Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Feb 19, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #5,296 of 7,153
I just promptly listened CAL and Studio Pros back to back and i have to admit that they werent as bad as i remembered but there is still enough difference that makes CAL better sounding overall. Oneodios are darker, hollower sounding in the mids, bass is more in-your-face + heavier (CAL retains better control to my ears), less airy, less separation/imaging (soundstage seems to be little wider) and maybe more grainy. In a nutshell Oneodio focuses more to the bass and leaves everything else slightly behind while CAL is more balanced. Not night and day difference and depending on ones preferences Oneodio might be even better sounding than CAL. I just dont like hollow mids or too dominating bass response.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #5,297 of 7,153
I dont feel Oneodios same way as some others, theyre definitely not bad for the price and are "quite ok" on their own but nothing really jumps out of me when im listening to them. They sound little muddy and kind of dull. Only slightly more expensive CAL is clearly superior sounding to me. Thats the reason why im little skeptical about my incoming MDH9K because people often compare those to Oneodio Studio Pros/Yenonas.

I haven’t tried their wired-only models but comparing the wireless variant, it was quite good for the price I paid (which was $19), which blew anything in the price range for a wireless set. It sounded substantially, significantly better than the Cleer DU Wireless which I paid $80 for used.

Feb 19, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #5,298 of 7,153
I'll soon be able to compare them side by side. The CAL will be delivered today and I just ordered the MDH9000... :)

Also, is there someone here that would like to put the Bosshifi B8 into this comparison? I have it, and while it technically is brighter and more detailed than the OneAudio's, I like the profile of the Studio Wireless better.
I have an ISK MDH9000 clone and a Bosshifi B8.
The ISK is way more comfortable and has a lot more bass.

Feb 19, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #5,299 of 7,153
Truth time.

F0E73A79-6D31-48E7-B446-1C9B09438BDC.jpeg

Feb 19, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #5,300 of 7,153
Note that the OneAudio headphones I have are the new Bluetooth Fusion A7 which have 40mm drivers vs the 50mm drivers found on their wired Pro series, no doubt changing the tuning. I find the Fusion warmly balanced with forward mids and not bass dominate. The ear pads on the Pro 30 and Pro 50 look deeper, placing the drivers further away from ear, no doubt affecting tuning as well. Have not heard them but the Fusion sound surprisingly balanced with minimal mid bass bloat. The pads on the Fusion are oval vs circular on the wired phones.

Feb 19, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #5,301 of 7,153
On a iPhone X, after an hour and a half of testing:

Creative Arvana Live ('CAL') vs OneAudio A2/ DJ Studio Pro Wireless: Both headphones are on the dark side of neutral. Highs roll of on them, meaning they're absolutely nowhere near piercing or tiresome. Both instruments and vocals sound good on both; the A2 pushes voices and mid tones more forward, revealing more detail. The sound on the OneAudio is a bit more balanced. The CAL sounds darker - bass of the CAL is a bit more refined and hits harder though - with a generous but not overbearing thump. The sound is a bit cleaner and instrument placement is better - yet not by much. Both sound absolutely amazing for their price.

CAL vs Bosshifi B8: While the B8 feels and looks nicer, it's also very big, meaning the band will not easily stay put on your head. It's a win for the comfort of the Creative Arvana Live, which sit more sturdy. The CAL has a tighter, cleaner bass. The bass of the B8 pushes harder. On the other end, the B8 gives far more emphasis on the highs, which reveal more detail, extend better and make the B8 sound more opened up compared to the CAL. In brighter songs, the CAL can still sound darkish. The lack of highs give the CAL a less fatiguing listen, so it can either be a plus or a con. Instrument placement on the B8 is better - both of their soundstages are very acceptable for closed backs however.

All in all: the CAL is a great headphone for its price, but stating it's your best option for the price of 70 dollar, is pushing it. For the same price, the Bosshifi B8 delivers a more engaging and detailed sound presentation - albeit bright. The CAL is more on par with the OneAudio A2, but that one's actually wireless and costs half of the CAL.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #5,302 of 7,153
All in all: the CAL is a great headphone for its price, but stating it's your best option for the price of 70 dollar, is pushing it. For the same price, the Bosshifi B8 delivers a more engaging and detailed sound presentation - albeit bright. The CAL is more on par with the OneAudio A2, but that one's actually wireless and costs half of the CAL.

