Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jan 19, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #5,898 of 7,153
Really going for a BT headphone without LDAC or Apt-X?
That would be my first box to tick tbh.
My BT transmitter doesn't support LDAC.
It only supports SBC & aptX.
And I'm open to specific recommendations of headphones.
So far I have received one in this thread, and it doesn't fit my requirements, so that's more like none.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #5,899 of 7,153
I ordered the TaoTronics TT-BH060.

I also ordered this Bluetooth Transmitter:
https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Enjoyment/dp/B07MMSWY5B
I received these items today.
I think I'm going to return both.

The headphones have many problems.
The maximum volume is not high enough.
The overall sound quality isn't that great.
When the media volume is low, it sounds downright awful.
There isn't enough bass.
And I'm not sure if I can remove the ear pads.

I just ordered these headphones...
Avantree Audition Pro:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A0EAYDI

And this Bluetooth transmitter...
Avantree Priva III:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5KKUR0

The Avantree Priva III Bluetooth transmitter is really good for one or two pairs of Avantree Audition Pro headphones, in case I want to get another pair.
Eventually, we'll see if I'm happy with these upgrades.

Jan 23, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #5,900 of 7,153
I'm on the search again...
Looking for wireless (bluetooth) closed over-ear headphones.
I'm a basshead, so the more bass, the better.
It'd be nice if the headphones accept Brainwavz earpads.
Also, I have an extra large head.
Any suggestions?

After last week's research into wireless headsets I ordered Oneodio A10 on AE, but Oneodio Official Store is not shipping until after the CNY holiday, so I expect to get them after mid-Feb. I will share when they arrive though.

In an earlier post I mentioned that all BT headsets seem to have frequent drops. I'm hoping for a more consistent BT connection this time. You have the same issues with BT headphones?

Jan 23, 2020 at 8:42 PM Post #5,901 of 7,153
Just searched the entire thread but cannot see any recent recommendation for an ANC chifi headphones. I had the Sony which had great ANC but sold them because I did not like the sound signature. I got the Fiio EH3NC which I like the sound signature, but its ANC is absolutely rubbish (bad noise-canceling and worse sound when noise-cancelling is on). Looking at the high end market, I cannot find any ANC headphones that convince me. Am flying to the US week after next so need to get something so thought I'll get a cheaper temp solution until the 2020 models hit the market. Any recommendations?

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...-ear-headphones.822184/page-390#post-15409997

4 ANC headphones in this discussion when I last replied. He finally purchased Tribit.

Jan 23, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #5,902 of 7,153
In an earlier post I mentioned that all BT headsets seem to have frequent drops. I'm hoping for a more consistent BT connection this time. You have the same issues with BT headphones?
The BT headphones that I received didn't have frequent drops, but I didn't use them very long, and they had a number of other problems.
I put them back in their box so that they're ready for return.

Jan 24, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #5,904 of 7,153
Jan 24, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #5,905 of 7,153
In an earlier post I mentioned that all BT headsets seem to have frequent drops.
Does this happen at certain distance from the device/transmitter, or even when your headphones are right next to it?

I've tried 4 different BT headphones and IEMs in recent months and haven't noticed frequent drops with any of them at close range. Obviously, BT is not meant to work over distances longer than a few meters.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #5,906 of 7,153
Does this happen at certain distance from the device/transmitter, or even when your headphones are right next to it?

I've tried 4 different BT headphones and IEMs in recent months and haven't noticed frequent drops with any of them at close range. Obviously, BT is not meant to work over distances longer than a few meters.
Commuting. Phone in pocket. Cannot keep the phone in my back pocket at all. In the front pocket I still get drops. My main purpose in buying wireless was to improve commuting convenience, but that doesn't work so well if I must keep my phone in my hand.

Jan 24, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #5,907 of 7,153
Commuting. Phone in pocket. Cannot keep the phone in my back pocket at all. In the front pocket I still get drops. My main purpose in buying wireless was to improve commuting convenience, but that doesn't work so well if I must keep my phone in my hand.
Are you able to try a different phone just to see if it's your phone that's causing these issues?

Jan 25, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #5,908 of 7,153
I went ahead and picked up the okcsc zx1, unfortunately there where only a 1 dollar discount for new year but I was already gonna get them anyway. Hopefully swedish customs doesn't reck me...
I will try to post a comprehensive review when I get them

Jan 25, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #5,909 of 7,153
Just searched the entire thread but cannot see any recent recommendation for an ANC chifi headphones. I had the Sony which had great ANC but sold them because I did not like the sound signature. I got the Fiio EH3NC which I like the sound signature, but its ANC is absolutely rubbish (bad noise-canceling and worse sound when noise-cancelling is on). Looking at the high end market, I cannot find any ANC headphones that convince me. Am flying to the US week after next so need to get something so thought I'll get a cheaper temp solution until the 2020 models hit the market. Any recommendations?

Don't the Sony TWS have an app that lets you EQ them?

Jan 28, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #5,910 of 7,153
I just ordered these headphones...
Avantree Audition Pro:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A0EAYDI

And this Bluetooth transmitter...
Avantree Priva III:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5KKUR0

The Avantree Priva III Bluetooth transmitter is really good for one or two pairs of Avantree Audition Pro headphones, in case I want to get another pair.
Eventually, we'll see if I'm happy with these upgrades.
I received these items yesterday, and opened them today.
The Avantree headphones have none of the problems that the TaoTronics headphones have.
I absolutely love them.
The Avantree has plenty of bass with "bass boost" off.
With "bass boost" on, it probably has too much bass for many people, but it doesn't bother me so far.
It sounds just fine.
The stock ear pads seem to be very comfortable, though they are a little bit on my ears.
I have some Brainwavz sheepskin ovals that I'll put on if I feel the need, but so far the stock ear pads are good enough for me.
If I wouldn't have liked these headphones, I was going to give up on Bluetooth.
I would also have to return four items to Amazon instead of just two.
I was not looking forward to that.
I really am surprised at how much I like the Avantree headphones.
I thought they would have some of the same problems as the TaoTronics pair.
The Avantree headphones aren't for everyone (no headphones are), but they check all the boxes for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back