Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Feb 9, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #5,221 of 7,153
Sony MDR-V6 has loosely similar sound signature except they are more neutral and sterile sounding. Bass is not as elevated (maybe barely so) and doesnt dig as deep as Pro 82 but it sounds tighter and better controlled, amount of bass bleed is zero. Mids dont have dips on them, maybe a tiny bit recessed on the very lowest midrange. I also find V6 having better midrange clarity and detail than Pro 82 especially in the upper midrange (which is pretty scooped on Takstars). V6 can also have slightly hot treble and its clearly on the brighter side but it doesnt really bother me in lower volumes. Treble sounds also way less metallic and artificial.
Thank you for suggestion! It’s an unexpected option. Well actually initially I was thinking about headphones with beryllium alloy drivers (Bosshifies, Sivgas, maybe even Msur you’ve recommended). As far as I understand from the topic these drivers produces slightly more powerful bass and good clarity. Are these headphones as hot on treble as Takstars are?

Feb 9, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #5,222 of 7,153
89391412-6549-4757-8F8A-8715B577CEE8.jpeg

Bought a four way amp from AliExpress for 18 dollar - man, I should have done that before! Although it's said that the Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee is easy to drive, I've got the feeling they definitely livened up now. Just like the Bosshifi B8 is doing great on it! Really good stuff.

8054D83B-52B1-4164-9AE7-DCD75F503A70.jpeg

Feb 9, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #5,223 of 7,153
Sony MDR-V6 has loosely similar sound signature except they are more neutral and sterile sounding. Bass is not as elevated (maybe barely so) and doesnt dig as deep as Pro 82 but it sounds tighter and better controlled, amount of bass bleed is zero. Mids dont have dips on them, maybe a tiny bit recessed on the very lowest midrange. I also find V6 having better midrange clarity and detail than Pro 82 especially in the upper midrange (which is pretty scooped on Takstars). V6 can also have slightly hot treble and its clearly on the brighter side but it doesnt really bother me in lower volumes. Treble sounds also way less metallic and artificial.

Oddly, I find the V6 to be a far more exciting listen, and with substantially punchier bass than the Pro 82. In fact, I’d use the very words you used to describe the V6 instead for the Pro 82: “more neutral and sterile sounding.” I’d add “kind of boring”, too, for the Pro 82.

Feb 9, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #5,224 of 7,153
Thank you for suggestion! It’s an unexpected option. Well actually initially I was thinking about headphones with beryllium alloy drivers (Bosshifies, Sivgas, maybe even Msur you’ve recommended). As far as I understand from the topic these drivers produces slightly more powerful bass and good clarity. Are these headphones as hot on treble as Takstars are?

N650 has quite smooth/dark-ish treble. They can sound little sibilant at times but not excessively so. Bass is on the slightly heavier side but not overbearing. I had to pick them up and im wearing them while writing this, these are not even trying to be accurate sounding but i found these as a very enjoyable and fun listening with certain types of music. :)

Oddly, I find the V6 to be a far more exciting listen, and with substantially punchier bass than the Pro 82. In fact, I’d use the very words you used to describe the V6 instead for the Pro 82: “more neutral and sterile sounding.” I’d add “kind of boring”, too, for the Pro 82.

Yeah, even if Pro 82 packs slightly more bass and has better extension it sounds flabby and lacks impact compared to V6. I also feel like its bass distorts in certain songs. V6 has more even sound which feels more neutral to me, Pro 82 has warmer signature, scooped mids and more bass so its basically little more "fun". But sometimes technically fun signature is not always more fun... if that makes any sense. :D I think "lively" is the right word for V6.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #5,226 of 7,153
Just ordered this one: OneAudio DJ Studio Pro. Already got their Studio Wireless, which I think is the best Bluetooth headphone I've tried so far under 150 dollar (costing 30 dollar - and I've tried around 20 models), so I'm very curious if these sound indeed different.... Or are just wired and more thick padded.

User reviews on them are great, but then again, that's nothing different compared to the normal or wireless Studio. Soundstage gets a specific praise here though. Hmm!

