Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
May 29, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #3,797 of 7,153
First impressions of the SIVGA SV002 is that they are a bright headphone. It's still relatively balanced, but it's a bit sibilant in and around the 8 kHz to 10 kHz regions. If you're using an AMP/DAC, this shouldn't be an issue, since you can just EQ. Other than that, they are a great sounding headphone with a quality build, feel, and awesome case. Overall, they're a keeper and have a different flavor than I'm accustomed to. And yes, they EQ extremely well, which I find to be commonplace when working with Beryllium plated drivers.

The Archgon Delicato is still the more revealing headphone, especially in the mid range, and is the best sounding sub-$100 Chi-Fi headphone that I've personally demoed (my taste is a bit on the warm side).

Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #3,798 of 7,153
That's a good price. It only has one negative review, but that review is complete BS. See below (SMH).

I just pulled the trigger on the SIVGA SV002, so we'll see how those stack up against the Archgon Delicato I recently purchased (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079P5BSSQ/). Who said Chi-Fi isn't addicting?!
I have to say, those 002 look gangster, all murdered out black... I have wondered how they sound.

Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #3,799 of 7,153
I have to say, those 002 look gangster, all murder out black... I have wondered how they sound.
They are built as good as they look. Have them hooked up via USB connection to my FiiO E17K Alpen 2 at 96/24 and they sound amazing. Just a little downward tweak to the treble and it's quite lovely indeed.

Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #3,800 of 7,153
Xiaomi Launches The 299 yuan ($46) Mi Bluetooth Headset With 40mm Dynamic Driver, Bluetooth 4.2

xiaomi-mi-bluetooth-headset.jpg

xiaomi-bluetooth-headset-3.jpg

xiaomi-bluetooth-headset-2-576x1024.jpg

May 30, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #3,801 of 7,153
Say... has anyone seen or tried the Sivga planars?

NOPE! But sounds very interesting. Hadn't realized they were coming out with a planar yet. I do know they are trying to come up with their own lineup instead of re-badging the Bosshifi lineup. So wouldn't be surprised if they came out with some planars.

I see they have them listed on their product pages though. Although the pictures for them look like renderings at this point in time, and I don't see them for sale anywhere.

http://www.sivgaaudio.com/us/planar-magnetic-headphones.html

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #3,803 of 7,153
May 30, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #3,804 of 7,153
Just found these 'Sharkk Bravo' Headphones going on amazon for only $30, which seems quite a deal as their original price was much higher. I was wondering how they compare to other headphones below $100.

I know people seem to watch Zeos' videos for fun, but the demo shows them in pretty unfavourable light (foul language warning):

May 30, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #3,805 of 7,153
NOPE! But sounds very interesting. Hadn't realized they were coming out with a planar yet. I do know they are trying to come up with their own lineup instead of re-badging the Bosshifi lineup. So wouldn't be surprised if they came out with some planars.

I see they have them listed on their product pages though. Although the pictures for them look like renderings at this point in time, and I don't see them for sale anywhere.

http://www.sivgaaudio.com/us/planar-magnetic-headphones.html

Yeah, that's the only reference to them I found, too. :-/

May 30, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #3,806 of 7,153
Just found these 'Sharkk Bravo' Headphones going on amazon for only $30, which seems quite a deal as their original price was much higher. I was wondering how they compare to other headphones below $100.

The negative reviews are pretty harsh.

I tend to pay more attention to negative reviews than positive ones. Because it's very easy to drum up a million fake positive reviews - just send people a free product, or a discount, or have friends and family do it. But fake negative reviews are much less common. And that Sharkk sure has a high ratio of negative ones.
  • "Rebadged headphones from asia, you did not make nothing. Sleazy Sharkk company. Just a rebadge Verisonix N500 & N501 from taiwan."
  • "Check the indiegogo page. Many investors demanding refunds for poor quality."
  • "Save your money. They are rattly and they feel like they are ready to fall apart. I was really disappointed."
  • "I'll just regift them and let them be someone else's problem"
  • "I wanted to see if they sounded as good as the reviews claimed. Well, they sound terrible!"
For the same or less money you can get a pair of Akai Project 50X or Philips SHL3300. I have multiples of both, and they are the real deal.

May 30, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #3,809 of 7,153
I read those negative reviews, but most of them seem to be from the era when it was priced at $250. Since the marketing compared them to Stax and all (lol). The reviews at $30 seem to fairly positive, except the build quality. Well, I have my friend going to US. I'll see if he can pick em up, along with the Akai. If he is able to smuggle two headphones back, haha.

PS: I started my chi-fi tryst with Soundmagic, the ultra budget earphone Es18. Since then, I have bought E30, E10, E80 in-ears and P30 on-ears. All of them were good for the price, before the coming of the hybrid trend. And till date, E80 still hold the crown for the best earphone I have; the sound signature is almost perfect to my liking. Even if other earphones are technically better (Tinaudio T2) Well, all I have are budget earphones under $50 though. :p
Soundmagic is quite a big brand and they seem to have quite a strong presence outside China.
I am honestly a fanboi. :D

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #3,810 of 7,153
I read those negative reviews, but most of them seem to be from the era when it was priced at $250. Since the marketing compared them to Stax and all (lol). The reviews at $30 seem to fairly positive, except the build quality. Well, I have my friend going to US. I'll see if he can pick em up, along with the Akai. If he is able to smuggle two headphones back, haha.

PS: I started my chi-fi tryst with Soundmagic, the ultra budget earphone Es18. Since then, I have bought E30, E10, E80 in-ears and P30 on-ears. All of them were good for the price, before the coming of the hybrid trend. And till date, E80 still hold the crown for the best earphone I have; the sound signature is almost perfect to my liking. Even if other earphones are technically better (Tinaudio T2) Well, all I have are budget earphones under $50 though. :p
Soundmagic is quite a big brand and they seem to have quite a strong presence outside China.
I am honestly a fanboi. :D

Hey, I’m a soundmagic fan myself. I have the HP150, and HP200, and I used to have a pair of e10c IEMs.

They make good stuff, although their hinge design on their full size headphones is seriously flawed and needs to be changed to be more robust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back