wine

Exceptional IEMs

Exceptional music

Have you gotten the Zs10 in hand or is this more wishful thinking than review?

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #15,070 of 33,689
Has anyone heard (of the) BASN BsingerBC100? It sells for around the same price as the BGVP DS1. GearBest and Amazon sell them currently, I can't find anything else than user reviews. Especially on Amazon people seem to feel mislead by early reviews. Just curious.

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #15,072 of 33,689

Steve Kindler - Kaimana

I too had issue with fit with the T2. I was being a noob and had them wired reverse for wearing the wires over the ear. Then after correcting properly, it sat better but it still wasn't sitting quite right. I saw someone write about using tennmak turbo tips for them and my god they sit well and fit just right.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #15,073 of 33,689
I too had issue with fit with the T2. I was being a noob and had them wired reverse for wearing the wires over the ear. Then after correcting properly, it sat better but it still wasn't sitting quite right. I saw someone write about using tennmak turbo tips for them and my god they sit well and fit just right.

Just a thought.
Sony hybrids wroks well too with any iem

Apr 3, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #15,075 of 33,689
A friend sent me to town with the following question: what is currently the best Chinese headphone within a budget of 50 euros/ dollar? I've got the feeling I'm in a loop of Bluedio, Sound Intone and Takstar products I can't get out of.

He likes:
- A good soundstage and details
- ANC is optional, but preferably NOT open-back

Love to hear your thoughts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back