343E7E2F-9F86-4858-B773-74429BA13FC5.jpeg

Feb 14, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #5,227 of 7,153
Just ordered this one: OneAudio DJ Studio Pro. Already got their Studio Wireless, which I think is the best Bluetooth headphone I've tried so far under 150 dollar (costing 30 dollar - and I've tried around 20 models), so I'm very curious if these sound indeed different.... Or are just wired and more thick padded.

User reviews on them are great, but then again, that's nothing different compared to the normal or wireless Studio. Soundstage gets a specific praise here though. Hmm!

Theyre definitely not bad for the price but imo not really anything too special either. I can understand why some people like them but to me they are just pretty average cheap muddy basscans.

Feb 14, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #5,228 of 7,153
20190212_145856.jpg
I got these a couple of days ago and must say that I'm extremely pleased with them so far :)

Feb 14, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #5,229 of 7,153
Theyre definitely not bad for the price but imo not really anything too special either. I can understand why some people like them but to me they are just pretty average cheap muddy basscans.
Huh, that would really disappoint me. I think the DJ Studio Wireless are somewhat dark sounding, but also well balanced and really good for the money. Not too upfront, just clear vocals - the sound is less tinny than QC25 for example.

Feb 14, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #5,230 of 7,153
Huh, that would really disappoint me. I think the DJ Studio Wireless are somewhat dark sounding, but also well balanced and really good for the money. Not too upfront, just clear vocals - the sound is less tinny than QC25 for example.

Yeah they are also quite dark sounding OOTB. I have "modded" mine, i scratched the foam off from bottom of the earpads which perhaps improved the clarity a little bit. I dont understand praises about the soundstage, its fairly average if little wide and separation/imaging is not really all that great. CAL for example has much better imaging than those (not the best imaging ive heard around that price range either) even if it has little smaller soundstage and sounds better overall.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #5,231 of 7,153
Yeah they are also quite dark sounding OOTB. I have "modded" mine, i scratched the foam off from bottom of the earpads which perhaps improved the clarity a little bit. I dont understand praises about the soundstage, its fairly average if little wide and separation/imaging is not really all that great. CAL for example has much better imaging than those (not the best imaging ive heard around that price range either) even if it has little smaller soundstage and sounds better overall.
Hmm, ok. What do you think is the best affordable closed back headphone in this price range?

Feb 14, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #5,232 of 7,153
Hmm, ok. What do you think is the best affordable closed back headphone in this price range?

CAL is probably the best headhone ive tried in 30-60€ price range. Im also planning to get Status Audio CB-1 or ISK MDH9000 to see how they compare. :p

Feb 15, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #5,233 of 7,153
For the OneOdio DJ, replacing the pads with Sheepskin round pads helps as there isnt all that thick foam and pads are still thick. Of course the pads will be black and not brown.

Haven't listened to mine in a long while, got them on now from my zx300. Balanced sound. Nothing spectacular but solid.

I have the Lyxpro HAS30 which are an MDH9000 variant. They are very good for their price. Best gaming phones I've had but went full wireless for my XB1.

The SA CB1 I actually won on eBay for 50 bucks a week ago. They have a bit less bass and a bit more Treble than the HAS30. Only spent a little time with them since I got them for my buddy to test and see if he likes for monitors in a studio.

Feb 15, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #5,234 of 7,153
Hmm, MDH9000 is 20€ cheaper than CB-1 and supposedly build better so they might be better choice. Which one is more comfortable?

Feb 15, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #5,235 of 7,153
Hmm, MDH9000 is 20€ cheaper than CB-1 and supposedly build better so they might be better choice. Which one is more comfortable?
Didn't have enough time with the CB1 but they were good.

Got the LyxPro on now. First from my zx300 which needed me to bump volume by 10 steps, sounded very good but I still feel these need extra power to real shine. Got them on my new Little bear B4-X portable tube amp connected to my ES100 streaming LDAC and the bass is soooo much better on these than the CB1. CB1 IMO is good for studio mixing but these are for music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back