Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Feb 18, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #5,281 of 7,153
It's spelled OneOdio lol...that has been bothering me
Nope, on this headband it says OneAudio. The product is called A2 by the way. But it's only advertised as the DJ Studio Wireless.

Crazy mess. :p

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #5,282 of 7,153
Just ordered this one: OneAudio DJ Studio Pro. Already got their Studio Wireless, which I think is the best Bluetooth headphone I've tried so far under 150 dollar (costing 30 dollar - and I've tried around 20 models), so I'm very curious if these sound indeed different.... Or are just wired and more thick padded.

User reviews on them are great, but then again, that's nothing different compared to the normal or wireless Studio. Soundstage gets a specific praise here though. Hmm!

The color scheme is different, but this is the same headphone as the Yenona Adapter-Free headphone reviewed 2.5 yrs ago:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/yenona-adapter-free-dj-headphones.21849/reviews

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #5,283 of 7,153
Hmm, MDH9000 is 20€ cheaper than CB-1 and supposedly build better so they might be better choice. Which one is more comfortable?

I've owned 4 of these ISK MDH9000 clones (kept 2; gave 2 away as gifts). I also owned, then sold the CB-1. At least for my head, the clones are bigger & more adjustable (I have a big head). The CB-1 is ~90% the size/scale of the clones. A little less comfortable for me.
  • One issue w/all the clones in my experience is too much clamping (could just be me). I stretch them out ceaseless until that gets better, but have to work at it.

Sonically they're relatively close, in the neighborhood. But my pick would still be one of the clones.

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #5,284 of 7,153
Agreed. For the ridiculous prices some of these go for, the value ratio is off the charts.

I paid $25 for Project 50X, and most recently $16 for the Neewer NW9000.

The 50X only requires the stock LyxPro pads ($9) extra to be ‘the same’ as the ISK (ie $34 total), but the Neewer already has them (ie $16 total).

I dont really like the stock cables. So I always remove the cable locking mechanism, and use upgraded cables.

Reminder to anyone who hasn't read this entire thread: @Slater is the "MDH9000 Whisperer" -- he can make these already good headphones really sing. Awhile back he & I "collaborated" on an extensive mod of one of the clones (he did all the work while I cheered from the sideline): the resulting headphone was open (yes), completely retuned & able to take any 3.5mm aftermarket cable for a stable/solid connection.

Those are fascinating headphones...building on that pleasing stock sound, but everything is now clearer, tighter, more dynamic. It's really a fine driver. I was impressed as hell and posted a review here...

Loaned them to my twin brother a couple months ago. He owns my first pair of Marantz MPH-2s & loves them. Knows literally nothing about headphones beyond the MPH-2s. I put the Slater-modded clone on his head, cued a tune, and the reaction was priceless. "My God, what did you do to these? They sound amazing!" (yes, they do).

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #5,285 of 7,153
I've owned 4 of these ISK MDH9000 clones (kept 2; gave 2 away as gifts). I also owned, then sold the CB-1. At least for my head, the clones are bigger & more adjustable (I have a big head). The CB-1 is ~90% the size/scale of the clones. A little less comfortable for me.
  • One issue w/all the clones in my experience is too much clamping (could just be me). I stretch them out ceaseless until that gets better, but have to work at it.

Sonically they're relatively close, in the neighborhood. But my pick would still be one of the clones.

I already placed an order for original MDH9000. :wink: To my understanding CB-1 has pretty crappy build quality and they are 20€ more expensive than MDH9K which is supposedly build better so I thought that I get more value for the money by ordering ISK´s. Im maybe a bit skeptical about them but ill try to stay open minded.

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #5,287 of 7,153
What about their other models? Any thoughts?

D26C893B-E48A-4B57-90FB-111118D02CFB.png

Edit: Took the jump, bought the 9000 already. Curious ootb and modded. :)

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #5,288 of 7,153
What about their other models? Any thoughts?

I had HD 9999 (most ridiculous model name ever) for a while, didnt really like them. Too V-shaped, sharp and sibilant. They were pretty decent gaming headphones because of the relatively big sounstage for a closed back.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #5,289 of 7,153

Just a shout out to the OneAudio DJ Studio Wireless. I like them so much with their smoothness, full, warm sound, clear mids and highs and their soundstage which is actually great for a pair of cheap closed back (Bluetooth) cans.

Tomorrow the CAL will arrive...

I would like to echo Bartig’s sentiments and say that I too are pleasantly surprised at the sound these OneAudio fusion Bluetooth headphones produce. They are not veiled muddy bass cannons that many Bluetooth phones in this category can be but are surprisingly balanced, with a slightly warm harman curve going on with decent resolution despite not being aptx. The plastic seams thin but the ear pads are a nice oval and very comfy, but do leak a lot of sound. One could do much worse for the price, 50 bucks on Amazon plus there’s a code floating around somewhere that knocks that down a bit.They have better mids than my RBH Bluetooth phones. Very nicely tuned phones

Feb 18, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #5,291 of 7,153

Just a shout out to the OneAudio DJ Studio Wireless. I like them so much with their smoothness, full, warm sound, clear mids and highs and their soundstage which is actually great for a pair of cheap closed back (Bluetooth) cans.

Tomorrow the CAL will arrive...

Yup, had those, was blown away by the quality for the price. I gave them away as a gift.

Feb 19, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #5,292 of 7,153
So cool. Had no idea there was so much love for them here. :D

I never had complaints about sound leakage though, even though I have glasses It blocks outside noise very well too.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #5,294 of 7,153
I dont feel Oneodios same way as some others, theyre definitely not bad for the price and are "quite ok" on their own but nothing really jumps out of me when im listening to them. They sound little muddy and kind of dull. Only slightly more expensive CAL is clearly superior sounding to me. Thats the reason why im little skeptical about my incoming MDH9K because people often compare those to Oneodio Studio Pros/Yenonas.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #5,295 of 7,153
I dont feel Oneodios same way as some others, theyre definitely not bad for the price and are "quite ok" on their own but nothing really jumps out of me when im listening to them. They sound little muddy and kind of dull. Only slightly more expensive CAL is clearly superior sounding to me. Thats why im little skeptical about my incoming MDH9K because people often compare those to Oneodio Studio Pros/Yenonas.
I'll soon be able to compare them side by side. The CAL will be delivered today and I just ordered the MDH9000... :)

Also, is there someone here that would like to put the Bosshifi B8 into this comparison? I have it, and while it technically is brighter and more detailed than the OneAudio's, I like the profile of the Studio Wireless better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back