Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jun 9, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #3,947 of 7,153
I just like the fact Peter123 has scored a couple of fantastic cheap headphones and can appreciate them when he already owns some really good ones. A bit like me and people call me crazy

Fwiw I've been called that too..... quite often :wink:

Jun 9, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #3,948 of 7,153
Since Peter bought them used, perhaps the previous owner added the glossy finish? It would be easy to apply a polyurethane or lacquer finish to the cups.

The guy had only owned them for a couple of weeks and I talked to him for a while when picking them up and after that conversation I'd be very surprised if he'd done any changes to the.

If you search for them on Aliexpress you'll find several pictures of glossy ones....

I might however try. To make my B6 glossy as well as it looks much better imo.

Jun 9, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #3,949 of 7,153
I just like the fact Peter123 has scored a couple of fantastic cheap headphones and can appreciate them when he already owns some really good ones. A bit like me and people call me crazy
Totally agree. I get hard looks when I tell people I have 12 over ear headphones (currently), 2 on ear (not a fan of the fit), and IEMs I've lost count of. I do buy/sell frequently, so the 12 I have now, will be a different 12 next year. Each headphone has their own unique flavor and suit me when I feel this way or that way. I have the Sennheisier HD 600, but I don't feel like analytical all the time, so I'll throw on the Archgon for some sexy mids and sweet bass. I enjoy the SIVGA (SV002) with the Meze 99 pads or maybe I want to be mobile and listen to the MindKoo at the gym.

Anyone that is OK with 1 headphone, is someone I can't hold a cogent conversation with. It's like speaking with a child.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #3,950 of 7,153
Totally agree. I get hard looks when I tell people I have 12 over ear headphones (currently), 2 on ear (not a fan of the fit), and IEMs I've lost count of. I do buy/sell frequently, so the 12 I have now, will be a different 12 next year. Each headphone has their own unique flavor and suit me when I feel this way or that way. I have the Sennheisier HD 600, but I don't feel like analytical all the time, so I'll throw on the Archgon for some sexy mids and sweet bass. I enjoy the SIVGA (SV002) with the Meze 99 pads or maybe I want to be mobile and listen to the MindKoo at the gym.

Anyone that is OK with 1 headphone, is someone I can't hold a cogent conversation with. It's like speaking with a child.

Ah, the 1 headphone crowd - 9 out of 10 times it’s strictly a fashion accessory to wear around their neck (and it’s almost always Beats).

As far as the hard looks from having a massive collection, I say who cares.

I saw some rich guy on TV yesterday that has a Hot Wheels toy car collection with thousands and thousands of cars worth over $1 million in total. He had an enormous room in his house/mansion dedicated to displaying them in elaborate custom made cabinets.

And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that, as it brings him enjoyment.

So compared to my collection of a few dozen headphones and earphones; that’s a-ok in my book. It’s not like I’m forgoing feeding and clothing my family to buy headphones instead.

Jun 9, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #3,951 of 7,153
I really like the glossy finish, makes them look a lot more exclusive then my B6. The stock pads on my pair was really bad but after shifting them out with a pair of round BW velour I actually find them quite nice. A lot more so than the B6 after only changing the pads on those. My B6 has a lot more changes done to them now but I'll do some comparison between the two later on but I've got a strong feeling that I'm going to prefer the B7 but it might just be new toy syndrome :wink:

As for the Symphonized they're very comfortable but sound is quite boxy and bassy. I did put them on for a 45 minute walk though and with all the external noise around me drowning out some of the bass I actually enjoyed them listening to electronic music. I'll see if I have some other pads that I can try on them tomorrow.

Anyway my experience with the B7 has me looking at the Sivga SV007 again. If anyone can do a small comparison between the two I'd be very interested in reading it.
I don't think it's new toy syndrome, the B7 is a surprisingly good headphone. It's different than most headphones out there, it's tuning and presentation is really interesting...it has sub-bass, the mids are very forward and while the treble isn't harsh or grating, it's not rolled off either....I was a/b ing it with my Fidelio L2 and they are surprisingly similar...the L2 does nearly everything better, especially soundstage and instrument separation...but the way that the B7 presents sound reminds me of listening to an old school stereo, in the best way possible...Led Zeppelin, Paul Simon, The Police they sound 'right' with these headphones.

Jun 9, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #3,953 of 7,153
Jun 9, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #3,954 of 7,153
Have any of you Sivga owners ever had the headband just shear off after light usage?

The headband metal (where it connects to the hinge/cup yokes) is paper thin, and it's made of aluminum not stainless steel. You know how easy it is to crush a soda pop can (aluminum) vs a soup can (steel) right? Aluminum is waaaay softer.

I know I'm not alone, because there are Amazon reviews complaining of the same problem.

There's also at least 1 HeadFier (@Adide) who received one pre-broken in shipping: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...-ear-headphones.822184/page-138#post-13774394

IMG-1831.JPG

I would be VERY careful when taking your Sivgas on and off, as I don't know exactly how common the problem is.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #3,955 of 7,153

Imagine the looks I get when I tell people I have over 100 headphones. That is just over the ear.

For a long time I only ever really had one working headphone and a cheap backup for playing video games. Of course I had more than a few broken headphones because gaming headphones of the past really suck for build quality. Back in the day I didn't make the money I do now though.

Jun 9, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #3,956 of 7,153
Have any of you Sivga owners ever had the headband just shear off after light usage?

The headband metal (where it connects to the hinge/cup yokes) is paper thin, and it's made of aluminum not stainless steel. You know how easy it is to crush a soda pop can (aluminum) vs a soup can (steel) right? Aluminum is waaaay softer.

I know I'm not alone, because there are Amazon reviews complaining of the same problem.

There's also at least 1 HeadFier (@Adide) who received one pre-broken in shipping: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...-ear-headphones.822184/page-138#post-13774394

I would be VERY careful when taking your Sivgas on and off, as I don't know exactly how common the problem is.
Must have spoken to HiFiMan about headbands

Jun 9, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #3,957 of 7,153
Imagine the looks I get when I tell people I have over 100 headphones. That is just over the ear.

For a long time I only ever really had one working headphone and a cheap backup for playing video games. Of course I had more than a few broken headphones because gaming headphones of the past really suck for build quality. Back in the day I didn't make the money I do now though.

haha, true dat.

I figure I'm just making up for all of the years of my youth when all I had were the crap headphones that came with cassette walkmans (Sony and knockoff competitors like Sanyo)!

Jun 9, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #3,958 of 7,153

I have a pair of Blon B7 Walnut Wooden headphones and the headband looks very close. used for few months and no problem at all. BTW, the shipping took only 1week from Beijing and packing was so perfect... guess the guy must have dealed with a bad dealer.

Jun 9, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #3,959 of 7,153
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back