Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Nov 1, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #6,332 of 7,153
Hi, Im looking for some chifi over ear headphones under 200$ closed back or semi open. So far I got the Blon B8 and the 1more triple driver on my radar. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Takstar Pro 82 v2 and its bassy variant, the Takstar GM200/Shade, only from TakstarAudio or Takstar Official on AliExpress.

Takstar HF-580 is an open back, but it doesn't have an enormous soundstage if you're opting for closed/semi-open for presentation purposes rather than isolation. That should be $150, and you can tune them better with foam rings inside the enclosure and a nice set of pads (either sheepskin leather or Sendy Aiva v2 pads).

There's a thread each for both sets of Takstar products on this forum.

But with your budget? AKG K371, which should be around €110 right now. It's dethroned your M50X.

Nov 1, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #6,333 of 7,153
The HF580 has an issue in that it has fixed cables, so you can't run them balanced and if the cable breaks, the unit is ruined. Which is the reason they came off my most-wanted list.

Nov 1, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #6,334 of 7,153
Takstar Pro 82 v2 and its bassy variant, the Takstar GM200/Shade, only from TakstarAudio or Takstar Official on AliExpress.

Takstar HF-580 is an open back, but it doesn't have an enormous soundstage if you're opting for closed/semi-open for presentation purposes rather than isolation. That should be $150, and you can tune them better with foam rings inside the enclosure and a nice set of pads (either sheepskin leather or Sendy Aiva v2 pads).

There's a thread each for both sets of Takstar products on this forum.

But with your budget? AKG K371, which should be around €110 right now. It's dethroned your M50X.
Thank you, I just searched for the Takstar pro 82 and they look good, idk if they could be an improvement over my M50x. The HF 580 are not the kind of headphones Im looking for, because I already have two planars which I think they might be superior (Hifiman deva& Verum One). So I think Im gonna look for the Akg's k371.
Really appreciate the advice.

Nov 1, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #6,335 of 7,153
For wired over ear headphones, I like the ISK MDH9000 and its many clones.

+1 to that...I've owned 4 pairs of the clones; gifted 3 of the 4 to friends/family & kept 1. I now have way better headphones on hand, but whenever I fire up that Marantz MPH-2, I'm shocked at how nice that sound is (for $50!).

Nov 2, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #6,336 of 7,153
I'd checked the Takstar official site, they have a dealership in Bangladesh, but not in India (No wonder their GDP is higher than India's!). And the other few places where they do ship to India i'm paying postal & tax charges equivalent to the price of the headphone or even more in some cases. On shopify i'm a little unsure about the shipment reaching here on time, so i'm hesitant to take the risk.

After going through under 50 usd options for open-back/semi open back headphones. I'd convinced myself to up my budget to 8k inr (100usd) and settle for the sennheiser HD599 se which were on sale for that price from its original tag price of 18k inr (240usd). I'd considered the philips shp9500 as a first option. It sells for 18k inr on amazon and out of stock on flipkart @ 11k rs. Reading from reviews and looking at the frequency response curves i felt the 599's will be a good gaming and music headphone, since its strong point is imaging and the open back soundstage, also overall it has a warm sound profile for music.
TakstarMall ships to India for 20$:
https://takstarmall.com/collections...oring-playing-games-music-appreciation-pro-82

Not as cheap as AliExpress, but much cheaper than Amazon.

Nov 4, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #6,338 of 7,153
Nov 4, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #6,339 of 7,153
Does anyone have any information on these headphones? First of all, they are gorgeous, but I'm more worried about the sound overall, obviously

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4001295335478.html?spm=a2g0n.shopcart-amp.item.4001295335478&
There's been a couple of initial impressions, but waiting for more reviews and comparisons. Last I checked, it was thought of favourably against a Fidelio X2HR.

I've tried tagging a couple of people for info recently, but no response as yet.

Nov 4, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #6,340 of 7,153
Nov 4, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #6,341 of 7,153
Does anyone have any information on these headphones? First of all, they are gorgeous, but I'm more worried about the sound overall, obviously

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4001295335478.html?spm=a2g0n.shopcart-amp.item.4001295335478&
@Slater should be able to help you out, I think he ordered them not so long ago. If I remember correctly, he liked them - but you will have to check with him

He is a great guy, so I am sure he will help :wink:

Good headphones for the price. They are fully metal build, which is worth the cost alone. You also get a decent braided cable, 2 sets of pads, and a dust bag.

All in all, well worth $50.

Upper mids have a bump to them, but nothing harsh or shouty. I only mention it because some people seem to really get bothered by upper midrange peaks.

I do plan on upgrading the stock drivers, as I honestly just bought the Openhearts as donor shells. The stock drivers are budget drivers, but you can’t expect TOTL for $50. I mean, I’ve seen other sellers selling just the identical SHELL for $70! So to get a complete headphone with generous accessory kit is freaking awesome :)

Nov 4, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #6,342 of 7,153
@Slater should be able to help you out, I think he ordered them not so long ago. If I remember correctly, he liked them - but you will have to check with him

He is a great guy, so I am sure he will help :wink:

I remember some back 'n' forth about the screens, which are pretty snazzy (this was months ago--can't remember exactly when).

Nov 4, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #6,343 of 7,153
I remember some back 'n' forth about the screens, which are pretty snazzy (this was months ago--can't remember exactly when).

The screens are a little too snazzy for my tastes. So I was planning on replacing it or painting it or something.

Nov 5, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #6,344 of 7,153
I was searching for leather pads for my DT770 to impriove the bass and isolation but this Takstar GM200 for the price of a premium earpads can compete with high-end Fostex headphone? It sounds too good to be true, I know that all audiophile headphone are vastly overpriced but still...

I bought a cheap chinese headphone with wood and beryllium drivers, the sound was good for the price but far from a studio headphone.

Nov 5, 2020 at 10:14 PM Post #6,345 of 7,153
The screens are a little too snazzy for my tastes. So I was planning on replacing it or painting it or something.

Actually, the screens are the only design element I really like about those headphones.

Honestly, headphones like this just don't move me--I'm way more into large & impressively built/scaled headphones than these small ones (ie, Fidelio X2s; ZMF Aeolus/Eikon/Ori). Can't explain it...too busy living it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back