I paid 50€ for CAL and they are about the best headphone ive tried for the money. I think that slightly more expensive N650 and MDR-V6 are better overall though (but i can enjoy listening CAL about as much as them). While CAL is not the most detailed or accurate headphone in the world they have such a pleasant and "inoffensive/non-irritating" sound that is somewhat hard to find in their price range. I just dont find them lacking anything substantially/distractingly when im listening to them. I pick them over metallic, harsh and artificial sounding Pro 82 for example any day of the week. It would be interesting to test B8 some day.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #5,303 of 7,153
Hi all

Can somebody please advise a good balanced cable (2.5) for aizer az-a700? I'd like to pair it with pioneer xdp-300r via balanced out

Cheers

Mar 4, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #5,304 of 7,153
Hello, I've been using Superlux HD681 EVOs for some time, they were OKish, although head clamp force was insanely high. I then switched to Philips SHP9500s and those are (were?) super comfy. Not sure if it's just me but after couple years of use it seems clamping force is getting weaker + just lately one of the height adjustement sliders (not sure how else to describe it - the part that should hold earcup at the height you set up) went loose on them making them quite a tricky to use. Every time I arrange them on my head (as they tend to move around because of low clamping force) the slider just go down/up making them fit even less. Therefore I'm looking to replace them.

1) open back
2) price $100-150
3) worldwide (EU) availability

Since my budget's not super high I think China is the way to go, hence I'm writing in this thread. Any recommendations? I've checked there are some Sivgas, OKCSCs or older iSKs (2010), but I'm obviously missing dozens of other options. Too bad most of the interesting recommendations are usually closed back which I can't afford. I've small child and job where I have to be constantly available on the phone, so closed back headphones are out of question. Thanks for every can recommendation you throw at me.

Mar 4, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #5,305 of 7,153
Hello, I've been using Superlux HD681 EVOs for some time, they were OKish, although head clamp force was insanely high. I then switched to Philips SHP9500s and those are (were?) super comfy. Not sure if it's just me but after couple years of use it seems clamping force is getting weaker + just lately one of the height adjustement sliders (not sure how else to describe it - the part that should hold earcup at the height you set up) went loose on them making them quite a tricky to use. Every time I arrange them on my head (as they tend to move around because of low clamping force) the slider just go down/up making them fit even less. Therefore I'm looking to replace them.

1) open back
2) price $100-150
3) worldwide (EU) availability

Since my budget's not super high I think China is the way to go, hence I'm writing in this thread. Any recommendations? I've checked there are some Sivgas, OKCSCs or older iSKs (2010), but I'm obviously missing dozens of other options. Too bad most of the interesting recommendations are usually closed back which I can't afford. I've small child and job where I have to be constantly available on the phone, so closed back headphones are out of question. Thanks for every can recommendation you throw at me.
It will be a bit more expensive due to import and clearance costs, but the Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee is amazing and very pleasant sounding. Way cheaper and more detailed, although quite bright, is the amazing OKCSC ZX1. Those are my top recommendations.

Mar 4, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #5,306 of 7,153
It will be a bit more expensive due to import and clearance costs, but the Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee is amazing and very pleasant sounding. Way cheaper and more detailed, although quite bright, is the amazing OKCSC ZX1. Those are my top recommendations.

My first thought was also just to add a bit to the budget and get the HD58X so I support your suggestion. They're extremely hard to beat at that price.

Mar 4, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #5,307 of 7,153
If I had $150 budget I would buy used instead chi-fi. Lack of warranty sucks of course but If you buy $100 headphones from China and have to ship them back on your own expense for repairs/refund that is nor much better either.

Used hifiman he400i for $150 is hard to beat. Heh, that is chi-fi too now that I think about it. :) Used onkyo a800 if you can find one, Sony mdr-ma900 and I'm sure that hd58x is great too if you definately need new headphones.

Mar 5, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #5,308 of 7,153
Brainwavz deals, including Round Sheepskin 100mm Pads for $25, perfect for ISK MDH9000 clones.

brainwavz_deal_05jkv.png

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #5,309 of 7,153
Mar 13, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #5,310 of 7,153
Sorry for asking in this thread, but after reading quite a few pages of positive impressions of OKCSC ZX1 I just ordered myself a pair. And I hope maybe one of owners can help me out.

I've no prior experience with headphones and my ThinkPad X200/OG Pixel XL/Sansa Clip+ had no problem powering various IEMs, but as far as I understand I'll probably need an DAC/amp for ZX1. What would be cheapest option for USB DAC? (I think I need USB one because my laptop soundcard is absolute garbage and I'm afraid to plug in amp into 3.5mm jack. It performs "decent" with Microlab 2.1 speaker system, but IEMs plugged into laptop sound terrible, too much static noise).
Is something like this https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ck2RccLA be good enough to drive ZX1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back